10 replies to this topic

#1 biddyman

biddyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:36 AM

Good day, I have an xt926 running stock kk with unlocked bootloader and system version of 182.46.15. Every time I try flashing any custom rom, the recovery always says "can not open [zip path](BAD)". Please help me. Thank you. When I tried with the latest TWRP (2.8) it was restarting the recovery

#2 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:06 AM

Good day, I have an xt926 running stock kk with unlocked bootloader and system version of 182.46.15. Every time I try flashing any custom rom, the recovery always says "can not open [zip path](BAD)". Please help me. Thank you. When I tried with the latest TWRP (2.8) it was restarting the recovery

First what do you mean restarting the recovery?  If you flash twrp via fastboot and reboot after twrp loads you must unhook the cable and boot into twrp without letting it start android the first time.  If you do not do this the factory recovery will over write the stock recovery and appear the flash didn't work.

Also please do not cross post same question in multiple threads.

• rickw and jl90 like this

#3 biddyman

biddyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

First what do you mean restarting the recovery? If you flash twrp via fastboot and reboot after twrp loads you must unhook the cable and boot into twrp without letting it start android the first time. If you do not do this the factory recovery will over write the stock recovery and appear the flash didn't work.

Also please do not cross post same question in multiple threads.

OK thanx. What I mean is that whenever I click install for the ROMs, the recovery will immediately close and re open itself. Now I have been able to downgrade my system version from .15 to .10 and when I tried flashing those ROMs again, only the unified cm11 SNAPSHOT build worked. Others got stuck at the boot animation screen. Please what next? I have done factory reset many times without difference

#4 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:20 PM

OK thanx. What I mean is that whenever I click install for the ROMs, the recovery will immediately close and re open itself. Now I have been able to downgrade my system version from .15 to .10 and when I tried flashing those ROMs again, only the unified cm11 SNAPSHOT build worked. Others got stuck at the boot animation screen. Please what next? I have done factory reset many times without difference

each rom will have its instructions from the developer. Now that you chave cm 11 on there try one of the roms with active support there are some great devs here on this forum that do good work.

• rickw likes this

#5 biddyman

biddyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:26 PM

OK..I ve tried the ones I ve but still stuck on boot. Any recommendations pls?

#6 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:29 PM

OK..I ve tried the ones I ve but still stuck on boot. Any recommendations pls?

When loading a new rom some take as long as 15 to 20 minutes to boot the first time.  I wouldn't panic unless it exceeds that time.

#7 biddyman

biddyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:13 AM

They actually stayed beyond 30mins

#8 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:46 AM

I would suggest you FXZ to the latest stock build, and reinstall twrp. Something is wonky if your recovery reboots itself when you try to flash ROMs.

#9 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:23 AM

Only time mine rebooted during flash was a bad download. Verify your hashes to make sure its a good download.

Sent from my Moto X 2015 Pure Edition using Tapatalk

• jl90 likes this
Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#10 biddyman

biddyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:46 PM

Thanx all.. It has eventually worked. But I observe my phones is always hot even when used and the battery drains quickly too. What could be the problem pls?

#11 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:51 PM

Thanx all.. It has eventually worked. But I observe my phones is always hot even when used and the battery drains quickly too. What could be the problem pls?

answered in your other post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users