201 replies to this topic

#161 matienso10

matienso10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

I read that in v2, you can make a backup to the internal Sdcard.
my slot to External SD is empty.

"his is an unofficial bootstrap recovery for the Droid Razr. It is based off of Koush/CVPCS bootstrap for the Droid Bionic and modified for the Razr.

Flash zips at your own risk! Enjoy! Updated on 2/8/12 to fix backup and restore features as well as adding support for internal and external sd cards.

Download:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Steps to use bootstrap:
1. Install the RazrBootstrap.apk
2. Select "Bootstrap Recovery"
3. Superuser will prompt for permissions
4. Select "Reboot Recovery"

When the phone reboots it will boot up into Clockworkmod Recovery."

Font:

Thanks

#162 matienso10

matienso10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

look At this

"This is an unofficial bootstrap recovery for the Droid Razr. It is based off of Koush/CVPCS bootstrap for the Droid Bionic and modified for the Razr.

Flash zips at your own risk! Enjoy! Updated on 2/8/12 to fix backup and restore features as well as adding support for internal and external sd cards.

Download v2.0:

Steps to use bootstrap:

When the phone reboots it will boot up into Clockworkmod Recovery.
"

Font: Mr Eclipse; in this topic.....http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/66-recovery-droid-razr-bootstrap-recovery-updated-2812/

#163 spyder

spyder

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

There is an ICS specific bootstrap... lemme grab the link real quick...

[ my name is Jonas ]

Thanks for the links, and I am sure it will be handy very soon, BUT, the latest OTA update for the razr is the 812 (6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US

This is the update that took away my "Recovery Option" BEFORE BOOT (Same as CWR before boot)

SO, I'm worried if that is ICS specific, then???

I was speaking to Verizon today, and they told me, they pretty much (This was a level 2 tech support), they can see the updates they got from Moto, and are about to be released, but beyond that, they don't know any dates or anything. Now I'm sure somewhere up the ladder at Verizon there is, but, as far as who you can call, all they can say is they have it and it will be out soon (They won't know till within a week or two). The guy I was talking too, also had the Razr, told me he paid the 300 for it same as me, thinking ICS was right around the corner, here we are now, the phone is down to 99 bucks and still no ICS.....LETS NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT THE PROMISED UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER......
SORRY TO GET OFF THE OP...Just venting.....

But, all I really wonder is what safe/boot strap will give me a BEFORE BOOT option for CWR??

THANKS....JEFF

#164 loociddreemr

loociddreemr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

Is it possible to flash the ICS leak of 4.0.3 coming from the latest OTA .181 using CWM recovery that is installed with Bootstrap v2.0?

#165 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Is it possible to flash the ICS leak of 4.0.3 coming from the latest OTA .181 using CWM recovery that is installed with Bootstrap v2.0?

No -- the ICS updates change the kernel and radio which can only be done from stock recovery

[ my name is Jonas ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#166 Razrlover

Razrlover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Help please? Second brick in 48 hours. Was on safestrap ics 173..Updated 181 but didnt protect root...lost root used droidrazr utlility back to stock 173...Install Razr Bootstrap...Boot into recovery....downloaded Simplexrom 175 because forum thread said ok, flashed in recovery..Stuck on m logo

#167 Razrlover

Razrlover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

hold down power volume+/- went into recvery screen....wipe data, wipe cache...tried to install zip from sd card....didnt work...volume+/- recovery stuck on m logo again

#168 ottawadad34

ottawadad34

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

I have a question. I have a gsm razr. I live in ottawa canada and when I rooted my phone I have safestrap installed. I just read that safestrap wont work on gsm phones only bootstrap will and I cant find a clear step by step to remove safestap and install bootstrap.

Can someone help me with this? Thank you

#169 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Help please? Second brick in 48 hours. Was on safestrap ics 173..Updated 181 but didnt protect root...lost root used droidrazr utlility back to stock 173...Install Razr Bootstrap...Boot into recovery....downloaded Simplexrom 175 because forum thread said ok, flashed in recovery..Stuck on m logo

I think you are confused. There is no ICS 173 or 181. Those are Gingerbread builds. The Simplexrom is for those people stuck on the 6.14.84 ICS leak. That ROM wasn't meant for you to flash straight from Gingerbread. And you don't want to flash the .84 ics leak just to get that rom either. There is an ICS .75 leak you can install from Gingerbread.
Take a few minutes to read things carefully before you start flashing stuff.

#170 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

I have a question. I have a gsm razr. I live in ottawa canada and when I rooted my phone I have safestrap installed. I just read that safestrap wont work on gsm phones only bootstrap will and I cant find a clear step by step to remove safestap and install bootstrap.

Can someone help me with this? Thank you

Maybe post in the GSM threads? This is for CDMA.

#171 nin

nin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

noob question
can i do cwm on my razr maxx with the ics leak 4.0.3 ?

any info ty

Posted Image

#172 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

noob question
can i do cwm on my razr maxx with the ics leak 4.0.3 ?

any info ty

If you're asking if you can install this Bootstrap over ICS, the answer is no. This Bootstrap is NOT compatible with ICS. However, there IS an ICS Bootstrap which can be found here:

#173 nin

nin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

If you're asking if you can install this Bootstrap over ICS, the answer is no. This Bootstrap is NOT compatible with ICS. However, there IS an ICS Bootstrap which can be found here:

ty but link is broken for the download

Posted Image

#174 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

Its also at rombot.droidhive.com/ROMS/

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#175 astralizing

astralizing

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thank you, working great.

#176 gauharjk

gauharjk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

I have flashed this custom recovery on my GSM Droid Razr ICS AsiaRetail version. I used it to flash CM9...

Is there any way to prevent this recovery from starting up when I reboot the phone?

#177 omoige

omoige

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLa Verne
  • Current Device(s):Motorola XT928

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Will this work on my Motorola XT928? Please help. The phone is stuck on bootsrap. And couldn't get it to go past that. In other words, my phone cannot boot to it useful state

#178 archeotype

archeotype

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Possible noob question:  When I run the bootstrapper, I get into CWM, flash CM10.1 without any errors, then on reboot, I get encryption unsuccessful screen and have to re-flash my phone back to jellybean using the droid razr utility by mattlgroff.  After some testing, I've narrowed this down to when I run the bootstrap recovery and then restart.  Does anyone know what's going on?

#179 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

Safestrap version 3.11 (I think) is what you need to use bud. Bootstrap is outdated.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

#180 snipa

snipa

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

This is an unofficial bootstrap recovery for the Droid Razr. It is based off of Koush/CVPCS bootstrap for the Droid Bionic and modified for the Razr.

Download v2.0:

Steps to use bootstrap:

When the phone reboots it will boot up into Clockworkmod Recovery. (THIS IS A FAKE LINK) FAKE DOWNLOAD LINK!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users