125 replies to this topic

#21 gtelnet

gtelnet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

If you can't get data working at all, confirm that you weren't running .748 before you installed this build; if you were, then you should install the 1/27 build which was intended for the .748 system. I had the same data issue and rolled back to the 1/27 build and the gsm/cdma toggle works perfectly.

So a question I have that I haven't been able to find an answer to - if I'm running .748, how to do I upgrade to the .175 build so that I can install the .175 build of ic3razr?

EDIT: think i found the answer here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And one last question - does anyone know when will the camera work? OK, OK, JUST KIDDING - I just thought I might receive a prize for being the 1000th person to ask this question : )

EDIT: Still couldn't find an answer to this one : )

#22 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

I have had no issues with data after the initial toggle to "GSM only" then to "CDMA / GSM". It does fall off after a reboot for me though but that's it. Otherwise, once camera and adb are working this thing will be PERFECT. (IMO)

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#23 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

My Verizon doesn't work, even after flashing the GNex zip

#24 frankyvee

frankyvee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Devs time to bring on the ICS love.
We now know Moto has put all of us on the back burner...
  • tweakhax likes this

#25 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

My Verizon doesn't work, even after flashing the GNex zip

My Verizon works great for me. I used root explorer to put it in /system/app, set permissions, and rebooted.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#26 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hey does anyone know how to get apps which require the mic to work?

EDIT: Just confirmed that phone speaker and mix doesn't work

Sent From The Cutting Edge Of My Droid RAZR
Posted Image

#27 tweakhax

tweakhax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Google+:116149427927563718815
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

If you can't get data working at all, confirm that you weren't running .748 before you installed this build (referring to the 2-14 build)

I don't even think the latest versions (2-9 and 2-14) even boot when you flash onto a .748 system. At least it didn't for me. Just hung at a black screen.
Dedicated to preserving the art of the Crackflasher ---- Where's my stylus?

#28 bb12489

bb12489

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

If you can't get data working at all, confirm that you weren't running .748 before you installed this build; if you were, then you should install the 1/27 build which was intended for the .748 system. I had the same data issue and rolled back to the 1/27 build and the gsm/cdma toggle works perfectly.

I OTA'ed to 173 before installing ICS 2-14. I had the same issue on 2-9 as well. I have a strong signal on stock 173, but its as i said...the data will work for a limited time. There will still show signal on 3g or 4g, and txt messages/phone calls work, but theres no active data on that signal for the market, browser or other apps to use. It's just grayed out signal bars, not blue.

#29 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

I OTA'ed to 173 before installing ICS 2-14. I had the same issue on 2-9 as well. I have a strong signal on stock 173, but its as i said...the data will work for a limited time. There will still show signal on 3g or 4g, and txt messages/phone calls work, but theres no active data on that signal for the market, browser or other apps to use. It's just grayed out signal bars, not blue.

I had that issue on 2-9. I flashed 2-14 yesterday and it was hit and miss until about 11 am today. Seems to be working alright now though. Sent from my XT912

#30 gtelnet

gtelnet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

I don't even think the latest versions (2-9 and 2-14) even boot when you flash onto a .748 system. At least it didn't for me. Just hung at a black screen.

I flashed 2/9 over .748 (doh!) a week ago and it booted fine but data never worked; spent days trying to figure it out until I saw that it required .175; I flashed the 1/27 release on top of the 2/9 release and all started working today.

I'm looking to flash the upgrade to .173 today - does anyone know if it's safe to flash .173 on top of my rooted abysm .748? or must I rsd back to stock .748 before installing .173?

#31 orcsbane13

orcsbane13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

I flashed 2/9 over .748 (doh!) a week ago and it booted fine but data never worked; spent days trying to figure it out until I saw that it required .175; I flashed the 1/27 release on top of the 2/9 release and all started working today.

I'm looking to flash the upgrade to .173 today - does anyone know if it's safe to flash .173 on top of my rooted abysm .748? or must I rsd back to stock .748 before installing .173?

