3 replies to this topic

#1 moheb

moheb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

Hi, I am noob by all possible definitions and am quite concerned about bricking my razr. It's the rogers version of the xt910, the build is:

baseband version
U_1C.76.03P
webtop version
WT-2.0.0-82

The phone was unlocked (im guessing through the unlock code) and brought to Pakistan (where I currently reside). The problem is that firstly rogers hasn't come up with any software update since the phone's release and two since I am not on the rogers network anymore (hell I ain't even in Canada anymore), I can't hope of getting any official OTA updates even if they do come.

So, after spending the weekend going through different threads, I figured my only option was to change the stock rom to an EU one, in order to apply the latest update along with any future OTA updates that may be released.

My questions, is it possible for me to do so without risking bricking the phone? If it is possible, how do I go about it?

Your patience with my lack of knowledge would be highly appreciated!

Thanks

#2 vash_h

vash_h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Google+:chiayx
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

why not flash Asian one instead of Europe? Asian has one advantage, is language.. You should have Asian language natively supported including Tamil (sorry i'm not sure which language is used in Pakistan).<br /><br />If ur not European, u would not be using the European language such as German etc.. <br /><br />Sent from my Motorola Razr XT910

Running Rooted Motorola Droid XT910 on 65.1.21.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

#3 moheb

moheb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:00 AM

Thanks for replying Vash! I mean thankgod someone finally. The language isn't a concern, the official lang of my country is Urdu but all the educated people are well versed in English and that is what I prefer anyways. I am not receiving any OTA updates here in Pakistan. That's what I want to address, would flashing an asian rom solve my problem?

#4 vash_h

vash_h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Google+:chiayx
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'm not sure if it will solve type problem, but your phone should be able to flash European ROM in.

I'm using a phone with south east Asian ROM, had to flash in Europe ROM to downgrade in order to root. So I know u will be able to do so using fastboot.

Sent from my Motorola Razr XT910
Running Rooted Motorola Droid XT910 on 65.1.21.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users