comiskeybum

Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,682 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7pro, Pixelbook Go, Galaxy Watch 5pro

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:39 AM

OK, so like I said I saw Civil War.  Im not gonna get into if it was better than what DC just did or not, who cares.  I just wanted to bullet point what made this movie probably my favorite Marvel movie along with Deadpool.

- I totally loved that the latest Spider Man reboot basically happened within Civil War itself.  Stark finds him out, meets with him, and then builds him his damn suit!  I freakin loved that.

- Though I have not watched agent carter, i loved the funeral scene that brought it together with the show, very cool.

- Sam predicted that Emily VanCamp would join the Marvel movies, well he was right.  I loved her connection.

-The movie was probably a bit long, and some of the fight scenes were just a little lame.  The whole ant man getting big thing was stupid to me.  The best fight scene was between Bucky, Captain, and Iron man.  That is where the blows actually felt like the MEANT something.  

- I thought the post credit scene was a little weak this time.  In my opinion it should have been DR Strange related.  But meh.

Im sure I am leaving something else on the table, but overall yes the movie was good, very good.

Pixel 7pro, Pixel 6pro, Pixel 6a, iPhone 13, Galaxy Tab A7lite, iPad pro 2020, Galaxy Watch 5pro

#2 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,447 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:59 AM

I already knew who Emily Van Camp's character was from Winter Soldier.  I kept it to myself this whole time cause I wanted to see my son's reaction when he found out that she was Peggy's niece.  And it was epic.  LMAO.  Then he was like "Um, it was a little awkward that he kissed her" LOL.  The Howard Stark and his wife scene also shocked some people.  I'm glad we finally got to meet Tony's mom.  I was expecting we'd meet her in Agents of Peggy, but, since it's canceled that is not going to happen.  I'm not a fan of the spiderman nonsense.  I'm with my dad and son on this one....had they used him for the past 2 spiderman movies then it would have worked.  But introducing yet another spiderman just didn't work at all.  And yes, I know he gets his own movie next summer, but, honestly, I'm not all that much looking forward to it.  The next one I'm looking forward to is Guardians 2 next May.  Dr Strange looks ok so I'll go see it, but, meh.

Since this is a spoiler thread, we can talk about what really happened and the true meaning behind it.  I read an article on this a few days ago but I have my own take on it, as well.  This is a classic freedom vs security debate.  Cap standing for true freedom, even if that means being less secure.  Tony standing for security even if it means trampling on individual rights.  In the end giving up freedom for security ended with corruption which is what Cap said would happen.  Even Tony, until he found out bucky was responsible for his parent's, came around.  I haven't yet watched, but, I saw a preview of this past Agents of SHIELD and the Sokovia accord was heavily mentioned.  Coulson basically said no, and the general said "well the Avengers signed it" to which Coulson said "Not all of them..."  LOL  I love how they tie that stuff in.  Can't wait to watch the whole episode this weekend.

In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to see it again when it comes out on blu-ray.

• comiskeybum likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#3 iambecoming

iambecoming

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:52 PM

I loved Spider Man being in Civil War. This new kid blows Tobey and that other guy from the last 2 terrible spider man movies away.

Black Panther (who I've heard of but literally knew nothing about before CW) was awesome as well.

#4 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,447 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:43 AM

Black Panther was fun.  I can't wait to see his movie.

• iambecoming likes this

#5 iambecoming

iambecoming

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:16 AM

Black Panther was fun. I can't wait to see his movie.

So I guess the next Marvel movie is Dr. Strange, right?

I'm not very interested in that one as I don't know really anything about him.

Although besides Iron Man 2 and to a lesser degree the 2 Thor movies I haven't been disappointed by any of the movies so far .

#6 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,447 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:02 AM

So I guess the next Marvel movie is Dr. Strange, right?

I'm not very interested in that one as I don't know really anything about him.

Although besides Iron Man 2 and to a lesser degree the 2 Thor movies I haven't been disappointed by any of the movies so far .

Yea, Dr Strange is up next.  Next year we get Guardians 2, then Spiderman, then Thor.  That's it for 2017.  Black Panther is Feb 2018 then Infinity War Part 1 in May 2018.  And I think Ant-Man and the Wasp is the only other one scheduled for 2018 so far.

#7 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:11 AM

We finally saw Civil War this weekend, and I thought it was really pretty good though a bit on the long side. I didn't like Spiderman in this at all, he was never an avenger so his appearance was probably some sort of subliminal attempt at promoting the (yet again) next Spiderman movie. I did like Black Panther and thought he was quite well played. Antman turning into Giantman was a good inclusion and totally consistent with Avengers history as propagated in the comics. I was a bit surprised at finding out how Tony's parents died but since I've never watched AOS, it was very unexpected, though it was sort of telegraphed at the beginning of the movie when you saw the four packs of refrigerated liquid which I was pretty sure was some of the super solider serum just based on the context of it's appearance. I'm still at a bit of a loss as to why they went into the whole biological warfare arena when it didn't seem they did anything else with it after the big fight. I also thought that the whole playing of the guilt card was sort of overdone since I'm not sure that folks with that kind of abilities and having to fight the types of villains they had to fight would understand that there are unfortunately going to be collateral casualties no matter how much you try to prevent them since the bad guys don't care about that sort of thing. It was sort of nice to see that several of the Avengers were humbled when their actions had unexpected consequences!

All in all a very good movie and I'll definitely be pre-ordering it today. I'm also looking forward to seeing Dr. Strange but I'm not sure how that one will turn out since stories dealing with him are not, for the most part, cut and dried good guy vs. bad guy things and IMVHO, you really need to have followed the comic books to understand all the nuances of his character and the situations that he finds himself in. I just don't think it will be that good if it's just a single movie deal but since I'm a big DS fan, I'm still looking forward to seeing it but not trying to explain everything to the wife!

Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users