reddevilz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

Hi All,

Here is what has happened to my phone (XT926, Moto Razr Maxx HD):

- It was suddenly showing nothing and I tried VOL DOWN+POWER to reset it.

- After that it stops in Red Moto Logo (I think is the booting stage) and nothing can be done

- I searched the net, and found the HARD RESET, I wiped the data and rebooted, after the reboot nothing happens, screen is black (waited even for 1 day!)

- Read some stuff about flashing and... put the phone in AP FLASH Mode, downloaded RSD Light and a firmware which is

VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml

- Phone is deteced by RSD Light but when I choose the firmware and click START, at the first step it will fail saying that:

"Failed flashing process. 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL."

Any idea what can I do to solve this issue? I don't even know if this flashing is the right way or not +

My Android was Jelly Bean I think, but 4.4.2 is KitKat. Can that be the issue in flashing? If yes and if the flashing is the solution, where can I find the firmware for X926?

#2 ciscokid916

ciscokid916

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:36 AM

check xda-developers first. If not google it. Do a little leg work lol ;)

#3 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:41 AM

Hi All,

Here is what has happened to my phone (XT926, Moto Razr Maxx HD):

- It was suddenly showing nothing and I tried VOL DOWN+POWER to reset it.

- After that it stops in Red Moto Logo (I think is the booting stage) and nothing can be done

- I searched the net, and found the HARD RESET, I wiped the data and rebooted, after the reboot nothing happens, screen is black (waited even for 1 day!)

- Read some stuff about flashing and... put the phone in AP FLASH Mode, downloaded RSD Light and a firmware which is

VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml

- Phone is deteced by RSD Light but when I choose the firmware and click START, at the first step it will fail saying that:

"Failed flashing process. 1/17 flash partition "gpt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL."

Any idea what can I do to solve this issue? I don't even know if this flashing is the right way or not +

My Android was Jelly Bean I think, but 4.4.2 is KitKat. Can that be the issue in flashing? If yes and if the flashing is the solution, where can I find the firmware for X926?

Setup House of Moto 4.1 Read the instructions and make sure you have the right cable and using a usb 2.0 port.

#4 mahtab

mahtab

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:41 PM

Same Problem. Do you find any solution? Waiting for your response.

#5 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:18 PM

He hasn't been back. So I am in sure he got it or not. But the suggestion is still the same. HOM will help you. It has its own thread under Motorola devices. I would post a link but I am on a Verizon crappy tablet and it doesn't seem to work.

Sent from my Verizon Crappa Tablet

• mahtab likes this

#6 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:48 AM

He hasn't been back. So I am in sure he got it or not. But the suggestion is still the same. HOM will help you. It has its own thread under Motorola devices. I would post a link but I am on a Verizon crappy tablet and it doesn't seem to work.

Sent from my Verizon Crappa Tablet

Helping a brother out:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[4.1] .
  • spainter likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#7 mahtab

mahtab

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:42 AM

I have no idea what firmware was on my XT926, all I can remember is that it was latest 4.4.2 version available from verizon. tried to flash this firmware using HOM

VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml

It was stated on the forum that this version can be flashed on any version of firmware can't supply this link at this time.

The result of flashme.bat are added as screen shot with the post.

Attached Files

#8 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:59 AM

If you were on the latest firmware that would be the VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml The .10.1 firmware you was trying to flash would give you a security failure. You can get the latest file here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also there are updated files to drop into HOM make sure you download and unzip the snapdragon support files into the tools directory of HOM

#9 mahtab

mahtab

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:49 AM

Unzipped HouseofMoto in C:\
Unzipped SNAPDRAGON_FXZ_SUPPORT and paste it in tools folder.
run .jar file and selected VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml.zip from 
images directory.
Run flashme.bat file and got output as following images.

Attached Files

#10 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

I think I've seen somewhere that a remote failure means you're not using the OEM cable or are trying to use a 3.0 USB.
  • spainter likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users