Photo

Motorola Releases Official Changelog For 6.12.173 Update That Is Coming Soon For The Droid Razr And Razr Maxx

Verizon Droid Razr Razr Maxx changelog update Motorola

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 B_ren

B_ren

News Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Twitter:B_ren8
  • Google+:www.gplus.to/bren
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

We have already heard the news about the 6.12.173 update that is getting ready to hit soak test members, but today Motorola has released their official changelog for the update. The changelog lists many improvements including MotoCast, battery life, Smart Actions, data, etc. What is weird is that Verizon released a slightly different

about a week ago. I am not sure why both the carrier and the OEM have decided to release their own changelogs, but in the end the more info we get the better, right? Looks like the update may be there waiting and ready for you.... so make sure you check for yourself by going to "Settings>About Phone>System Updates". Here is the changelog that Motorola has released today;

Software Update for the DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

Introduction We are pleased to announce the new software update for DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA. The software update (Motorola Version.6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US) includes numerous fixes and enhancements.
For more information on Motorola updates and product support, visit us at

Who Can Use This Release ALL DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA users
Enhancements and Fixes:
MotoCast:
  • Added new auto-upload feature for sending pictures and videos back to your computer
  • Improved installation steps for easier use
Smart Actions:
  • Added new Smart Action triggers (docks and calendar events) and actions (VIP caller, auto text reply and voice announcement)
Enterprise:
  • Added new features (Password enabled Encryption Key Protection, Simplified Corporate Email Setup, Email sorting enhancements, Cisco and Juniper SSL VPN support)
Data:
  • Improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G environments
  • Improved stability of data connectivity during after Airplane Mode is disabled
Battery:
  • Increased overall battery life
  • Improved battery life when using Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) Bluetooth® enabled headsets
Camera:
  • Improvements in camera performance and user interface enhancements
Apps:
  • Updated VZ Navigator® with the latest 3D map improvements
  • Added V CAST App
  • Updated Google applications including new versions of Music and Talk, as well as added Google Videos
Visual Voicemail:
  • Resolved issues so messages can be marked as read
  • Improved message playback to resume when audio is switched to speaker
  • Updated to allow subscription or unsubscription while connected with Wi-Fi
  • Eliminated error associated with pressing back key after playback
Mobile Hotspot:
  • Improved security
  • Updated permissions to successfully allow other devices to connect to all Internet websites
User Interface:
  • Updated email icon for better visibility.
  • Included new icon graphics on the Homescreen and Application tray
  • Improved device stability when moving between home screen panels
Other:
  • Updated multimedia ringtones to permit saving
  • Updated favorite contacts widget
  • Resolved issue to correctly show the remaining download time when performing an Over The Air (OTA) update
Additional Information There is no charge for this upgrade other than the usual data connection charges. Subject to change without notice. If you have difficulty with this upgrade, visit us at

Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Specific functionality and features with each software version of Android may vary. Contact your service provider for details.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used under license. Google is a trademark of Google, Inc. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Mobility Inc. All rights reserved.

DroidRzr.Sig.Banner.png

#2 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

Just checked a completely stock, unrooted Razr running .748 and the update hasn't been pushed out by Motorola yet. Just as a heads up.

#3 B_ren

B_ren

News Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Twitter:B_ren8
  • Google+:www.gplus.to/bren
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

ok good to know...it may take some time for it to roll out across the board, but should be available soon.
DroidRzr.Sig.Banner.png

#4 xiogua

xiogua

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

My dad just got the update, we both have Razrs and I've got nothing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#5 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

I've heard of people getting it who aren't in the soak at all

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#6 DrNoob

DrNoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

I just want ICS!!!!!

#7 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

This is extremely common for Motorola to push out the test updates to more users than just the soak test users. However, not everyone will receive the update until the soak is complete. It's a very small % of the phones that're part of the test bin of soak units that didn't actually go out of their way to sign up for it. Your dad just happens to be a lucky winner ;)

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#8 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

Just checked a completely stock, unrooted Razr running .748 and the update hasn't been pushed out by Motorola yet. Just as a heads up.

