#41 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:48 AM

You're welcome! So the N6. I absolute love this phone. The screen, the speed. It's great. I don't even mind the fact that it's a "whale" of a phone.

Camera in the daylight takes pretty good pics. I have not tried low light/night photos. Unlocking and rooting (which I did within 5 mins of getting it) was easy. Took less than 5 minutes when all was said and done. I'm running Chroma right now, but I'll be changing to DU if there is a build for it (haven't looked yet).

I don't think you'll be unhappy if you get this phone.

*edit*
I used swappa to get mine. White, 64gb, $435. Significantly less than retail and the phone is brand new (2 weeks old).

There are most certainly builds from us for the N6. I think like 6-7 guys on the team have one. Haha! Check out our G+ community for DL links. :)
  • Warrior732MN likes this

#42 dedik46

dedik46

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:25 AM

Still doesn't have any problem with the latest build...awesome
  • jl90 likes this

#43 vaNs

vaNs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationindonesia
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD XT926

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:09 AM

awesomeee......  jl90.  :D . please add screen setting for color adjuster ...  

#44 dhyamato

dhyamato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Twitter:dhyamato
  • Google+:+DwayneYamato
  • LocationOrange County, California
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Raspberry Pi

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:38 AM

Just wondering if I can dirty flash 9.4 over 9.1? 

#45 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:02 PM

Just wondering if I can dirty flash 9.4 over 9.1?

You can, but if you have issues, just do a clean flash and that should straighten it out. :)
  • watson387 likes this

#46 oculum

oculum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Device(s):XT926 Razr Maxx HD

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:12 PM

Ever since 5.1.1 on Exodus it was running SUPER slow, so since you've stopped working with them I might as well give the official build of DU a shot ;)

I used to use DU but an older build wasn't working so well. Here's to hoping everything runs smooth! I'll update once I've tested it out.

edit: It seems to be stuck on "Checking connection...", been like this for about 20 minutes :(

double edit: seems it was related to BaNkS gapps, downloaded slim mini gapps and it worked great

• jl90 likes this

#47 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:46 PM

Ever since 5.1.1 on Exodus it was running SUPER slow, so since you've stopped working with them I might as well give the official build of DU a shot ;)

I used to use DU but an older build wasn't working so well. Here's to hoping everything runs smooth! I'll update once I've tested it out.

edit: It seems to be stuck on "Checking connection...", been like this for about 20 minutes :(

double edit: seems it was related to BaNkS gapps, downloaded slim mini gapps and it worked great

I used to use banks gapps exclusively, but after the package size went from around 80mb to over 200, I switched to Slim Zero gapps and haven't looked back since. :D

BTW, the test build are more up to date than the official. Hopefully we will have some good stuff finished up soon and will release v9.5.
  • oculum likes this

#48 oculum

oculum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

I used to use banks gapps exclusively, but after the package size went from around 80mb to over 200, I switched to Slim Zero gapps and haven't looked back since. :D

BTW, the test build are more up to date than the official. Hopefully we will have some good stuff finished up soon and will release v9.5.

I'll probably check it out after I get back home after the holiday weekend. Loving DU 9.4 though! Super fast, and aside from a couple random reboots I haven't had any issues yet.

#49 watson387

watson387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

ROM is running great, but I keep having one annoying problem. The lockscreen is extremely laggy for me sometimes. I thought it was the theme I was using so I went back to stock, cleared recents and reboot but I'm still having the problem. It's not every time, but it is the majority of the time and I haven't figured out what makes it happen. I can't figure out what to do to purposely reproduce it.

On a side note, while I had my mind set on the LG G4 I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the Nexus. We just got my daughter the G4 and while it's a beautiful phone it's very thin and I don't think it would survive my line of work.

#50 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

Good for LG taking a leap with those phones. I'm glad it worked out for them. A:fter setting up my mom's replacement g3 today, I don't see how anyone gets used to those buttons on the back lol. I guess with the double tap to unlock you only use it when you really need it. Selfies and volume.

