• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#41 SlammedDime

SlammedDime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

You can run a couple of google search for installing the SDK in Mac OSx to try and get some assistance... it really depends on your level of comfort at the command line on how easy it's going to be. As mattlgroff said, it'll probably be easier on a Windows box (although, at the loss for yourself that you don't get the experience of having to get down and dirty with your computer and phone to get it working, my largest gripe with all of these '1-click' methods).

I would suggest taking things one step at a time and read read read read and don't skip steps.

#42 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

I've decided I'm pretty much just giving up for today. The phone's not BROKEN, it's just so damned difficult to fix. I have tried literally everything I can think of at this point, and I keep coming up empty-handed. Should have just gotten the G-Nex or stuck to HTC phones, where you can manually flash $#!+ via fastboot on the device...instead of this loading BS...lol

#43 SlammedDime

SlammedDime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

If you looked at the XT912 script as I suggested, you'd see that all it does if perform the flashboot commands for you... unfortunately, you need to know how to actually get fastboot and adb running your computer first, which you would need to do with a Gnex or HTC phone anyway...
  • mattlgroff likes this

#44 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

If you looked at the XT912 script as I suggested, you'd see that all it does if perform the flashboot commands for you... unfortunately, you need to know how to actually get fastboot and adb running your computer first, which you would need to do with a Gnex or HTC phone anyway...

Yea...he'd probably be better off Bootcamping windows for either phone. Seems to not be friendly with CMD.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#45 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

I could also just wait it out until a new stock ROM is released for flashing, then just root again and use that. At least until an easier return-to-stock method comes out lol.

#46 disco_duck

disco_duck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

I am having the same problems as 'AndyDroid'. I got the exact same results as his picture displays. Were you guys ever able to figure out the problem?

Did you replace the OSX64 fastboot to the 32 bit OSX fastboot mentioned in the OP? That might be your issue.
Delete "fastboot" and rename fastboot-osx32 into "fastboot".

#47 disco_duck

disco_duck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

I get an error message when trying to restore the phone to 6.11. Any thoughts?

Posted Image

I am having the same problems as 'AndyDroid'. I got the exact same results as his picture displays. Were you guys ever able to figure out the problem?

#48 gavex

gavex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hey guys I could use alittle assistance here. I'm not new to rooting but new to the droid razr and have been trying to read alot of what I need.

Well, I finally got it rooted through the motofail but now I want to get Voodoo on the phone using RazrUtilityMacLinux. However, whenever I run it on my mac this is what I get:

Make sure Debugging is enabled on your phone
XT912RAZRUtilityMacLinux.sh: line 184: ./files/adb: cannot execute binary file
XT912RAZRUtilityMacLinux.sh: line 185: ./files/adb: cannot execute binary file
Installation complete, press any key to exit

now I know that debugging is enabled but I'm not sure what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

#49 ohsm

ohsm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hey guys I could use alittle assistance here. I'm not new to rooting but new to the droid razr and have been trying to read alot of what I need.

Well, I finally got it rooted through the motofail but now I want to get Voodoo on the phone using RazrUtilityMacLinux. However, whenever I run it on my mac this is what I get:

Make sure Debugging is enabled on your phone
XT912RAZRUtilityMacLinux.sh: line 184: ./files/adb: cannot execute binary file
XT912RAZRUtilityMacLinux.sh: line 185: ./files/adb: cannot execute binary file
Installation complete, press any key to exit

now I know that debugging is enabled but I'm not sure what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

you need to give execute permissions to the adb file. `chmod +x files/adb` should work then run script again

#50 gavex

gavex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

you need to give execute permissions to the adb file. `chmod +x files/adb` should work then run script again

Thanks for the quick response.

I just did what you said but it still gave me the same response. Could it be that I didn't setup sdk-android properly? Do I even need it?

#51 ohsm

ohsm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the quick response.

I just did what you said but it still gave me the same response. Could it be that I didn't setup sdk-android properly? Do I even need it?

