230 replies to this topic

#181 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

Ok jl, they sent me another maxx hd. If it is rootable, I'm keeping it. If it isn't rootable, I'm going to tell them to send me the turbo they were supposed to. My question now is, is there another phone similar to the turbo for Verizon that is root and unlockable. The turbo is what they gave me because it was close enough to the maxx. Can you think of another close enough phone that I can run D.U on?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#182 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:07 PM

Ok jl, they sent me another maxx hd. If it is rootable, I'm keeping it. If it isn't rootable, I'm going to tell them to send me the turbo they were supposed to. My question now is, is there another phone similar to the turbo for Verizon that is root and unlockable. The turbo is what they gave me because it was close enough to the maxx. Can you think of another close enough phone that I can run D.U on?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The Droid Ultra, Maxx or Mini are supported by us. I'm not sure which version they have to be on to root etc but I know someone who does and I'll ask him. :D

#183 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:24 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If any of you guys want an unlocked HD or M this is from BDAZZG1 one of the developers on this site who I've known for years, so I can tell you that it's a straight deal at a great price!
  • bdazzg1 and nobe1976 like this

#184 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:55 PM

The Obake series you speak of requires Jcase's sunshine app to unlock the bootloader. He charges $25 for the app. IMHO is a very small price to pay to unleash the beast. These phones run very well on DU

Sent from my DIRTY DROID MAXX

• jl90 likes this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#185 madlaxkeeper1

madlaxkeeper1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):XT926 (Razr HD Maxx)

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

hey all, first time trying DU coming from another rom and haven't managed to get the flash to go past "patching system image unconditionally"; have left it there for 30-45 minutes with no change; forced close, wiped, repeated with the same result.  also flashed back to stock today with no issues. each time wiped system, data, cache, dalvik (but not internal storage...issue there?).  anything i'm missing? would a first flash of DU be expected to take this long or longer?

thanks.

#186 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 06 September 2015 - 06:22 PM

hey all, first time trying DU coming from another rom and haven't managed to get the flash to go past "patching system image unconditionally"; have left it there for 30-45 minutes with no change; forced close, wiped, repeated with the same result. also flashed back to stock today with no issues. each time wiped system, data, cache, dalvik (but not internal storage...issue there?). anything i'm missing? would a first flash of DU be expected to take this long or longer?

thanks.

Yeah, that's not normal. Make sure your recovery (twrp) is up to date and try downloading the zip again.

#187 madlaxkeeper1

madlaxkeeper1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:08 AM

Yeah, that's not normal. Make sure your recovery (twrp) is up to date and try downloading the zip again.

updated twrp to 2.8.5 beforehand based on

thread; i see twrp's site shows 2.8.7 as the latest but didn't see that for the xt926.  re-downloading the zip and will update afterwards.

i got similar errors when trying to flash back to the previous rom tho, so there may be some bigger issue, although I'm not sure why flashing back to stock would work fine.

#188 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:15 AM

updated twrp to 2.8.5 beforehand based on

thread; i see twrp's site shows 2.8.7 as the latest but didn't see that for the xt926. re-downloading the zip and will update afterwards.

i got similar errors when trying to flash back to the previous rom tho, so there may be some bigger issue, although I'm not sure why flashing back to stock would work fine.

It might be time to back up any important stuff on your phone (to PC) and start from a fresh fxz/twrp install. Sometimes things just get messed up and a "nuke and repave" is just what the doctor ordered.

#189 madlaxkeeper1

madlaxkeeper1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:18 AM

It might be time to back up any important stuff on your phone (to PC) and start from a fresh fxz/twrp install. Sometimes things just get messed up and a "nuke and repave" is just what the doctor ordered.

must have been a bad zip, i'm in! gapps failed to flash though, so i suspect bad zips might be the underlying issue all around, with shoddy internet connection as a root cause.

thanks for the feedback and hopefully i'll be set up soon to give DU a run.

• jl90 likes this

#190 dts2

dts2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr MAXX HD

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:56 AM

has development of DU on the XT926 stopped jl? I noticed there hasn't been a new weekly since late last month. I have a feeling this phone is towards the end of its usefulness anyway, but it was nice keeping it up to date.

