DirtyDroidX's Noob Netquette Daily Post/Question of the day/ Crazy dinosaur babys

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

Welcome all to DR , also known as droidrzr. We are glad you found us and look forward to your input. This thread is a general "Do's and Dont's" for new members,or existing. Please feel free to leave your comments, questions or concerns. I will try to add to this list daily. This is a open discussion , meaning since its in off topic lounge, it can go in any direction members want it to.

2/5/2013
- Noob
Even though I don't like to through around the word much, you will see it. The meaning is simple, you are new to the android community.

- Here at DR we want you to have 10 posts in before being able to contact development. Why?, good question, when first starting out its frustrating. The main key is read and understand the terminology. If you don't understand what a developer or member is talking about how are you going to complete the task your inquiring about.

*Tip*
Most of the time your question has been answered plenty of times in previous posts. Do everyone a favor an read or search the entire thread before posting, this cuts down on thread clutter. In return you learn things along the way.

*Tip*
Staff members are around to assist you in any way they can. The staff are NOT a turning point for advice, personal psychiatric help, your maid, experts, etc. They are here to monitor day to day activities and step in when needed. *Note * This does not mean not to talk to staff, if you need help on general site navigation or site related content , feel free to contact. If your having problems in a certain thread use the report to a moderator link. This will contact staff, furthermore looked at and handled accordingly.

-OP
This stands for "Other post or Original post" basically the first post in the thread.

2-6-13
What is bacon ?
Bacon...

Sideloading- Is when you take a zip file posted on DR and you boot your phone into stock recovery to flash a OTA that we stole from the devil.

CWM- ClockWorkMod/Recovery / originally designed by kush , the maker of rom manager. You flash zips in this, duh. Do not get this confused with stock recovery.

TWRP- Team-Win-Recovery-project/ thus is so CWM based recovery that is touch enabled and has more bells and whistles.

SafeStrap or SS- TWRP based recovery made by @Hashcode. Originally made for the Droid RAZR xt912.

*Tip* ETA Don't ask Dev's for one. They spend many hours/days/weeks making cool stuff to flash on your phone. Plus its just annoying as hell.

Bump- Cool/fresh/dope/high five/agreed/what that guy just said.

*Tip* Don't PM a DEV just to ask a question. On that note I will try my best to get back to members PM's asap but this could be days, so if your in desperate need use the chat room.

DirtyDroidX- Me / a unique creature/ a human ,sometimes, that has the inability to spell.

2/08/13

Leaks - These are usually system updates creatively found in the wild. They are usually sideloaded . Do not get this confused with an OTA . These are usually not tested an could have negative unforseen consequences.

*Tip* Don't be a jerk on the boards. Usually when someone says " ppl always get my words twisted" they usually are jerks .

*Tip* Use talk for interacting with android peeps. If you are having problems with your phone and some is willing to help you , they will most likely ask you to use gtalk.

***Random question of the day***
Do you have pets ? If so what kind, how many, do you talk to them like there human? *****Answer Below ******

2/9/13

Flaming- No not a Flamer or something gay. This is when two or more members get into a argument and keep going back and forth with posts in a thread,this usually derails the thread and takes it off topic. This is when a moderator will step in and try to calm things down. Flaming can be used with wits, rude remarks, foul language or all of the above. The best thing to do is walk away or report the thread and/or post.

***Tip*** Don't use the F word, please. This is not to try and control you . We have filters installed anyway to block the words anyway. We don't want to do this , but its for the best of the site. Im not saying that $#!+ or dam or hell cant be used just don't be saying f%$k f%$k f%$k f%$k f%$k every other word that's all. Believe me i have a problem with this! My daughter tells me I use the F word to much and she is 7. The thing is , we have under age members on the site , a lot of them! So this just makes things easy in the legal department. We can still have fun without swearing.

Brick VS Sof t Brick- Many ppl who mod there phones will say "im bricked" No your not , 99% of the time its because of user error and by running RSDLite or Odin , Heimdall, whatever will bring the phone back to life again. So please say my phone is soft bricked. A Bricked phone is really hard to do, especially on a moto device. When having a locked boot loader and not being able to mess with kernel or radio parts, it makes it pretty damn hard to do.

++++++Question of the Day+++++++
How much money would be enough for you to retire on?
Leave your answers in the comment section below.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2/11/13
*Tip*
Goggle has every answer you can possibly want to know. If Google can't answer a Android question , pm me and I will do my best.

Kexec= Used on locked boot loaders , been around for a while but is difficult to fully implement. Without writing 15 pages , its a workaround so we van flash custom kernels, in return being able to build source (AOSP, CM10.1, AOKP) ROMS. Currently @Hashcode is working on this for RAZR, HD, Bionic and more. When he fully succeeds a locked boot loader won't mean crap.

