RyanFleming

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Max HD XT926

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:20 AM

I recently bought a used XT926, rooted it and unlocked the bootloader flashed the radio for ATT/TMobile GSM and installed CyanogenMod 11.  Then I put the SIM card in and it won't read it or a few other good (and bad) sim cards I have in my possession.  I have access to a few other XT926's and these same sim cards do work in the other phones.  (These phones range from set up just like the one above to an unlockable but rooted phone with latest OTA).  Back to the phone I am having problems with:

When I put the phone into airplane mode and back out, the phone temporarily shows signal (not data though)  but won't make calls and after a few seconds shows no sim.  A couple of Sim card reader apps show card not inserted.  I popped the LCD off and looked at the reader, no apparent damage.  I have reflashed the phone using rsdlite back to 4.4.2 183.46.10 as well as 4.0.4 still nothing.

Could this be software related?  I am in the process of returning the phone, but the seller has not responded so I imagine it will take a good week so until ebay steps in.  So I figured I'd put this post here to see if anyone has any suggestions.  If I can get the phone to work I'll keep it.  I've searched the forums and not found anything useful to try.

Thanks

Ryan

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:14 AM

well I would start with baby steps.....first get a new SIM from T-Mo, also I would try with Stock before you go messing with a custom ROM...

#3 Dave12308

Dave12308

"The Don"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts
  • LocationSchenectady, NY - 518 Represent!
  • Current Device(s):Motorola X 2014 (AT&T - Biggest MISTAKE! i've EVER made), ASUS Padfone X (Thanks, Kaos!)

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

He did mention trying known good SIMs, and the non-working SIM in a known working phone.

I am going to have to say the SIM slot could be worn out.  It doesn't have to physically LOOK damaged to have one of the pins not connected or something.  And perhaps the prior owner used a poorly constructed nano SIM adapter which damaged the pins.

#4 dlw

dlw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationAmboy, WA
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:26 AM

I am having the same problem. The sim cards are good but the XT926M will not recognize them.

What are the options here?

Can the sim card slot be replaced?

#5 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:45 AM

I am having the same problem. The sim cards are good but the XT926M will not recognize them.
What are the options here?
Can the sim card slot be replaced?

If you are really adept with de-soldering and soldering.... Yes it can be replaced

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#6 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:18 AM

Phones from ebay are notorious for unseen issues. One thing I've seen frequently with the older ones is people using a sim adapter and putting it in the tray without a sim in it. If you remove the empty tray it damages the contacts.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users