Could you cd into the files dir and paste the output of ls -l? I got the same error when I extracted the zip and chmod +x fixed it. You don't need the android SDK with this zip but it wont hurt to have it

#52 gavex

gavex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Could you cd into the files dir and paste the output of ls -l? I got the same error when I extracted the zip and chmod +x fixed it. You don't need the android SDK with this zip but it wont hurt to have it

Thanks, finally got it working:)

#53 SlammedDime

SlammedDime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

You could also just download Voodoo from the market... no need to use this tool.

#54 juwong182

juwong182

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationann arbor, mi

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:00 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is what I got. Permission denied?

#55 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is what I got. Permission denied?

Sudo before the run command.

sudo ./XT912blablabla.sh

Sent from my AXI0M [R]AZR using Tapatalk

#56 jgoose

jgoose

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

Sudo before the run command.

sudo ./XT912blablabla.sh

Sent from my AXI0M [R]AZR using Tapatalk

I'm having the exact same issue. I even sudo'ed before the run command and the exact same thing happened. What am I doing wrong? What is the list of commands you have to perform to get permission?

#57 ohsm

ohsm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

I'm having the exact same issue. I even sudo'ed before the run command and the exact same thing happened. What am I doing wrong? What is the list of commands you have to perform to get permission?

chmod +x files/fastboot files/adb should do the trick

#58 tdeyoung

tdeyoung

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

Here's what I'm seeing when i try to run the script.
tom@fuzzypets ~/Downloads/XT912RAZRUtilityMacLinuxLITE $ sh XT912RAZRUtilityLITE.sh
Resetting ADB and Launching Droid RAZR utility...
XT912RAZRUtilityLITE.sh: 52: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
tom@fuzzypets ~/Downloads/XT912RAZRUtilityMacLinuxLITE $

Any ideas?
To clarify, this is on a Linux Mint Debian System
I checked the script and didn't see anything out of place (my code monkey skills are pretty rusty though).

Edited by tdeyoung, 19 February 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#59 itbedave

itbedave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Google+:itbedave@gmail.com
  • LocationMonroe, OH
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi all - new to this forum and to Moto phones but not to Android, rooting and hacking. Just got a new Droid RAZR Maxx and have been attempting to root to no avail. I have the SDK installed (and not just the initial package - but the platform-tools folder that has ADB in it). I've tried this utility on my Mac (Snow Leopard) and get nothing but errors - like it doesn't see ADB. Even when i run it with the sudo command, I get:

chmod: ./adb.osx: No such file or directory

When I try to see all adb devices, I get a blank list.

Obviously, I must be missing something in the setup. I've ready both that I need to install the SDK and that I DON'T need to install the SDK. Either way, it's not working. I've tried retracing my steps and read and re-read several different forums (about this utility, motofail, and the SDK) to no avail. If I can figure this out, I will re-write the tutorial and make a YouTube video to explain it. I'm sure I'm just missing something. Thanks in advance.

#60 obeygiant

obeygiant

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 79 posts
  • Twitter:obey22giant
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/109248393171126077439/about

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hi all - new to this forum and to Moto phones but not to Android, rooting and hacking. Just got a new Droid RAZR Maxx and have been attempting to root to no avail. I have the SDK installed (and not just the initial package - but the platform-tools folder that has ADB in it). I've tried this utility on my Mac (Snow Leopard) and get nothing but errors - like it doesn't see ADB. Even when i run it with the sudo command, I get:

chmod: ./adb.osx: No such file or directory

When I try to see all adb devices, I get a blank list.

Obviously, I must be missing something in the setup. I've ready both that I need to install the SDK and that I DON'T need to install the SDK. Either way, it's not working. I've tried retracing my steps and read and re-read several different forums (about this utility, motofail, and the SDK) to no avail. If I can figure this out, I will re-write the tutorial and make a YouTube video to explain it. I'm sure I'm just missing something. Thanks in advance.

In the files folder, delete the file named adb (That one is for Linux). Find adb.osx and rename it to adb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users