230 replies to this topic

#201 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:28 AM

I'd say this is a very good ROM to use.  The problems I have with it are those that either won't apply to most people (docking causing me problems with the dialer) or may not even be noticed by most people (daydream mode requires extra button presses to exit).  Did have a random reboot today but it was something that happened while docked so I'm thinking it is still unlikely others would encounter it.  I've seen some lag here and there but I can't say it is the ROM's fault specifically... possibly just the hardware showing some aging.  Haven't tried Blisspop, liked NoBe's AOSP build but that has stalled.  Of course this ROM is miles beyond the last official from Moto/VZW.  Nothing is perfect, even my work iPhone (not that I want it...) with all the integration Apple has with their control of both the hardware and OS has some issues.  But from my experience with DU on this platform I'd say it is a winner.  My 2ยข.  Hopefully JL is getting settled into his new digs (I know how that goes, sort of in between spots myself right now) and will be surprising us with more goodies.

#202 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:15 PM

Actually, I do have a new question but it may just be LP related.  It is something that makes for a difficult search query (lots of unrelated hits) so I'm just going to put it out here since so far as I'm aware anyone on this ROM will be seeing it...

I'm using the default contact manager and I've got it synced with my Google account.  If I look at any of my contacts, to the bottom of the display there will be an "About contact" table.  For every contact this exists and includes simply the number 4.  Even if I create a new contact with no other information that detail gets created.  I can't find any way to edit this in the contact manager or online in Google contacts.  Anyone have any ideas about this?

Attached Files

#203 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:42 AM

Hey guys. My HD is in storage until at least the middle of November so I can't really test anything unless it happens on my Nexus 6 too. I will be resuming development on the HD, just not until then.
  • spainter likes this

#204 dts2

dts2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr MAXX HD

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:08 AM

Hey guys. My HD is in storage until at least the middle of November so I can't really test anything unless it happens on my Nexus 6 too. I will be resuming development on the HD, just not until then.

mine might go into permanent storage now that VZ is raising rates on the few unlimited plan holders left. rather be with a company that doesn't continue to change and screw existing customers

#205 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:19 PM

mine might go into permanent storage now that VZ is raising rates on the few unlimited plan holders left. rather be with a company that doesn't continue to change and screw existing customers

I can't say that I blame you on that one. Vzw is ridiculous about that crap.

#206 vakharia

vakharia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:49 AM

Installed the ROM on Saturday morning and briefly tested it out.
The phone shows it's age with the modern apps such as Facebook and WhatsApp. These take a lot of memory and seem to be a bit too much to handle for the phone with limited hardware capabilities.
Phone got stuck while rebooting once so far.
Mobile data connects to 3G but there's no data transfer happening. I need to find time to troubleshoot this, but I have to do this remotely.
Overall, this is a much improved Android compared to 5.0.2 which was installed earlier.

#207 lgoptimusv5

lgoptimusv5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926 JBBLKitStalk444065 TWRP2800V2

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:42 AM

It's been a while for me and my xt926...

Preferred TWRP and Gapps versions to use with DU and/or Exodus?

TWRP v2.8.5.0 & SlimZeroGapps seem to be the way to go?

KKBL needed correct?

SuperSU 2.46 still good?

Thanks in advance.

#208 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:13 PM

I use slim zero gapps... I'm still on twrp v2.8.5.0...KKBL is needed...Not sure about SuperSU but you should be able to update it via the play store if needed.
  • lgoptimusv5 likes this

#209 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

I use slim zero gapps... I'm still on twrp v2.8.5.0...KKBL is needed...Not sure about SuperSU but you should be able to update it via the play store if needed.

Su 2.46 is the latest full release. Beta 2.49, 2.50 - 2.52 are mainly Marshmallow work in progress. There is a 2.8.7.0 version of twrp out floating around but haven't seen anything that makes a earth shattering difference.

• jl90 and lgoptimusv5 like this

#210 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:30 AM

Jl you still loving the Nexus 6?? I'm planning on getting one next week

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#211 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:58 PM

Yes I am. It's a really great phone IMO. :)

#212 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:03 PM

Not sure who on the DU team built it, but v9.8 is out.  Find it in your Dirty phone's updater or download direct from DU:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also, according to the

this will be the last LP build.  They state they'll try and keep the branch updated with security patches for people making personal builds but that will be it from them.  JL, what can you add to this?  Think you'll keep us entertained with builds if new security patches hit?  Still going to try and figure out device specific issues?  You all unpacked yet? :)

My HD has started to get sluggish, but I'm suspecting it is more app related than anything with the OS. (on DU v9.7, haven't applied the update yet)  I know these devices are "ancient" the way tech goes, but man I don't want to try searching for another phone that meets both my carrier's requirements and my own feature desires.  My XT926 covers all that, aside from not being the fastest kid on the team.

#213 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:09 PM

Well guys...due to a lack of funds, drdevs (build box I use) is going away and so are the official builds for the 926 907 etc. Sorry to say it, but that's all she wrote. I don't have a good enough internet connection to build on my own PC. It's been a lot of fun and thanks to all who enjoyed the ROM and thanks to the staff of droidrzr for a really cool few years. So, with that said, I'm moving on to other things. jl signing off...
  • RikRong and Joseberga like this

#214 dts2

dts2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr MAXX HD

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:54 PM

Well guys...due to a lack of funds, drdevs (build box I use) is going away and so are the official builds for the 926 907 etc. Sorry to say it, but that's all she wrote. I don't have a good enough internet connection to build on my own PC. It's been a lot of fun and thanks to all who enjoyed the ROM and thanks to the staff of droidrzr for a really cool few years. So, with that said, I'm moving on to other things. jl signing off...

well thanks for all the updates & enjoy your other things. 

anyone interested in a xt926?

#215 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:36 PM

Jl thanks for everything I enjoyed the 926 builds by you for a while! Keep me posted on other projects!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#216 OldUncle

OldUncle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Droid Maxx HD, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr M

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:10 AM

Hi there!

I'm going to try this ROM tonight...

Recommended GAPPS - Banks GAPPS 

The link above does not work.

Anybody can help with that?

And one more question: Do I need to use ONLY ONE Gapps pack? or I can (or need to) install all provided GAPPS?

#217 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:59 AM

#218 OldUncle

OldUncle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:10 PM

Eh  :blink

Never mind. I found GAPPS here 

And Even DU 9.8 for XT926 here 

I flashed DU 9.8 on XT1080M and I'm happy with it.

Anybody knows if DUv9.8 for XT926 will be also good for XT907 RAZR M?

As I remember they share the same software...  :wacko

#219 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:37 AM

Eh :blink

Never mind. I found GAPPS here

And Even DU 9.8 for XT926 here

I flashed DU 9.8 on XT1080M and I'm happy with it.

Anybody knows if DUv9.8 for XT926 will be also good for XT907 RAZR M?
As I remember they share the same software... :wacko

No, it will not be good for the 907. The v9.8 build was done by bdazzg1 (because he is a good dude) and is the last official build for the 926.
  • bdazzg1 and bfx like this

#220 OldUncle

OldUncle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:56 AM

Thank you for your reply Mr.jl90.

For XT907 I'll find some other ROM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users