#191 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:46 PM

has development of DU on the XT926 stopped jl? I noticed there hasn't been a new weekly since late last month. I have a feeling this phone is towards the end of its usefulness anyway, but it was nice keeping it up to date.

No it's not stopped by any means...I'm in the middle of moving my family and haven't had time to do android stuff unfortunately...I'm going to try to get a test build up for you guys before I pack up the ol' computer. :D
  • Ziltoid likes this

#192 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:19 PM

Ok folks...the xt926 is updated to version 9.7...gapps are updated too...I did not have time to do the 907 or 925 but I will get to them when I can get my computer set back up (jl is moving)....ENJOY.  :)

• bdazzg1, Joseberga, watson387 and 2 others like this

#193 dts2

dts2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr MAXX HD

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:08 PM

safe travels from Phoenix to your future home

• jl90 and watson387 like this

#194 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:31 PM

safe travels from Phoenix to your future home

Thank you. :D

#195 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:21 AM

I downloaded this from the link and gave me an error when flashing. So I downloaded it for your website. Not sure what gaps to flash. Downloaded them all. Will start with bank gaps. I think the du tbo are themed? Not sure on the slim. The stock kk is really not good. Rsd lite and my 4g and WiFi are slow or no connecting. Hope this is much better. Here we go. Also I have the 2.8.7.0 twrp installed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#196 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:21 AM

Good luck on the move sir.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#197 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:14 AM

I flash 2.8.5.0 twrp. Cannot wipe phone as it still reboots and wipes nothing. I have gotten this error when flashing.

E. Error I am getting when flashing is E: Error executing updater binary in zip ' /externak_sd/Downloads/DU_xt926_5.1.1_20150924-0126. v9.7-OFFICIAL.zip. 

I am going to RSD back to JB and make sure I got a good update to KK then try again.

#198 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:43 PM

Ok folks...the xt926 is updated to version 9.7...gapps are updated too...I did not have time to do the 907 or 925 but I will get to them when I can get my computer set back up (jl is moving)....ENJOY.  :)

Thanks JL.  I still owe you logs of the dialer crashing when in docked (horizontal) mode.  Unless this version somehow has it fixed...

• jl90 likes this

#199 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:38 AM

JL, got the logcat.  Mostly foreign to me so I hope it makes sense to you.  Executed from within Jack Palevich's Terminal Emulator for Android, obtained from the Play store.  Simple "logcat -f logcat_out.txt" command so I would have a text file saved.  Note that there may be entries in this regarding the terminal rotating the screen as I position the phone for docking, the physical docking, the entering daydream mode (due to being docked)... all before the phone call itself.  I gave it a couple minutes then placed the call.  Phone did indicate an incoming call and while still docked I slid the screen to unlock and entered my unlock pattern.  That is when the message that the dialer had failed/crashed/left town/whatever appeared on screen.  After ACK'ing that I went back into the terminal and Ctrl-C'd to complete the logcat.  I see that there are other buffer and format options for the logcat output, let me know if you need me to run this again.  I'm thinking one of the formats with a time indicator may be of use?  Can also do so with other setting changes in the phone if needed. (Disable daydream, disable screen lock, etc.)

Hope this can help you to solve this issue.  BTW, anything new in figuring out the Daydream multi-button/touch requirement to get to the main screen?

And going back to another thing I was investigating, I haven't had any problems with MMS since the last time I flashed my phone.  I haven't figured out my root cause there but I suspect it was either related to problem APN settings (did a "reset to default" from the APNs screen which replaced a list of 6+ to a single APN), a problem with my firewall (AFWall+ hasn't been reinstalled yet), or a problem with what I would restore after a flash (my restore from TiBu has been *very* limited in this current round).  So this definitely reinforces that my MMS issue wasn't a DU problem, but I'm still scratching my head regarding what it really was.  I don't like those mysteries but at the moment I'm not doing any attempts a recreating the issue.  Trying not to break it again...

#200 vakharia

vakharia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:47 PM

There is still some activity on this thread, which prompts me to post here. Other threads are almost dead (for 5.1.1 on XT926).

So, are people not facing any issues with this ROM anymore?

Or has everyone moved on to newer phones?

Reason I am asking is I need to get my dad's XT926 to a newer ROM (he is on Blisspop for more than 6 months and the phone has now become unusable.) Looking for stable ROM which can handle social media apps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users