mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:36 AM

"it's (obviously) your own fault"
I like to call this "user error" :P

Awesome write-ups and great support thanks

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#162 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

LOL. I sometimes forget the humor is lost when people are already frustrated with their device. My poor attempt at the shortest standard disclaimer ever! :D
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#163 bri-h

bri-h

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

Here is a link to the 1.7 Utility for Linux. It has the same options as Matts 1.7 utility. It MAY work for Mac, but if you have less than 4Gb of RAM, it will process so slowly that it will drain your battery before it finishes. Please reread that Mac users! Same as Matts instructions, get the ota on your sd card first !!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This Linux 1.7 Utility worked for me! I was using a Mint 12 64-bit machine. I did Option 1 and was able to update to .211 on the first try after hours of trying other methods. Great utility and thanks all who worked on it.
  • stealthmouse likes this

#164 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Cool
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#165 Porter

Porter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:porter44

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

i've tried to download this file twice tonight and it's failed both times.

#166 petersmg1

petersmg1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:petersmg1

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:25 AM

New and improved Utility 1.7, Mac edition v2. Mad props to Matt for writing the original utility and all of them since then, and obeygiant for converting it to Linux/Mac. And probably a bunch of other stuff, too. And other people, too.

Changelog:
• Moved Read Me First file into the zip. If you open the zip file and the next thing you say is "Now what?," then this file is for you! I hope it will help, and impart some additional knowledge, or at least make the process more fun;
• Replaced busybody with most recent Ericson version. This may rectify a problem with Safestrap not responding to Install Recovery when first run.
• Replaced fastboot (OS X 64-bit version) with the newer version in Android SDK 20;
• Recopied (likely) identical copies of ebr, mbr and device_tree, from the original PC utility, and reset their associations, to correct possible incompatibilities and a timestamp difference;
• Added additional snarky comments about elves, Steve Jobs and iPhones, wherever and whenever possible. Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself...your iPhone will do it for you. Oh, and a reference to Pink Floyd.

Get it here:

You can also reference the Droid RAZR Utility 1.7 OP:

and the 1.7 help thread:

Have a Happy Fourth. And remember, those who fought in the Revolutionary War were blazing a path for the rest of us to follow, i.e., sticking it to The Man. They did it well.

Oh, one more thing: If anything bad happens from running this, it's (obviously) your own fault. But as long as you don't throw your RAZR at a wall, or try to drown it, the badness can be undone.

My advance apologies to any elves in the community.

The link above

loads, but then when I click download, I get "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later." PLEASE HELP

#167 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Checking it out. Server seems to be pretty slow right now.

#168 petersmg1

petersmg1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:petersmg1

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

Checking it out. Server seems to be pretty slow right now.

Thanks for working on the issue. I was finally able to download it and the tool worked perfectly. I was already updated to ICS 4.0.4 via the OTA on Verizon. I am using Mac OSx Lion and the root method and the bootstrap recovery options worked flawlessly. Thanks to everyone for all the help and hard work to get this fixed!!!

#169 InSaNiitYxX

InSaNiitYxX

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

how long should sending the system take? its taking quite a while for me... in the instructions, it says a few minutes, but i left it for 45 minutes and nothing happened, i powered down, and now my phone wont turn on, it goes straight to AP fastboot and everytime i try again, the system wont send, please help

#170 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

The link above

loads, but then when I click download, I get "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.

Can someone please help me out? I don't have access to a windows PC and I need to root my phone :) The internet connection is slow beyond belief and stops the download before it finishes every time. What I need is a LITE version of DROID RAZR utility 1.7 which doesn't include the 211 update zip or 181 fast boot files. That should bring down the size of the utility to under 20 MB which makes it much easier for me to download :D

Please help me!!! :lol:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#171 hanzaborrego

hanzaborrego

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

The link above

Yep. This is annoying me a lot :(

#172 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. PM me if you still need stripped down file.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#173 nothing0

nothing0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Maybe a noob question.. When a post says to "Fastboot or RSD back to stock .211", Is that option 8 on this program?

My new goal is to install 215 :)

#174 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:29 AM

No, that option is just a kernel flash. Fastboot or RSD back to stock .211 means a complete restore to the stock .211 with no modifications to system files, and all the Verizon bloatware installed and running. If you're on a gingerbread (GB) build (something below 4.0, like 2.3.6, aka something less than .211), then this is the right utility, but you also need to download the .211 OTA file (that's the official MOTO update file), and put it on your external SD card before you start the process. If you're on some type of Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) build (stock or leak) already, then you should use Utility 1.81. There's a good description of how to do the whole process of going from GB to ICS in the Read Me file that goes with the Utility zip download.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users