Happy to serve

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#642 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

OK idk but I'm on slot one using speedlite AOKP 3.0 I tried the whole factory reset and reflashing the ROM but I was still coming up with the SD card reading problem. And since it wasn't recognizing my SD card I'm unable to use tibu so that's a no go. Speed lite AOKP 3.0 seems to be working haven't been able to try out everything but so far it looks sweet might become my daily until the s4 comes out for Verizon.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#643 markwebb

markwebb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

So what your saying is that the bionic is now running jb? Like officially...I'm sorry but I've been really busy with work... I'm in the military so I don't really have time to stay up to date on this stuff lol

Yes, Bionic is now stock JB. ICS is a fading memory.:)

#644 DevildogMP

DevildogMP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Bionic

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

I'm in the same boat. Just got home from recent deployment and its a bunch of stuff ive missed. lol can you make this rom available on jellybean?

#645 kamisan

kamisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:1kamisan
  • LocationAustin TX
  • Current Device(s):Bionic Galaxy GSIII

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Bionic has JB ota out,, and Dan has already found how to root it if you loose root (not easy, you must install Linux to run it)  A lot of devs are working on new JB roms now you do not have to have a kexec based kernel to run it..   Things are brewing, hopefully a last good run on a device that is really near the end of its life..

Samurai has a new HOB for it even.   Myself I am waiting a bit to watch it settle out.   Then upgrade.  

Slot 1 Icarus

Slot 2 overdrive

I don't dial 911

#646 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

What method is there to keep root after updating to official jb

#647 kamisan

kamisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Go to bionic general it is detailed there.  In simple form you install samba linux and run an exploit that only works on linux.  

I don't dial 911

#648 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

no I mean is there a way to not lose root at all...I don't want to have to root my phone again after updating it. I think I read a post saying there was an option or something but I cant find it. that Linux method looks a little too confusing lol.

#649 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

no I mean is there a way to not lose root at all...I don't want to have to root my phone again after updating it. I think I read a post saying there was an option or something but I cant find it. that Linux method looks a little too confusing lol.

If you are still on ICS here is the way to keep root:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you've already updated to JB here is the thread to get root back (it is the Linux/Samba method but with a bit of reading, it's actually rather simple):

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• kamisan likes this
Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#650 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

ok now im having trouble upgrading superSu by chainfire. im just not sure if its upgraded or not because I don't see an option for upgrading when I open the app. maybe im doing something wrong.

#651 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

also idk y but tibu wont let me back up my aps. this has something to do with my device not recognizing my sd card at times. I would have to wipe and reinstall a rom just so I can gain access to my sd card. this has happened to me on slot one and slot two. so now im on stock and I don't have that problem anymore but I still cant back up anything in tibu. I keep getting the message : bach back up interrupted insufficient free strorage space. I have 32 gb left on my sd card and I just deleted my safestrap folder that was located on my internal hardrive because I was down to 100 mb left (thought that would fix it )and that freed up about 7 gb. the reason I deleted it was because I plan on getting the full update and probably staying on stock rooted of course just in case...just until the s4 comes out.

#652 kamisan

kamisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

also idk y but tibu wont let me back up my aps. this has something to do with my device not recognizing my sd card at times. I would have to wipe and reinstall a rom just so I can gain access to my sd card. this has happened to me on slot one and slot two. so now im on stock and I don't have that problem anymore but I still cant back up anything in tibu. I keep getting the message : bach back up interrupted insufficient free strorage space. I have 32 gb left on my sd card and I just deleted my safestrap folder that was located on my internal hardrive because I was down to 100 mb left (thought that would fix it )and that freed up about 7 gb. the reason I deleted it was because I plan on getting the full update and probably staying on stock rooted of course just in case...just until the s4 comes out.

stay on your system you have now,,  if your SD keeps 'going down' and you dork over on the JB upgrade ,, not good.   Keeping root is backing up root with voodoo ota tool and then hoping you can restore the root.  But with your SD not working I would keep what you have. 

I don't dial 911

#653 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Too late lol I was able to fix my SD card b4 I updated but voodoo isn't working so I'm f%$ked lol I guess I have to download Ubuntu now lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users