#1 venom

venom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr M

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

my Motorola droid razr m stuck on the boot up android eye and i tried all the steps on using rsd flashing tool but its now showing up when i try to flash it.....can anyone help me????

#2 PatrickinSD

PatrickinSD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/107512347884369331152
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M XT907

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

I have a similar problem with my Droid Razr M XT907, except I cannot boot past the red Motorola logo. When I go to Fastboot, it fails

Sent from my XT907

#3 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:31 PM

I have a similar problem with my Droid Razr M XT907, except I cannot boot past the red Motorola logo. When I go to Fastboot, it fails

What error are you getting? Need more information to help you. Remember we can't see what you see.

Read this thread for some good places to start and post your questions there.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 creativeone32

creativeone32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT907

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:39 PM

I am having a similar issue with my son's phone.   He was at school the phone was working fine, then it restarted itself and the home screen kept crashing.  Constantly getting "home screen not responding" with the wait or ok options.   My son selected wait the first time then after a moment or two it popped up again, he pressed ok and powered the phone down by pressing the power button and selecting power off.  He turned it back on and the phone was acting very sluggish, it eventually started and again the home screen crashed.  He powered down the phone and this time when he restarted it, he got the red & white M, followed by the animation and it will not proceed past the part where the red eye is animated.  The phone will not move past the red eye in boot up. 

Phone details:

Model: Motorola Droid Razr M

Android Version: 4.4.2

Build Number: KDA20.62-15.1

System version: 183.46.15XT907.Verizon.en.US

This phone is my son's it was not rooted nor did it have debugging turned on. 

Troubleshooting I have attempted: 

Got into Recovery - cleared partition > indicated successfully cleared it restarted and would not go past the red eye in startup (repeated several times with no change in results) 

Got into Recovery - reset to factory - wiping all user data - Indicated it was successful and it rebooted and again no further past the red eye. (repeated several times with no change in results & no errors) 

Got into the AP Fastboot

AP Fastboot indicates Device is Locked Status 0 / Battery OK

In an attempt to force an unlock I tried to flash using  RSD Lite software and the VZW_XT907_4.4.2_KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml zip - Got notice on the phone that this was an older version and there is a newer version installed on the phone.  So I attempted to flash using RSD Lite software and the VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml zip the first time it failed at 3/17  the next time it completed to the reboot - phone rebooted and again got as far as the red eye but no further.  RSD software indicated to manually power the phone on, but it was already on just not loading past the red eye. 

Found your post about the HouseOfMoto - followed those steps with the VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml file again.  (fresh download), downloaded the Snap Dragon FXZ support and extracted into the VZW extracted folder which I renamed with the FXZ_XT907.  I ran the HouseOfMoto Script Generator which generated the script and ran the HouseOfMoto - it indicated Okay and Nothing failed - finished the process and it rebooted the phone  again could not get past the red eye. 

I've also read  that the initial start up could take 10 minutes.  After I've gotten the indication that the flashing was successful and left it in the start up for over 20 minutes but it would not progress past the red eye. 

I assume this phone is now nothing more than a paper weight.  But am open to any other suggestions that may revive the phone. 

creativeone32

#5 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:15 PM

Sounds like you got it all correct. With the age of the device, we've seen a good number with failing memory, which could explain why it failed the one time. Other than trying to flash the 15 build again, there's not much else you can do.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#6 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:22 PM

I am having a similar issue with my son's phone.   He was at school the phone was working fine, then it restarted itself and the home screen kept crashing.  Constantly getting "home screen not responding" with the wait or ok options.   My son selected wait the first time then after a moment or two it popped up again, he pressed ok and powered the phone down by pressing the power button and selecting power off.  He turned it back on and the phone was acting very sluggish, it eventually started and again the home screen crashed.  He powered down the phone and this time when he restarted it, he got the red & white M, followed by the animation and it will not proceed past the part where the red eye is animated.  The phone will not move past the red eye in boot up. 

Phone details:

Model: Motorola Droid Razr M

Android Version: 4.4.2

Build Number: KDA20.62-15.1

System version: 183.46.15XT907.Verizon.en.US

This phone is my son's it was not rooted nor did it have debugging turned on. 

Troubleshooting I have attempted: 

Got into Recovery - cleared partition > indicated successfully cleared it restarted and would not go past the red eye in startup (repeated several times with no change in results) 

Got into Recovery - reset to factory - wiping all user data - Indicated it was successful and it rebooted and again no further past the red eye. (repeated several times with no change in results & no errors) 

Got into the AP Fastboot

AP Fastboot indicates Device is Locked Status 0 / Battery OK

In an attempt to force an unlock I tried to flash using  RSD Lite software and the VZW_XT907_4.4.2_KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml zip - Got notice on the phone that this was an older version and there is a newer version installed on the phone.  So I attempted to flash using RSD Lite software and the VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml zip the first time it failed at 3/17  the next time it completed to the reboot - phone rebooted and again got as far as the red eye but no further.  RSD software indicated to manually power the phone on, but it was already on just not loading past the red eye. 

Found your post about the HouseOfMoto - followed those steps with the VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml file again.  (fresh download), downloaded the Snap Dragon FXZ support and extracted into the VZW extracted folder which I renamed with the FXZ_XT907.  I ran the HouseOfMoto Script Generator which generated the script and ran the HouseOfMoto - it indicated Okay and Nothing failed - finished the process and it rebooted the phone  again could not get past the red eye. 

I've also read  that the initial start up could take 10 minutes.  After I've gotten the indication that the flashing was successful and left it in the start up for over 20 minutes but it would not progress past the red eye. 

I assume this phone is now nothing more than a paper weight.  But am open to any other suggestions that may revive the phone. 

creativeone32

The memory chip on the mainboard goes bad and there isn't really a cost effective way to fix them even if you could find a new main board. There are deals going on now if you shop you can get a new phone for about what the parts would have cost for your old one. We have seen a lot of hardware failures in the xt 907,910,912,926. They are all near 5 years old or more.

#7 creativeone32

creativeone32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT907

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:17 AM

Thank you for confirming my suspicions.  Looks like my son's getting a new phone. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users