Photo

Is my LTE radio broken?

Best Answer spainter , 17 May 2015 - 01:00 PM

I am not sure if roming will help or not. I will ask some of the people here that are more up on the roms for the xt 912.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Gigatron

Gigatron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:38 AM

When I set my phone to CDMA(Auto) PRL I have data (3G). when I set it to LTE/CDMA I have nothing at all. I am running Jellybean 4.1.2 and my baseband version is CDMA_N_05.21.00R LTEDC_U_09.1D.00 system ver. 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en,US build # 9.8.20-72_VZW-16 webtop ver. wt-3.0.0

#2 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

When I set my phone to CDMA(Auto) PRL I have data (3G). when I set it to LTE/CDMA I have nothing at all. I am running Jellybean 4.1.2 and my baseband version is CDMA_N_05.21.00R LTEDC_U_09.1D.00 system ver. 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en,US build # 9.8.20-72_VZW-16 webtop ver. wt-3.0.0

Try setting to global and see what it picks up.  Where are you located?

#3 Gigatron

Gigatron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

I hasve tried that it does not work. I am in Dalton City, IL, but I can confirm it isn't because I don't jave 4G-LTE out here becasue some people that lived in the same building used to have 4G-LTE. The radio in my phone should switch to CDMA if there is no LTE and it doesn't do it. I have read about people having this problem who are also running JB but idk if it's that or my hardware.

#4 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:22 AM

I hasve tried that it does not work. I am in Dalton City, IL, but I can confirm it isn't because I don't jave 4G-LTE out here becasue some people that lived in the same building used to have 4G-LTE. The radio in my phone should switch to CDMA if there is no LTE and it doesn't do it. I have read about people having this problem who are also running JB but idk if it's that or my hardware.

It could be hardware or software. You can try a nuke and repave.

Start here and follow the instructions exactly.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Here is where you can get the fxz file.

If I were you i would read the thread clear through and look at the thread about unlocking before you make your choice.

#5 Gigatron

Gigatron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:04 AM

I should add that I am rooted, flashed and on pageplusand I did just get one of their 4G-LTE cards activated and I still have service bc I changed my NV_Only setting to RUIM_Only.

#6 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

The only thing I have ever had to do with pageplus is helping people flash back to stock.  Does their support give you anything?

#7 Gigatron

Gigatron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:07 AM

Haha lol....their "support" is worthless. Anyhow, like I said I am up and running on their 3G using one of their 4G-LTE Sims because I got my phone to read that sim by changing the NV_Ruim setting to RUIM_Only using DFS. The problem is, If I set my radio to any of the LTE, LTE/CDMA, LTE/CDMA/EVDO settings my radio either will not work at all with LTE only, or I will have a signal BUT I will not have any data at all if set to any of the *mixed* settings. I also have a problem where I cannot modify nor add new APN's, and none of the ones that I have in the phone to choose from are setup for MMS. (which isn't TOO big of a deal but it is nice once in a while). I would aslo like to take a second and say thankyou for all of the support you are giving me, this site ROCKS!! Also, that house of moto, if I use that what EXACTLY will it do to my phone? will I still be on JB 4.1.2 when it's done and will I still be rooted and unlocked? And also, can I flash new OS's to my phone and still be flashed as to where I have service on pageplus,(and be rooted and unlocked too?) I'm sorry for such the huge dump of questions at once but I figured I may as well get them all out there and then let the answers trickle in. haha lol. Thankyou again for everything.

#8 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

House of Moto is a utility to flash firmware to your phone.  It will let you flash and keep your data however you would loose root. If you have an unlocked bootloader that would be no problem to regain root. You would also have to re setup page plus.

#9 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:42 AM

This is a link to their phone support faq page. You probably already have it but it may be worth a look.  There is also a page for specific phones

#10 Gigatron

Gigatron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:50 AM

Really stupid question, but would I lose my phone number with PP if I flashed the original firmware to my phone and then had to redo PP? And would I still be on my current os? And how do I add a pic to the forum? I would like to post a screen shot of my phones info in case that would be of any help. And also, I guess the main question im trying to get to that I couldn't think of (yes I had a brainfart) is will I be flashed back to completely stock where if I wanted to all I have to do is buy a SIM card from Verizon Wireless and use their pre-paid OR buy another SIM card from PP if I have to and they do their part on their end and that's it, bam, I'm running 4G-LTE given that I have a software issue and not hardware? I'm sorry about these questions and sounding dumb....some of it though Im just not 100% clear about yet....which is why im asking :p

