9 replies to this topic

#1 Beerunit

Beerunit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:54 PM

So, I have the droid razr HD and today as I was using it, it simply shut off. When I attempt to press power+down volume it goes the the red M dual core screen and does nothing else. At the time it shut off I was in the middle of uninstalling the facebook app since I never use facebook anymore but I dont see how this could have caused this to happen to the phone. I attempted to do factory reset and it said it was successful however I could still not get past the M startup screen.

I have never rooted or unlocked it, yet everything I have been looking up seems to indicate that a lot of failed attempts at doing that causes this. The only thing I can think of that would be a reason was that about 5ish weeks ago I broke the screen. Being that I am pretty busy(and lazy) I took the phone to a local computer repair shop to have them fix it. It took them quite a long time to have it completed. After I got it back(about 2 weeks ago) I of course had many missed texts/calls and the weird thing was that some were dated in october 2018. I thought nothing of it but at this point I'm beginning to wonder if the shop that fixed the screen rooted the phone and screwed something up? In the AP fastboot its says locked status 0. I'm no expert in phone software so go easy on me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in how to fix this.

#2 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:10 PM

Go here and download the fzx file

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Then go here and Read the instructions and follow them to the letter.

Including to instruction to read, read and read again.  Since you are locked and most likely on the latest version of Kitkat this is the only file you can flash. If you already did the FDR then you have nothing to loose.

#3 Beerunit

Beerunit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:16 PM

Alright I'll give it a shot. Thanks a lot!

#4 Beerunit

Beerunit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:58 PM

Alright, so I did everything as directed, except when I hit the flashme it just runs through everything really quickly failing everything because of a remote failure? the phone simply flickers on the ap fastboot screen then turns off afterwards but is exactly the same as it was before.

#5 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:19 PM

Alright, so I did everything as directed, except when I hit the flashme it just runs through everything really quickly failing everything because of a remote failure? the phone simply flickers on the ap fastboot screen then turns off afterwards but is exactly the same as it was before.

You have either a driver, usb or a cable problem.  Make sure you are using a usb 2.0 port, the cable is the motorola cable (some 3rd party cables won't support data transfer) and when you plug the cable into the phone in fastboot mode it shows usb connected.

#6 Beerunit

Beerunit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:25 PM

It is the correct cable that came with the phone. I downloaded the driver given in the thread and the phone shows it as being connected. I also downloaded rsd and it shows the phone is connected though it shows no details of the phone. So it must be the usb port. However this happens with both the black normal usb ports and the blue 3.0 usb ports. Those are the only 2 types I have. I believe usb 2 ports are white? Is there any sort of way to fix this?

#7 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:43 PM

It is the correct cable that came with the phone. I downloaded the driver given in the thread and the phone shows it as being connected. I also downloaded rsd and it shows the phone is connected though it shows no details of the phone. So it must be the usb port. However this happens with both the black normal usb ports and the blue 3.0 usb ports. Those are the only 2 types I have. I believe usb 2 ports are white? Is there any sort of way to fix this?

The black should be 2.0 ports and the blue 3.0. You can try another computer if you have access to one.  Also hook to a 2.0 port right off of the back of the machine, one that is part of the motherboard. 

#8 Beerunit

Beerunit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, then I guess they are 2.0. Tried it again with the 2.0s on the back and got the same thing. Both the phone and computer recognize the connection so I dont understand why it has a remote failure with everything.

#9 Beerunit

Beerunit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

Well I just found this thread

and the house of moto message looks very similar to the one posted here. Sadly my phone may be hard bricked.

#10 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:43 PM

Well I just found this thread

and the house of moto message looks very similar to the one posted here. Sadly my phone may be hard bricked.

You may have had a hardware failure, if that is the case there isn't anything to fix it.  But it is worth a shot.  If nothing else you can grab the snapdragon support tools for the house of moto

Unzip them and grab the files for the windows put them into a folder with the unzipped fxz file and by looking at the .bat file for HOM do the commands by hand.  Also when in fastboot mode from a command window in that folder try typing fastboot devices that should return a line with a response listing your devices serial number.  If it does fastboot is accessing the phone. You can then try flashing the system.img file manually. It won't be for nothing if you learn something out of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users