• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Please forgive my ignorance, but I did notice the force close bug in 173. I've never pressed the search button in my app drawer previously. After flashing 174, there is no longer a force close. Which is cool, but when I push the search button in the app drawer, nothing happens. My question is, what did it do before?

Motorola "fixed" it by removing the search feature in App Drawer lmao

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#42 mrhug3

mrhug3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Nice. On another note, been a member for a bit but I haven't been on here in a while. That being said, if you have a RAZR, this is the ONLY site that you should be concerned with. And, that RAZR utility that the Batman put together, works flawlessly. That is all.

#43 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

I can confirm 174 will NOT become an official upgrade.

^^

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#44 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Google+:gene.volchenko

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

^^

Hi guys, is the improvements worth loading this update? Is the radio really improved?

#45 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:37 AM

^^

Based on what?

#46 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Google+:gene.volchenko

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:46 AM

Based on what?

I have read on one of the posts that radio sensetivity improved with .174, I just wanted to confirm it.

#47 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

Hi guys, is the improvements worth loading this update? Is the radio really improved?

Based on what?

I have read on one of the posts that radio sensetivity improved with .174, I just wanted to confirm it.

We have a newer build already. The radio's however don't change. It's more to fix the FC issue in smart actions.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#48 jerkwad

jerkwad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

^so does the .173 official update already have this feature disabled? it's been shown to have the same md5 hash as the leaked version and users reported that the leaked version had the crash in the app drawer. confused to say the least lol

We have a newer build already. The radio's however don't change. It's more to fix the FC issue in smart actions.

which "newer build" are you referring to? are you saying you have a newer build than the official (and leaked) .173?! I've heard rumor of a .175 version floating about, as well.

#49 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

^so does the .173 official update already have this feature disabled? it's been shown to have the same md5 hash as the leaked version and users reported that the leaked version had the crash in the app drawer. confused to say the least lol

which "newer build" are you referring to? are you saying you have a newer build than the official (and leaked) .173?! I've heard rumor of a .175 version floating about, as well.

6.12.175 is not "floating about", its being kept for internal testing and unless we feel there is going to be a benefit for updating to it, I don't think we are publicly releasing it. 6.12.174 links have been removed too.

Once I upgraded to official 6.12.173...I downgraded after official 6.12.173, and upgraded with my leak. No FC in App Drawer. I am confused on this, but I know 100% they are the same file. I ran multiple MD5 and SHA1 check tests on all 3 files (leak,soak,official) and they are all the time.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#50 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

1) No, the issue is not repaired in 173, .174 will likely become official fairly quickly.

2)The 'newer' build refers to .174.

3)If there was a .175 worth seeing, it would be here already. Matt is crazy about staying on top of Cheesecake and getting info out.

#51 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

6.12.175 is not "floating about", its being kept for internal testing and unless we feel there is going to be a benefit for updating to it, I don't think we are publicly releasing it. 6.12.174 links have been removed too.

Once I upgraded to official 6.12.173...I downgraded after official 6.12.173, and upgraded with my leak. No FC in App Drawer. I am confused on this, but I know 100% they are the same file. I ran multiple MD5 and SHA1 check tests on all 3 files (leak,soak,official) and they are all the time.

was there something wrong with .174/.175 or just not noticeable improvements?

#52 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

was there something wrong with .174/.175 or just not noticeable improvements?

Something may be wrong with 6.12.174, Motorola stopped using that update entirely. Until we make sure 6.12.175 is "safe" and even worth posting b/c of no noticeable improvements we believe it should remain in internal testing. If you are really gung-ho on trying the very latest update (1MB difference from 174) maybe you could help us test it. The thing with 6.12.174 is it may have issues, no noticable improvement, AND it will put you off the upgrade path unless you RSD Lite/Fastboot back to stock.

We are taking the warnings from the Bionic community seriously when it comes to leaked updates.

#53 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

Most likely they don't want people installing it that have no business doing so then posting multiple threads right on top of each other asking the same question.

My best guess would be the only (major) difference in 175 is the fixed (as in actually fixed) app drawer search.

:-D :-D

#54 jerkwad

jerkwad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

great information guys - thanks for clarifying the situation a bit! i'll probably get back on .173 (currently on .174) then and not lose any sleep over it (i freeze the stock home app anyway and user adw.ex - so the force close shouldn't matter even if it does exist in the .173, which now sounds less likely according to matt)

*two thumbs up* to you guys and thanks for your hard work!

#55 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

Once I upgraded to official 6.12.173...I downgraded after official 6.12.173, and upgraded with my leak. No FC in App Drawer. I am confused on this,

Don't you have to update the google search app from the market first? I'm pretty sure some people saw the fc before ever installing the update leaked or otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users