#11 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

Really stupid question, but would I lose my phone number with PP if I flashed the original firmware to my phone and then had to redo PP? And would I still be on my current os? And how do I add a pic to the forum? I would like to post a screen shot of my phones info in case that would be of any help. And also, I guess the main question im trying to get to that I couldn't think of (yes I had a brainfart) is will I be flashed back to completely stock where if I wanted to all I have to do is buy a SIM card from Verizon Wireless and use their pre-paid OR buy another SIM card from PP if I have to and they do their part on their end and that's it, bam, I'm running 4G-LTE given that I have a software issue and not hardware? I'm sorry about these questions and sounding dumb....some of it though Im just not 100% clear about yet....which is why im asking :p

No dumb questions at all. Have you traveled around a bit with pageplus to make sure you are not in a dead area for thier 4g lte network?

If you decide to change providers it would be a good idea to flash back to stock, you don't know what kind of problems would come up with the modifications that pageplus installs could give you. I could be wrong but I think the sim cards usually come with the package when you set up a prepaid account.  They always have a way to get a bit out of you like charging for the setup of the account.  Depends on the provider.

#12 Gigatron

Gigatron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

No I'm not in a deadspot. My neighbors in the same building had Verizon 4G-LTE. Like I said though I have no signal at all when I put it on LTE only and I only have 3G if I put it on mixed. I even tried it in Decatur and same thing. Now by flashing back to stock will that reset me back to Gingerbread? And what is the latest OS they have for the XT912? Do they finally have JB or KK for it?

#13 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

No I'm not in a deadspot. My neighbors in the same building had Verizon 4G-LTE. Like I said though I have no signal at all when I put it on LTE only and I only have 3G if I put it on mixed. I even tried it in Decatur and same thing. Now by flashing back to stock will that reset me back to Gingerbread? And what is the latest OS they have for the XT912? Do they finally have JB or KK for it?

It is Jelly Bean. The file is available here

If you do flash back to stock make sure you read and follow the instructions for House of Moto exactly.  Sinse the 912 isn't unlockable you must flash the same firmware or newer.  I will keep an eye on this post if you have any questions.

#14 Gigatron

Gigatron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

Well crap now I have a new problem, my MMS. I cannot edit or add any APN's to get my MMS to work. :angry

#15 Gigatron

Gigatron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

well I'll be danged now out of the blue I can add new APN's.....let me see what I can come up with I apologize. :p

• spainter likes this

#16 Gigatron

Gigatron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:46 AM

Well I can *kind* of add new apns, IF  I dont try changing the mcc and mnc setting. This doesnt make sense. :bangdesk

#17 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:46 AM

well I'll be danged now out of the blue I can add new APN's.....let me see what I can come up with I apologize. :p

Seems to be a hickup in Jelly Bean. I found this in a post from here:

Mooch

I had the same problems on my RAZR right after the Jelly Bean updated on my phone. It ran hot, 9 hours max battery life and could not connect to my home wifi. I did a chat session yesterday with Motorola, after 30 minutes of chatting back and forth the Tech had me do the following. (see below) Let me say if you aren't sure of what you are doing, don't attempt this. If something happens to your phone it's on you. I did this and it fixed all the issues that concerned me and so far has appears to have improved my battery life and has sped up my searching capability. It's called a "Clear Partition" Good luck
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn the phone off and perform Clear Partition. Clearing the partition will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1) - Power the phone down.
2) - Hold the volume up and down and power key down all at the same time until
you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu. This should happen within a couple of seconds.
3) - Press the volume down key until "Recovery" is highlighted. Press the volume key up to select.
4) - Wait until you see a triangle with an exclamation point in it.
5) - Press and hold the volume down key. While doing that, press and hold the volume up
key then release them. This should put you into the Android system recovery.
6) - Press the volume down key until wipe cache partition is highlighted.
7) - Press the power button to select. You will be brought back to the Android system recovery
utility when it is complete.
8) - Press the power button to select "reboot system now". Wait for the phone to boot.

#18 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

Well I can *kind* of add new apns, IF  I dont try changing the mcc and mnc setting. This doesnt make sense. :bangdesk

Good.  If you have it go out again look at the above post and see if this helps you.

#19 Gigatron

Gigatron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:04 AM

Nothing. Even when I select the APN's in my phone to choose from I still don't have MMS. I also can't change the MNC and MCC settings. By what I can tell I need to change them from 311 and 480 to 310 and 012 for verizon 4G-LTE. If I flashed Kit Kat or Lolipop to my phone like I did JB do you think it would help me?

#20 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:00 PM   Best Answer

I am not sure if roming will help or not. I will ask some of the people here that are more up on the roms for the xt 912.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users