4 replies to this topic

#1 Mudguppie

Mudguppie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

I have two Droid RAZR MAXXs. One is running 4.1.2 and the other is running 4.4.x. The one running 4.4 no longer works with the mobile service and I need to upgrade the other to at least 4.3. Both phones have safestrap installed; the 4.4 one is SS 3.73 and the 4.1.2 one has 3.75 installed. Both are rooted. If I were to backup the 4.4 phone using SS's backup facility and restore it using SS restore to the other phone would it work? They are identical hardware wise with the exception of network addresses and possibly the esn. I am willing to try it, I just wanted to be able to restore my phone back to the way it was if it doesn't work.

#2 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

Yes, it should work, however, if I remember correctly SS uses TWRP which creates a folder unique to the phone you have it installed on. You will have to make the backup, connect it to a computer and move it to the correct folder, and just restore. I did this for my 2 xt907 devices. Made a clean install of a ROM with just GApps and then made a backup to mirror it to another device.

Sent from my Moto X 2014 Pure Edition using Tapatalk

Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#3 Mudguppie

Mudguppie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply.  As a test, I backed up my working 4.1.2 phone and copied it over to my non mobile working 4.4 phone and restored that image.  It kind of worked but, after a minute or so, it would reboot.  So I restored it back to its original image.  I don't mind trying it the other way as long as I have the opportunity to 'undo' it in SafeStrap. 

#4 Mudguppie

Mudguppie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:49 PM

Worked fine. Thanks again.

#5 evewhite

evewhite

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:09 PM

You can use an

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to transfer data between your phone and computer, then you need to connect your two phones to comptuer separately. Or you can try a

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

r app, connect the two phone to computer at the same time and start app to transfer data between them.

http://www.android-s...-recovery.com  http://www.transfer-...a-recovery.com  If you do not think about your future, you cannot have one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users