11 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle6552

Kyle6552

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

I just flashed the ROM RazrX V1.2 and when I rebooted the phone and clicked the Android logo to get started, the "Please wait this may take a few minutes" popped up and won't go away. Any ideas?

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

I just flashed the ROM RazrX V1.2 and when I rebooted the phone and clicked the Android logo to get started, the "Please wait this may take a few minutes" popped up and won't go away. Any ideas?

Did you let the ROM settle? The kernel might be flipping out if you didn't.

From RAZRX's OP

INSTALL THE ROM AND WALK AWAY!!! LET THE ROM SETTLE!!!
RUSHING THE KERNEL WILL ONLY CAUSE YOU ISSUES

#3 Kyle6552

Kyle6552

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

Honestly I am new to this and don't know how I do that. And if I didn't, what can I do?

#4 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Letting a ROM settle is quite literally just letting it set. Even after the screen looks ready, it should still be given some time to sit. Generally, 15 minutes is more than enough. This allows some of the background tasks to finish running.

How long has it been stuck at that screen?

If you hit Home, can you get to the launcher? If so, you could always hop back into Bootstrap/Safestrap and do a Factory Reset then reflash the ROM. There might be a simpler method, but I like to do things thoroughly to ensure nothing gets missed.

#5 Kyle6552

Kyle6552

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

Probably 30 minutes. And no the only way to get away from this screen is to drag down the notification bar or shut it off

#6 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

I would probably boot into Motorola's recovery then, and do a factory reset from there. You will lose root and such, but that can be redone simply.

To get into Motorola's recovery follow these steps...

1. Power off your phone (Power + Vol Down is a force shut off if the screen is ever frozen)
2. Hold Vol Up + Vol Down, while holding them begin holding Power
You'll get to a screen of black and white text. On this page, the controls are... Vol Down = Cycle down the list, Vol Up = Select current item
3. Select Recovery
After a minute, you'll end up with a page that has a triangle and an exclamation mark
4. Hit Vol Up + Vol Down
You should now be in Motorola's recovery mode. The controls here are.... Vol Up = Cycle up the list, Vol Down = cycle down the list, Power = Select current item

#7 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

After doing the factory reset, reboot the phone from the option in recovery and give it a few minutes to settle this time ;) Failing to let things settle rarely causes major issues, but it is definitely capable of causing them.

Hopefully this works for you, otherwise I hate to say it but I'm going to have to let someone else step in as I need to get to bed (gotta be up for work in 3 hours). Worst case scenario, you can always use Matt's utility to have a guaranteed recovery although you'll be back on .748 and need to re-update/root/etc.

#8 Kyle6552

Kyle6552

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

That still didn't do it. Any other ideas?

#9 Kyle6552

Kyle6552

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Anyone?

#10 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

If you still are stuck I'd rsd back to .744 or use Batman's utility to restore to .748... afterward go back to stock recovery and wipe everything... if your problem persists after that you're probably sol... I hate to say that but if a full sbf/rsd doesn't solve your problem I don't think anything will...

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#11 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Instead of touching the android try tapping the four corners of your screen clockwise. Top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left.. I had to do that on my bionic to and my raze a couple times.

It should bypass setup then you can add your accounts in settings.

Sent from my XT912

#12 scottysize

scottysize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:scottysize
  • Google+:scottysize
  • LocationSanger, TX

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:31 AM

Go reload everything by doing what this says:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

RAZR No Longer.  Currently running the LG G2 and HTC One (M8)

Time for Moto to update the line!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users