• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:45 AM

Looks like it's officially been announced by Big Red. Should start seeing it pushed out to devices starting today. Remember, these come out in batches, so not everyone will see it immediately.

http://www.verizonwi...t/lg-g3-update/

UPDATE: Around 1 pm, I received my OTA. Applied it and so far, not bad at all. Performance is the same, maybe a little better. But definitely no degradation in performance.

Do beware: if you have an external SD card, it's not longer accessible via /storage/external_SD. It's now /storage/XXXXXXX where XXXXXXX is some number, more than likely the serial number of the card after you formatted it. Caused a lot of issues with my playlists. Grrr! 

But otherwise, so far, pretty happy with it.

• spainter likes this

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#2 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:22 AM

Well, it's been over a week and I'm still on the official Marshmallow, unrooted. I haven't gone to rooting as so far, I haven't needed to do so.

Battery life, coupled with Doze mode, SnapDragon BatteryGuru and Greenify (yes, I can still use this unrooted - I just do a greenify before I lock the screen), I get through a day without issues (as long as I'm not playing long sessions of Game of War or Mobile Strike). At night, when I go to bed, Doze mode takes over and I either lose 0% battery or maybe 1% or 2% at the most.

The only issues I've run into are with two apps:

1. Alarm Clock Xtreme - this will not go off after Doze mode kicks in. I've even told the battery optimizer to not doze the app, but it still doesn't work. The company that owns the app has admitted that the app is not using correct Marshmallow API practices for an alarm clock app. Either the stock alarm is fine, or do as I did and switch to Simple Alarm Clock. I want the increasing alarm volume option that is present in this app and Alarm Clock Xtreme. The default app jolts me awake since it starts the alarm at full volume. I don't like that. :)
  2. Game of War - I've noticed that with any keyboard (stock LG G3, Swiftkey, Google), that when I am typing in a chat input box, the game no longer moves the chat input box to the top of my keyboard, so it's obscured while I'm typing and I can't see what's being typed. Mobile Strike doesn't do this nor any other app. I've sent that issue into MachineZone and they've forwarded it onto their developers.

Other than those two issues, the phone is awesome. Much better than Lollipop, and I wasn't having any issues under stock Lollipop except battery life wasn't as good as running Jasmine ROM. But, with MM, I'm getting much better battery life stock and unrooted than I did under LP.

• spainter likes this

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users