Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

This was mentioned in a topic already (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

), but the discussion didn't carry far. I haven't found any rumored specs yet (aside from the topic I just linked) and I would imagine that we will soon see some rumors about it's hardware. I was hoping for those who have any reputable information, to post them here and I will keep the OP up to date.

In the post made that I have linked above, papi92 says that so far it's exclusive to all major US carriers aside from Verizon. Though, I thought Verizon (and AT&T) had a contract with Motorola, so why would we not see this on Verizon? Also, has Google explicitly stated that 4G LTE will not be a feature until it's widely supported in the US on all major carriers - as where they can remove any 3G support from the phone entirely?

So far, this is all the information:

- Confirmed name to be "X Phone"
- Will be announced around Spring (at Goolge I/O in May)
- Will be released sometime during June / July
- It will be manufactured under Motorola's name
- Flexible display (rumors say too many complications and that it will not feature, but still a possibility)
- Hands free gesture controls
- Excellent battery life (looking at 3000 mAh or larger)
- 4.8-inch display (bezel thin)
- 1.50 Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro
- 2GB RAM
- 32 / 64 / 128 GB Variations
- 13MP - Sony Exmor Camera Sensor
- Latest version of Android OS (Key Lime Pie)
- Kevlar Coating (similar to Razr)

I know, the list is huge.

Also, check the following link. Some more details about it:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It seems that Google is starting to get a feeling that Samsung is going to develop their own platform to move away from Android granted they have control of a HUGE market. I think Matt mentioned something about Ubuntu running on a Samsung model (not sure which).

#2 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

It won't be on VZW because:

VZW will try to control updates

VZW will try to control bloatware

VZW will try to control the bootloader

VZW doesn't like any phone that's unlocked on their network, period.
  • mdowns989 likes this

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#3 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

It won't be on VZW because:

VZW will try to control updates

VZW will try to control bloatware

VZW will try to control the bootloader

VZW doesn't like any phone that's unlocked on their network, period.

Sorry, something must be wrong with my reading glasses. All I ready was

Hitler

Hitler

Hitler

Adolf Hitler
  • djhbomber1, mdowns989, mrmuggyd and 5 others like this

#4 dstreng

dstreng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm stuck in a weird place. I'm going off to college come August. I have an upgrade on vzw in may right around graduation. I have loved android since day 1 of the original DROID (my first smartphone). I have a bionic now. I use group messaging with 5 other imessage
people everyday. the X phone is kind of my last chance for android. I use an ipod touch for music in my car and handcent group message for texting. Imo android needs something stock to compete with imessage and a better usb music interface. I will be staying with vzw (family account) and I might make the jump to an iphone 6 when it comes out unless Google throws out something better. I love android with a passion but nothing on vzw in the near future will have an unlocked bootloader. tough decision ahead:(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#5 dpratt23

dpratt23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'm stuck in a weird place. I'm going off to college come August. I have an upgrade on vzw in may right around graduation. I have loved android since day 1 of the original DROID (my first smartphone). I have a bionic now. I use group messaging with 5 other imessage
people everyday. the X phone is kind of my last chance for android. I use an ipod touch for music in my car and handcent group message for texting. Imo android needs something stock to compete with imessage and a better usb music interface. I will be staying with vzw (family account) and I might make the jump to an iphone 6 when it comes out unless Google throws out something better. I love android with a passion but nothing on vzw in the near future will have an unlocked bootloader. tough decision ahead:(

And the ishi!t 6 is better how? I'm sorry man but even with locked BL android is still waaaaay on top. That's like saying I have an ingrown toenail so I'll just cut my foot off....

Don't join the flock of isheep

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• DarkOverDroid likes this

#6 dstreng

dstreng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

I need an imessage alternative and my cars head unit only reads i devices currently for the function I use. plus new Motorola devices are harder to find root. give me a device that has imessage (or something that works with it), usb interface music, and runs on verizon. it's not like it won't just have an unlocked bootloader. root may not be possible. and I would love to stay with android btw. I've had android since day 1 of the original DROID. rooted romed the whole 9 yards as soon as I could. I just have to make a decision soon

#7 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

I would wait before jumping onto an iPhone. I know how you feel and I feel the same way... The reason I say wait is because now Google has the opportunity to do what Apple has been doing for years, creating a flagship phone with a top named manufacture they actually own. I have a lot of faith in this upcoming device.
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#8 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

Well actually as of now it will be on Verizon. It will have a dev version that will be sold on Motorola's website and a consumer version sold on Verizon. The Moto one will have an unlocked BL while the Verizon one won't. They both will get updates from Google/Motorola. This is fair IMHO as both sides will get what they want.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

• Thach and jto101680 like this

#9 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

Well actually as of now it will be on Verizon. It will have a dev version that will be sold on Motorola's website and a consumer version sold on Verizon. The Moto one will have an unlocked BL while the Verizon one won't. They both will get updates from Google/Motorola. This is fair IMHO as both sides will get what they want.

Destroys the purpose of getting a Nexus device for me. I'm not buying from VZW lol

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#10 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

You can buy it from Motorola and it then is a nexus device

#11 dstreng

dstreng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

You can buy it from Motorola and it then is a nexus device

for like $600

#12 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

So? Its off contract. People for 2 years said they would buy a dev version at full price and when it came people cried at the price. Why would Verizon sell a dev edition on contract when 1% of users root and a locked version will allow them to effectively troubleshoot if need be.

#13 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'm sure there will be some sort of an agreement, especially if this phone is going to be as great as it sounds. Verizon Wireless might have set up concentration camps, but I surely on special occasions they might allow us to feast. Hopefully this will be one of them.

All the reports I have read mentioned something about Verizon Wireless - and only Verizon Wireless. This might have something to do with the fact Motorola has introduced most of their new products to big red. As far as the price goes, that's like trying to pull a needle out of a hay stack. Considering Google has never tried to pinch a penny, I would assume (like their Nexus devices) that this will be relatively inexpensive.

#14 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

I actually have an "early" spec sheet that got leaked to me but all the new info does go against it lol

#15 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

I actually have an "early" spec sheet that got leaked to me but all the new info does go against it lol

Leak it here!
  • BytecodeMe likes this

#16 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

No no no lol it has the guys name in it who gave it to me so not a good idea

#17 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Lol, your a developer. Surely enough the use of MS Paint is novice to you by now :-P

#18 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Lol it says his name in the pages not just at the top

#19 SPJESTER

SPJESTER

Like A Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Twitter:mhowell34
  • Google+:mhowell34
  • LocationStarkvegas, Mississippi
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Active

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Sharing is caring, Edit it now

>> I'VE BEEN AROUND A WHILE. LETS GET TO IT <<
Current Device: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active 

Retired Devices: Moto Droid, VZW HTC Thunderbolt, VZW Moto Droid Bionic

#20 dstreng

dstreng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

it's not that hard to put a white box over or blur out his name. come on man, you gotta post!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Google, Motorola, X Phone, Rumors, Rumors Roundup, Phones 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users