1 reply to this topic

#1 ice69man2005

ice69man2005

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:14 AM

First off, a big thanks to Samurai and all for helping me root my third moto device. Found one on ebay that wasn't updated to the .15 update and I ordered it to root and unlock it. Read through the whole root thread and it went smoothly without a hiccup.

Now my current problem is with my VPN app. I have the grandfathered data package so I use Hotspot Shield VPN to encrypt certain parts of all that data that I use. I got the phone set up how I wanted to (list below for troubleshooting) but when I connect the VPN app it will not stay connected. It will stay connected from anywhere from 5-20 seconds before my cell signal indicator disappears for a brief second then it reconnects. This drops the VPN each time it does that. Any ideas?

Things I have done to the phone:

Rooted with Towelroot

Unlocked with Motopocalpse

Froze (not unistalled) approved list apps with TiBu

Wifi Hack

• soocold likes this

#2 ice69man2005

ice69man2005

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:19 AM

I sent an email to the VPN service but I am still waiting to hear back from them. I did google around for an hour before posting here. I stumbled across something on their website about it possibly being a carrier problem. Here's what they said:

If you are having LTE/4G connections issues this is a known problem. A few mobile carriers (T-mobile, Verizon, etc) have started a transition for a part of its customers to IPv6 (LTE areas) but Android 4.x versions have an issue with routing related to IPv6 that is causing connection issues with VPN on LTE/4G network, and, unfortunately, we cannot do anything at this moment.
As a workaround, you can switch to other networks (wifi or 3G) to be able to use VPN.
To do so, please go to your android settings -->mobile networks-->preferred network type--> select 3G

Now this makes some sense to me as to why it might not work but raises another question. The VPN app works on my old rooted Razr M XT907 so I would think that I would be having the problem on both phones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users