#51 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:04 PM

ROM is running great, but I keep having one annoying problem. The lockscreen is extremely laggy for me sometimes. I thought it was the theme I was using so I went back to stock, cleared recents and reboot but I'm still having the problem. It's not every time, but it is the majority of the time and I haven't figured out what makes it happen. I can't figure out what to do to purposely reproduce it.

On a side note, while I had my mind set on the LG G4 I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the Nexus. We just got my daughter the G4 and while it's a beautiful phone it's very thin and I don't think it would survive my line of work.

I haven't had the lockscreen lag personally, but if you had a theme installed, maybe try booting into recovery and wiping cache and dalvik cache. That should clear out any remaining "leftovers" :)

• watson387 likes this

#52 oculum

oculum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:29 AM

I've had a ton of lockscreen lag, I'll clean dalvik and cache to see if that lasts but it is super bad.

#53 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:28 PM

I've had a ton of lockscreen lag, I'll clean dalvik and cache to see if that lasts but it is super bad.

You can try turning off ambient display...but I can't replicate the issue so I'm not sure what else to tell ya.

#54 watson387

watson387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:31 PM

So I finally broke down and ordered a new phone. The Nexus 6 is only $0.01 with a 2 year Verizon contract at Costco. If you order it online you don't need a membership either. I was going to sign a new contract anyway and I couldn't pass up that phone for a penny.

My wife will be using the MAXX HD for a while until I can convince her to get a new phone. I'll be leaving DU on it and will still update it for her when available. I really appreciate what you do jl. You've kept me happy with an old device longer than I ever thought I'd be. Thanks man!
  • jl90 and motoxt926 like this

#55 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:05 PM

So I finally broke down and ordered a new phone. The Nexus 6 is only $0.01 with a 2 year Verizon contract at Costco. If you order it online you don't need a membership either. I was going to sign a new contract anyway and I couldn't pass up that phone for a penny.

My wife will be using the MAXX HD for a while until I can convince her to get a new phone. I'll be leaving DU on it and will still update it for her when available. I really appreciate what you do jl. You've kept me happy with an old device longer than I ever thought I'd be. Thanks man!

Very cool about the new Nexus bro, I really hope you like it! Also, I am very glad if I helped you get some more life out of the ol' HD. Thank you for the kind words man. :D

Aaaaand...for no real reason at all... here is a Ralph Wiggum gif...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

1.33MB   13 downloads

• Warrior732MN, watson387 and motoxt926 like this

#56 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:40 AM

You think Google drive makes sd cards a thing of the past for all Nexus phones from here on?

#57 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:11 AM

Does anyone remember having issues with audio on maxx hd with stock ROM? Wondering if the culprit was hardware or software related because it's happening to me with custom roms now also. Thinking software because a reboot fixes it. It still says it's playing music but no sound comes out and until I do a reboot I have no sound at all. No notifications, ringtones, ect.

#58 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:57 AM

Does anyone remember having issues with audio on maxx hd with stock ROM? Wondering if the culprit was hardware or software related because it's happening to me with custom roms now also. Thinking software because a reboot fixes it. It still says it's playing music but no sound comes out and until I do a reboot I have no sound at all. No notifications, ringtones, ect.

If it's happening on stock and custom firmware I would say it's time to give the phone a full fxz and start fresh. At least that way you eliminate the software/hardware question.

#59 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:08 AM

If it's happening on stock and custom firmware I would say it's time to give the phone a full fxz and start fresh. At least that way you eliminate the software/hardware question.

Full fxz? Is that just wiping internal data also? Or I need rsd and wipe all command from.... Fastboot (it's been a while I think it's called fastboot) then build original image with rsd? Will that unroot my phone? Not a big deal. I can just put the build back that's rootable but what a pain the neck.

#60 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:58 AM

You can use rsdlite or the house of moto. When you reinstall twrp it will give you the option to flash SuperSU. You are unlocked so no matter what build version you're on it's rootable. Whether it is worth it or not is up to you but that sort of persistent issue is most likely not going to be fixed (if its software) any other way. If it's hardware... :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users