Photo

no screen bionic

fxz hob safestrap

Best Answer jp1044 , 02 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

The other night my bionic was acting sluggish and i was having an issue with safestrap. I uninstalled safestrap, backed up tibu and went to wipe phone through Hob which i have done many times. This time phone screen goes black after the big M. It boots up but i can't see with the black screen. If i go to recovery screen works fine. I tried to wipe and fxz again with same results . What did I do????

You've tried FXZ'ing through RSD Lite? If not, I would try doing that. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 scoutss2

scoutss2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:spalm55

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

The other night my bionic was acting sluggish and i was having an issue with safestrap. I uninstalled safestrap, backed up tibu and went to wipe phone through Hob which i have done many times. This time phone screen goes black after the big M. It boots up but i can't see with the black screen. If i go to recovery screen works fine. I tried to wipe and fxz again with same results . What did I do????

#2 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:08 PM   Best Answer

You've tried FXZ'ing through RSD Lite? If not, I would try doing that.
  • shane1 likes this

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#3 scoutss2

scoutss2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

I will give that a try and update. Thanks.

#4 scoutss2

scoutss2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

That did it thanks!!!

#5 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

That did it thanks!!!

Awesome! Glad you got it working!

-Team LiteSpeed- Sent from my FlyingJelly device

• shane1 likes this

#6 Kach474

Kach474

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

I know this is an old thread but I am having a very similar issue. running JB with safestrap. I did a factory reset but did not uninstall safestrap. After reset I had root but halfway through restoring back ups root went bye bye?? Restored a nandroid backup of stock and would not boot. I now have the same issue, you can hear the boot animation but no screen. I can still boot into another slot with liquid ROM with no issues and still have full root.

I was going to attempt FXZing with RSD lite. My questions are, is there anything I need to make sure I do, and will I loose root?

#7 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

I know this is an old thread but I am having a very similar issue. running JB with safestrap. I did a factory reset but did not uninstall safestrap. After reset I had root but halfway through restoring back ups root went bye bye?? Restored a nandroid backup of stock and would not boot. I now have the same issue, you can hear the boot animation but no screen. I can still boot into another slot with liquid ROM with no issues and still have full root.

I was going to attempt FXZing with RSD lite. My questions are, is there anything I need to make sure I do, and will I loose root?

Yes, you will lose root if you FXZ. You can, however, re-root your phone, but you'll need to use Dans latest exploit for the Bionic. It requires Linux

#8 Kach474

Kach474

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

ok. So I tried to FXZ but no luck. It fails at the 5 step in the process.

#9 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

ok. So I tried to FXZ but no luck. It fails at the 5 step in the process.

What error is it?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#10 Kach474

Kach474

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

No sure now. It goes to the 4th step and then fails I think it said something about the phone returned FAIL. I would have to run it again. I saw somewhere that there has been issues with JB and Nandroid. If that s the issue If I were to reapply the update manually think that would help? I'm not real concerned about loosing everything I would be cool getting back to stock. Safestrap will let me completely wipe the liquid rom slot and re install the ROM from scratch. Not sure if I can do something similar with the Stock slot.

#11 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

There are a couple files you have to remove from the fxz for jelly bean, I'll see if I can find a link<br />

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#12 ratamacue

ratamacue

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

Restored a nandroid backup of stock and would not boot. I now have the same issue, you can hear the boot animation but no screen. I can still boot into another slot with liquid ROM with no issues and still have full root.

I had the exact same issue. Tons of others have, too. Fortunately there is a very easy fix.
Click here for the rundown:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#13 Kach474

Kach474

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Worked like a charm. Thanks a ton guys

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fxz, hob, safestrap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users