1 reply to this topic

#1 G0e8r6d4e2s01

G0e8r6d4e2s01

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

Hi I'm Mark I go by Too Cool. Been a DOS and Windows tech for 30 years. My son gave nook color tablet that with some direction from him and $50.00 turned it to an android tablet running kitkat 4.4.2. It was a good tablet until Google did an update and now I get a Google play services has stopped about every 6 to 12 seconds! Typing this is a pain. Been a Tracfone pay as you go customer for 10 years with a first gen Motorola razor still have it and it still works. I just signed up for Tracfone' BYOP android program. Bought a used Motorola droid RAZR with jellybean on it . Installed a 64 GB micro SD card that jellybean can't use. So I'm trying to root the phone and up date to the above mention OS. Having trouble rooting the phone can anyone tell me were to find the file named /data/logger? That's the file I get the error when I try to root the phone. Any help would be appreciated!

#2 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:28 AM

Hi I'm Mark I go by Too Cool. Been a DOS and Windows tech for 30 years. My son gave nook color tablet that with some direction from him and $50.00 turned it to an android tablet running kitkat 4.4.2. It was a good tablet until Google did an update and now I get a Google play services has stopped about every 6 to 12 seconds! Typing this is a pain. Been a Tracfone pay as you go customer for 10 years with a first gen Motorola razor still have it and it still works. I just signed up for Tracfone' BYOP android program. Bought a used Motorola droid RAZR with jellybean on it . Installed a 64 GB micro SD card that jellybean can't use. So I'm trying to root the phone and up date to the above mention OS. Having trouble rooting the phone can anyone tell me were to find the file named /data/logger? That's the file I get the error when I try to root the phone. Any help would be appreciated!

I will need to know the model number (xt-907 etc.) and the version of android the phone is running Jelly bean started with 4.1x and went up through 4.3x. You can find this in the settings about phone, and status menus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users