Photo

Me too (help with root, that is)(also unlocking if possible)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maxxhdrom

maxxhdrom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid hd maxx

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:19 PM

Hi,

I have an HD Maxx build XT926 running Android 4.1.2 on 9.18.79. The bootloader is locked. I would love to learn how to unlock and root this phone. Ihave been postponing the update to 9.18.94 for probably a year,  to be able to get a new phone if this one gets bricked. Do I still follow the instructions here from July 2013: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

or am I better off accepting the update finally, and looking for more current advice? Do I unlock first, or has that ship sailed?

Thanks...

#2 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

Hi,

I have an HD Maxx build XT926 running Android 4.1.2 on 9.18.79. The bootloader is locked. I would love to learn how to unlock and root this phone. Ihave been postponing the update to 9.18.94 for probably a year,  to be able to get a new phone if this one gets bricked. Do I still follow the instructions here from July 2013: 

or am I better off accepting the update finally, and looking for more current advice? Do I unlock first, or has that ship sailed?

Thanks...

The easiest way is to use this thread since it is newer than the Jelly Bean Script.

Make sure you get all the downloads done prior to starting some of those are getting old.

Read the linked thread most of the problems you could run into has been run through several times.

We are here if you need us.  Good flashing.

• rickw and xKroniK13x like this

#3 maxxhdrom

maxxhdrom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid hd maxx

Posted 21 June 2015 - 01:10 PM

Thank you Spainter for the very quick response. Sorry to be obtuse, but I do have one question (well, I have many, but this is the most pressing). Do I go ahead and use the script from your link as is  or do I need to upgrade the phone from 4.1.2 (JB) to 4.4.2 first? Or any of the other updates that I have been avoiding (that was part B of my one question...)

#4 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:45 PM

Thank you Spainter for the very quick response. Sorry to be obtuse, but I do have one question (well, I have many, but this is the most pressing). Do I go ahead and use the script from your link as is  or do I need to upgrade the phone from 4.1.2 (JB) to 4.4.2 first? Or any of the other updates that I have been avoiding (that was part B of my one question...)

Use the fxz file to upgrade to to kitkat 4.4.2 183.46.10

Root and unlock per the instructions in the link I posted in my first reply to you.  After you get the screen in fastboot to show unlocked status code 3 then you can use another fxz to update to the latest kitkat out for your phone 183.46.15.1. from there you can flash twrp custom recovery and use that to gain root acess.  You will never be with out root after unlocking because you can always flash a custom recovery and regain root. Here is a link for all the fxz files you will need

• rickw and maxxhdrom like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users