12:22am Middle Ga.. Completely stock since day one..(even I don't believe it ..) lol. And still no update.. I'm a signer as well for soaks and usually get them.. it won't be long at all if soak goes well ...Been flashing away on my older androids in anticipation ..lol don't know how much longer I can hold out...:)

8-)

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

#9 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:47 AM

Where does one go to sign up to get soaked by Motorola, er, I mean, be a beta tester? I'd like to get in on it and give constructive feedback.

#10 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

Hasn't 6.12.173 been available on this website for weeks?

If so, what is the point of concern regarding getting it OTA?

#11 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

Hasn't 6.12.173 been available on this website for weeks?

If so, what is the point of concern regarding getting it OTA?

Because it's still technically a leak until moto/vzw officially rolls it out. Some/Many care about this because that means that this update would mean that they are still on the upgrade path.

Posted Image

#12 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

Where does one go to sign up to get soaked by Motorola, er, I mean, be a beta tester? I'd like to get in on it and give constructive feedback.

Motorola support forums.

Posted Image

#13 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:23 AM

Because it's still technically a leak until moto/vzw officially rolls it out. Some/Many care about this because that means that this update would mean that they are still on the upgrade path.

I still don't get it.

Is it that the "official" version may be different than the "leaked" version?

Is there some reason to think that the "official" version will not be available via this website?

How is it necessary to receive an update OTA to confirm that one is the upgrade path? Won't this website always provide an update path without having to resort to OTA?

Sorry for being dense or obtuse...it is likely that there is a gap in my understanding :)

#14 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

I still don't get it.

Is it that the "official" version may be different than the "leaked" version?

This can be answered 2 ways. If 173 becomes an official version than no, it wouldn't be different. However, it's entirely possible that 173 never goes live.

Is there some reason to think that the "official" version will not be available via this website?

Again, if 173 goes official we already have it. If something else replaces it we'll have that when the time comes for those who need it.

How is it necessary to receive an update OTA to confirm that one is the upgrade path? Won't this website always provide an update path without having to resort to OTA?

You've sort of stated the answer to your own question here... To be able to receive OTA updates, you must be on a currently VZW sanctioned version. Presently those are 6.11.744 and 6.11.748. If/when 6.12.173 goes live that will be a safe upgrade path version as well.

Posted Image

#15 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

This can be answered 2 ways. If 173 becomes an official version than no, it wouldn't be different. However, it's entirely possible that 173 never goes live.

Again, if 173 goes official we already have it. If something else replaces it we'll have that when the time comes for those who need it.

You've sort of stated the answer to your own question here... To be able to receive OTA updates, you must be on a currently VZW sanctioned version. Presently those are 6.11.744 and 6.11.748. If/when 6.12.173 goes live that will be a safe upgrade path version as well.

Thanks..in general, my preference has been to avoid any and all OTA updates..choosing to install those same updates when they are made available on this site or on mydroidworld.com (after the files have been checked to see if they screw up ability to root or create any other glitches.

As long as these two sites provide the same files.all is well IMO and true OTA updates via Moto or Verizon are irrelevant IMO.

Thanks again

#16 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

got the ota. woo

#17 jrmauser

jrmauser

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:21 AM

Got the ota this morning. However once it downloads & reboots it looks like it is going to apply the update, but then fails everytime. Thought maybe because i was rooted that was causing the issue. I unrooted & removed any traces of superuser & tried again but still failed. Not sure what to do next except wait it out & see how everyone elses experience is...

#18 Dabuck217

Dabuck217

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSpringville, NY

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

Sounds like some of the Bloat is not matching up, do you have all the bloat still on your phone???

#19 jrmauser

jrmauser

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:41 AM

I never uninstalled the bloat, just froze them. Im assuming that all of the frozen apps where unfrozen once I unrooted. Super User was still showing up in the apps so I removed it too. Im hoping I dont have to do a wipe & then try the update!

#20 Dabuck217

Dabuck217

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSpringville, NY

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:48 AM

You might have to reset, I am running a rom so I always have to go back stock to take updates because everything is gutted out. Everyone says most problems happen when the bloat don't line up some shape or form.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Verizon, Droid, Razr, Razr Maxx, changelog, update, Motorola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users