20 replies to this topic

#1 13i11

13i11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

It seems I have put myself in quite a horrible situation.... I heard if you fastboot the phone that it will return it to its original state. I am currently using the rogers version but heard there isn't a fastboot package available for my phone and that some people have used the BR version.

Thanks in advance

#2 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

It seems I have put myself in quite a horrible situation.... I heard if you fastboot the phone that it will return it to its original state. I am currently using the rogers version but heard there isn't a fastboot package available for my phone and that some people have used the BR version.

Thanks in advance

What is a br version?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#3 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

What is a br version?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

BR usually refers to Brazilian.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • mattlgroff likes this

#4 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

BR usually refers to Brazilian.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Look for the BR fastboot files at xda-developers.com
BR definitely is Brazil.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#5 13i11

13i11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

yeah sorry for the confusion BR is Brazilian version. I was doing some reading at xda-developers.com and got the info about the br version from there

#6 B_ren

B_ren

News Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Twitter:B_ren8
  • Google+:www.gplus.to/bren
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

Thanks in advance

I know a few people have been able to use the BR fastboot files, just make sure they are not the Vivo ones as they apparently do not work that well. USe RSD lite and point it towards the xml file and it should fix the phone.
DroidRzr.Sig.Banner.png

#7 13i11

13i11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

I know a few people have been able to use the BR fastboot files, just make sure they are not the Vivo ones as they apparently do not work that well. USe RSD lite and point it towards the xml file and it should fix the phone.

I have found two tutorials so far that might be able to help me one is using RSD and one doesn't.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

ses RSD lite but when I install the adb tool and ask which program to install it doesn't have android 2.3.5, only 2.3.3. So I'm a little iffy about using that

The other tutorial is

This one seems a lot simpler, I was wondering if you could give me some feedback on which one to do

#8 B_ren

B_ren

News Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

the youtube method is the one to use, however you will need to use the BR fastboot files from this

. Thats the file I used on my Rogers version, again tonight actually, and it works well. You will have to enter the Rogers APN manually to get it to work on the network, but everything else is fine. Just make sure that you use RSD lite 5.6 as they say in the video, and that you have the Moto USB drivers installed so your pc recognizes your phone.
  • 13i11 likes this
DroidRzr.Sig.Banner.png

#9 13i11

13i11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hey B_ren, thanks for the help i just have some extra questions. In the video he said to install ADB, is that important because the android skd doesn't have android 2.3.5 firmware available (highest is 2.3.3). Also the blog for the youtube video mention that phone should be charged atleast 50%, wouldn't the phone be charging when the usb is plugged in? at this point i can't tell how much the battery is charged.

I have also found

this solution seems relatively simple.

#10 B_ren

B_ren

News Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

I'm believe you do need to have adb installed, but all my systems have it so I haven't tried it without. That method looks like it would be nice and easy as well. I just use rsd as it is as simple as downloading the stock rom XML files and then pointing rsd to it. I haven't tried the alternative to rsd that kholk has posted there, but in theory it should work the same.

Sent from my.....whichever phone I am using at the moment with Tapatalk
DroidRzr.Sig.Banner.png

#11 13i11

13i11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

okay thanks. I'm now running into some crazy problems that is scaring me. Right now when i charge on my usb its white light and it doesn't seem to turn on. I've been charging it for quite awhile now.

#12 B_ren

B_ren

News Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

Are you plugged into the wall charger or a USB cable into your PC?

DroidRzr.Sig.Banner.png

#13 13i11

13i11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

pc right now. When i plug it into the wall charge it doesn't seem to do anything. as soon as i unplug it the phone turns off

#14 B_ren

B_ren

News Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Does anything come up on the screen when plugged into the USB? Should be the AP fast boot menu

DroidRzr.Sig.Banner.png

#15 13i11

13i11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

the menu opens up but only for a few seconds then it turns off

#16 B_ren

B_ren

News Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

If it doesn't stay on while the USB is plugged in then it most likely means the battery is almost dead. The problem here is that while soft bricked the USB cable that you got with the phone won't charge the battery. You need a factory reset cable for that which you would have to order online.

When the AP menu flashes up it should have a list that tells you if the battery is ok, USB cable connected, if you aren't seeing that you may be a little fubared right now. What charge did your battery have when you flashed whatever caused this?

DroidRzr.Sig.Banner.png

#17 13i11

13i11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

when i plug it in and get to the ap menu it says battery low can not program. says same thing when i plug it into the wall too. well that was yesterday and it was about 25% probably

#18 yonkyu

yonkyu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCanada...N.S.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

some guys say that if you leave it plugged into the wall for say twelve hrs or so it will charge enough to continue

#19 13i11

13i11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

I will try that and see how it goes. thanks

#20 yonkyu

yonkyu

• Members
  • PipPip