3 replies to this topic

#1 MustangChuck

MustangChuck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:17 PM

My RAZR M died suddenly on Thursday.  When it died it was about 75% charged, but I have turned it on and off several times. It is now out of battery and I am trying to reflash the phone.  Is there a way to charge the phone, even if I cannot turn it on?

Thanks,

Chuck Martin

#2 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:14 PM

Do a google search for Team Blackhat adapter.  There will be a video show up that you should watch and also a link will show up in the search for a factory cable on ebay for $9.99. The Team Blackhat adapter isn't being made available anymore that I can find so the buying or making your own cable is your only option.

#3 MustangChuck

MustangChuck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:38 PM

Thank you!

#4 MustangChuck

MustangChuck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:24 PM

It appears as though Team Black Hat is no more.

After some digging, I came across references to the fabled "factory cable".  I even found a few sites that describe how to make this cable.  The basics are simply tie PIN 1 and PIN 4 on the micro end together.  Easier said than done, but it is a start.

Here is the link to one site, but the images have been moved.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Here is a 3' factory cable on Amazon ($10).  I will probably go with this since buying a USB cable starts me at $10 plus trying to solder a super small wire to a super small pin isn't easily within my abilities.  As of today, they are in stock.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks again for the help. 

Chuck

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users