Bootloader- A security wall per say that is checked during the boot process , that tells the phone , security wise how much access we have.

Cheesecake - A yummy desert made from Philadelphia cream cheese. A program that ran off of gingerbread that used moto's cloud service to search their servers and get yummy leaks. This is no longer used . Moto decided they did not like us raping them anymore.

Kanging- when someone takes a devs work and uses it in there own without asking. Then makes it look like they did it all. << not cool! We will catch you,Don't try it. These are usually 7zip devs.

+1- When someone agrees with the above statement.

Philosoraptor- A prehistoric dinosaur that has been known to roam DR.

Troll - This is someone who stalks a thread and usually has nothing but negative things to say, also known as Trolling. These ppl are usually the ones who never touched a women an still live in there mothers basement.

?????Question of the day??????
If you where hanging over the edge with your phone in one hand and your dog in the other , which one would you save?
†note†
No you can not save both!

More to come DR members feel free to talk about anything you want besides religion and politics. More will be added daily.

DirtyDroidX

• Thach, neckchop, Memnoch73 and 10 others like this

#2 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

very good,i like this

#3 sparkyman

sparkyman

In House Developer

• Developer
  • 368 posts
  • Twitter:@sparkyman216

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

You the man.. Stan

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#4 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

You the man.. Stan

Aww :) Did we just have a moment?

#5 sparkyman

sparkyman

In House Developer

• Developer
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

We did. Did you feel it too ?

#6 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

We did. Did you feel it too ?

I did :) U complete me (while drawing a circle in the as air)

#7 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

So what's everyone think of thus X phone, nexusX whatever .

#8 sparkyman

sparkyman

In House Developer

• Developer
  • 368 posts

:wub:

#9 sparkyman

sparkyman

In House Developer

• Developer
  • 368 posts

:P

#10 sparkyman

sparkyman

In House Developer

• Developer
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

I want the xphone

#11 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Welcome all to DR , also known as droidrzr. We are glad you found us and look forward to your input. This thread is a general "Do's and Dont's" for new members,or existing. Please feel free to leave your comments, questions or concerns. I will try to add to this list daily. This is a open discussion , meaning since its in off topic lounge, it can go in any direction members want it to.

2/5/2013
- Noob
Even though I don't like to through around the word much, you will see it. The meaning is simple, you are new to the android community.

- Here at DR we want you to have 10 posts in before being able to contact development. Why?, good question, when first starting out its frustrating. The main key is read and understand the terminology. If you don't understand what a developer or member is talking about how are you going to complete the task your inquiring about.

*Tip*
Most of the time your question has been answered plenty of times in previous posts. Do everyone a favor an read or search the entire thread before posting, this cuts down on thread clutter. In return you learn things along the way.

*Tip*
Staff members are around to assist you in any way they can. The staff are NOT a turning point for advice, personal psychiatric help, your maid, experts, etc. They are here to monitor day to day activities and step in when needed. *Note * This does not mean not to talk to staff, if you need help on general site navigation or site related content , feel free to contact. If your having problems in a certain thread use the report to a moderator link. This will contact staff, furthermore looked at and handled accordingly.

-OP
This stands for "Other post or Original post" basically the first post in the thread.

More to come DR members feel free to talk about anything you want besides religion and politics. More will be added daily.

DirtyDroidX

I don't get it. I didn't see anything mentioning bacon!
  • grannydez likes this

#12 sparkyman

sparkyman

In House Developer

• Developer
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

I love u dirty

#13 Pur3vil

Pur3vil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

I don't get it. I didn't see anything mentioning bacon!

There's a thread for that. Sorry for the i-can't-find-the-bacon reference on an android forum, but sometimes it has to be done. ;-)

#14 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

ETA?
  • Gytole likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#15 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

There's a thread for that. Sorry for the i-can't-find-the-bacon reference on an android forum, but sometimes it has to be done. ;-)

Oh I know where its at trust me!
Sent from my Icarus HD Edition Bionic

• soocold likes this

#16 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Sorry we can't always contain him to the thread.... Sometimes he gets away!

Sent from RAZR Maxx on JB

• soocold likes this

#17 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Sorry we can't always contain him to the thread.... Sometimes he gets away!

Haha..I'm good when they let me out sometimes.. I was just having fun with the list. Please don't hurt me Dirty! :D

#18 Pur3vil

Pur3vil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Oh I know where its at trust me!

Oh, I know that you know that, wait, what were we talking about? :huh:
  • jayrod likes this

#19 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Soooo... Is this entirely tongue in cheek?? Or do we want to sticky this in the New member forums??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#20 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Oh, I know that you know that, wait, what were we talking about? :huh:

We definitely were not talking about bacon...

Sorry couldn't help it... Jayrod started it!:ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users