Photo

Bluetooth A2Dp Audio Issues After Factory Reset (Non Rooted)

Bluetooth A2DP Audio Issues Non Rooted

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hello everyone! OK I'm hoping someone else can help me or at least has noticed the same issue. I've done some searching online about this and have seen others claim it as well.

OK, I currently have the Razr Maxx and it is not rooted (what? seriously? just wait) or modded in any way at the moment (rooted it earlier today and tested razrx rom but reverted back to stock shortly after). Yesterday I was fed up with a few apps that were being a pain and decided to perform a factory reset. After the reset however, any bluetooth headphones that I connected to the razr sounded like I was listening to media in a tin can! I tested with my LG HBS700 and Moto SD10's and the same thing was happening. I then did a full factory reset again and formated the internal and external SD's and no luck. I tested the headphones with my wife's samsung and they worked fine. Then I remembered that the same thing happened after a factory reset on the original razr that i got in december. so apparently it's a razr issue. I contacted moto and they were no help. the guy told me to exchange. really? that's the advice? anytime i need to reset my phone i better just go to verizon and exchange?

So today before i tried rooting and the razrx rom, i actually did try to exchange it but all 4 stores in my area are out of stock so i figured i'd play around and see what i could do. No luck though.

Any thoughts?

I forgot to mention that on the bluetooth options for the devices i disabled Phone audio because it really sounds like i'm trying to listen to devin townsend through a phone. painful. .the lg hbs700 have a built in eq mode which fixes it but i have to hold 2 buttons 3 or 4 times everytime i want to listen to music. if i pause or stop playback and start it again it reverts right back. so not fun.

Thanks in advance!
-Fitz

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:07 AM

I've done lots of resets using both 748 and 174 and my Jawbone Icon has never had a problem. I make it a habit to wipe the pairing profile on the earpiece whenever I reset the phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#3 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

Yeah it's very strange because on both the original Razr and the Maxx, it only started having the issue AFTER and standard factory reset.

UPDATE: After talking with Matt through chatt (couldn't help myself there) I downgraded to 744 hoping that would reset whatever bluetooth profile that's causing the issue and no joy. Still the same thing. It's just crazy. I've read the same issues with other users through searching and Motorolas support says "well a factory reset is supposed to take the phone back to when you brought it home" and their recommendation is exchange.

I'm going to update back up from 744 for now and hope that the next update fixes it. I will most likely exchange and NOT do a factory reset eventhough I pretty much reimage my phones and computers every 4 months to get rid of any software that I forgot was installed and to just generally do a nice cleaning. After reading about the leaked update I think I'll hold off on that until the official one comes out.

Let me know if anyone else has any ideas or thoughts.

#4 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

Yeah it's very strange because on both the original Razr and the Maxx, it only started having the issue AFTER and standard factory reset.

UPDATE: After talking with Matt through chatt (couldn't help myself there) I downgraded to 744 hoping that would reset whatever bluetooth profile that's causing the issue and no joy. Still the same thing. It's just crazy. I've read the same issues with other users through searching and Motorolas support says "well a factory reset is supposed to take the phone back to when you brought it home" and their recommendation is exchange.

I'm going to update back up from 744 for now and hope that the next update fixes it. I will most likely exchange and NOT do a factory reset eventhough I pretty much reimage my phones and computers every 4 months to get rid of any software that I forgot was installed and to just generally do a nice cleaning. After reading about the leaked update I think I'll hold off on that until the official one comes out.

Let me know if anyone else has any ideas or thoughts.

Have you tried pairing the earpieces with another device, then syncing them back to the RAZR? Could be something with them not re-syncing to the same device repeatedly. I have no confidence that this would fix it as most earpieces have no internal storage to even hold profile settings that mean anything, but it is something safe and simple to try.

#5 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hey Snives, thanks for the idea. I have done that an no luck.

I do have an update and really this is going to be the last of this issue because I've come to a point where it's apparently that it won't work unless the upcoming official updates address the issue. Apparently it's a conflict between the BT profile on the headphones and the BT profile on the Razr. Headphones are way behind. V2.0 I believe vs. Razrs' 4.0. I picked up some Motorola SF600's today and they work just fine. Not bad either yet a little expensive at $130. It's cool though, the wife uses my S10's and I'll use the LG hbs700 with my other BT devices. Really like the LG's so I'm hoping the updates with fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users