I'm pretty sure you need to rsd back. Simply flashing .173 won't give you the new kernel or radios needed for the 2/9 and 2/14 builds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#32 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

And one last question - does anyone know when will the camera work? OK, OK, JUST KIDDING - I just thought I might receive a prize for being the 1000th person to ask this question : )

EDIT: Still couldn't find an answer to this one : )

The Camera is being worked on by Hashcode. From what I have seen th3ory say, is that to get the Camera to work, it needs to be completely re-wrote and built from scratch, which is what Hashcode is currently doing. Just give it some time, he'll get there.

#33 orcsbane13

orcsbane13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Has anyone tried flashing this while on .176? I just tried it and all I would get is a black screen. Need to know if I did something wrong or if it just needs to be updated.

Fyi I was running it just fine on .173, .174 and .175.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TapatalkNot sure how but my download of the rom got corrupted. Redownloaded both rom and gapps and it worked.

#34 marcusw3

marcusw3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

Damn, don't know what I did wrong, but I cleared everything as suggested, installed on phone (updated) and I am stuck in boot loop. Any suggestions? Damn, this post makes me feel like a noobie.

#35 tweakhax

tweakhax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Google+:116149427927563718815
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Damn, don't know what I did wrong, but I cleared everything as suggested, installed on phone (updated) and I am stuck in boot loop. Any suggestions? Damn, this post makes me feel like a noobie.

Did you do a data/cache wipe?
  • ViaCapita likes this
Dedicated to preserving the art of the Crackflasher ---- Where's my stylus?

#36 marcusw3

marcusw3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Did you do a data/cache wipe?

Yes, did all of that. Boot loop was going on for quite a while. I told myself to be patient and let it run its course. Now the darn phone's battery is dead and it is stuck at the fastboot menu and says the boot failed etc.... HA!! Lame!! It is not this roms fault. I can promise you that. I have used o.p.'s roms before and have had zero problems, this is my error. At least these phones are easy to open. Just need to switch out the battery because it would appear the phone is not charging now.

Any ideas on how to charge the battery now? :)

Update: Fixed! Jumped the battery at the battery terminals under the back cover! Badass phone! Simple and beautiful, much like this rom!!

#37 ViaCapita

ViaCapita

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/luekassvaya

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

I'm in the same boat. This isn't my first run with flashing a new ROM and this one has given me some trouble. I OTA'd to .173 rooted today. Using safestrap, installed zip from SD card and wiped data, cache, and dalvic cache.

I'm on my third try and it wont boot (formatted and reinstalled once already). Once I pass the safestrap screen I can't get it to boot after 15 minutes. I'm sure its something simple I forgot. Any ideas?

#38 J-Droid65

J-Droid65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:22 AM

I'm in the same boat. This isn't my first run with flashing a new ROM and this one has given me some trouble. I OTA'd to .173 rooted today. Using safestrap, installed zip from SD card and wiped data, cache, and dalvic cache.

I'm on my third try and it wont boot (formatted and reinstalled once already). Once I pass the safestrap screen I can't get it to boot after 15 minutes. I'm sure its something simple I forgot. Any ideas?

Said you installed zip, then wiped. Should be opposite. Also didn't mention *format system* which must be done using safestrap.
Wipe data/cache/mounts&storage/format system/wipe dalvic/install zip ex SD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#39 Falconone

Falconone

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

Hey does anyone know how to get apps which require the mic to work?

EDIT: Just confirmed that phone speaker and mix doesn't work

Sent From The Cutting Edge Of My Droid RAZR

For me the speaker and mike won't work if I have bluetooth enabled. Disabled everything works fine.

I'm also having issues with data remaining enabled even after going into the phone settings and following the directions in the op. Usually goes out after a few hours, rebooting and changing the phone settings only brings it back temporarily.

#40 Sgerena

Sgerena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

OK love the rom works really good. My only question is the bt works but when connected and talking through my ear piece I get a lot of noise and its really hard to hear. Anyway to fix this. Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ICS, IC3RAZR, dhacker29

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users