• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Twitter:Ramdanih7
  • Google+:Ramdanih
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

From twitter @Motorola

ICS timing update! Everything you need to know about device-specific updates on ICS timing is right here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#2 zoo16

zoo16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

I was hoping Razr was a little further along than just "Evaluation and Planning".

#3 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

further details to follow? oh great, we might see ICS this time next year. these people develop on their schedule with no regard for the people who bought their products. In yet, we keep giving them money and believing their lies.

BTW, they pulled the linked page

#4 Ramdanih

Ramdanih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Twitter:Ramdanih7
  • Google+:Ramdanih
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

More info about ICS from Motorola ;-)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• PHASE 1 – EVALUATION & PLANNING: During this phase, we evaluate the benefits, technical issues and user experience of an upgrade. Generally, we are not able to provide release dates in this stage. There are also some cases in which we can state that an upgrade will happen but are not able to provide a release date. Please note that some products that enter the Evaluation and Planning phase may not complete the upgrade cycle.
  • PHASE 2 – DEVELOPMENT: This phase represents the development of the software upgrade. When a device is in the Development Phase, we will provide an estimated calendar quarter for its availability. This date and the development activities are subject to change.
  • PHASE 3 – TESTING: Testing is an important phase to ensure that an upgrade works properly and delivers an improved experience. Testing time may vary depending on the device and carrier requirements. Once a potential upgrade enters this phase, Motorola Mobility will provide the approximate month that we expect an over-the-air (OTA) upgrade to become available to consumers. Availability still depends upon completion of testing and certification by carriers or relevant authorities.
  • PHASE 4 – AVAILABLE: Once the upgrade is approved by the carrier or local regulators, Motorola Mobility will note on this site that the software is available. In most cases, consumers will receive a notification on their device that the OTA upgrade is available. An available upgrade or update may be rolled out over a period of time in order to best manage the deployment volume and experience. At times, a small testing group is provided the upgrade before it's made available to a larger group. On your Motorola Android Phone or Tablet, you can go to Settings ⇒ About Phone/Tablet ⇒ System Updates to manually check for an OTA upgrade. All estimated release dates are based on available information and are subject to change.

#5 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:01 AM

I told you it was "we'll get there when we get there." - I hate being right all the time :P

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#6 Thwip

Thwip

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

Looks like the rest of the world will be testing it for us.

#7 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

Since I'm running ICS on my RAZR right now I honestly dont care about moto's realease schedule. I'm sure we'll have a fully working CM9 or AOSP ICS long before Moto gets around to caring.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#8 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

The wifi xoom already has it there is no excuse f### motorola never again there conartests thank god for are amazing developers!!!!!

#9 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

f** Moto...after the Razr, I am done. Total f%$king bull$#!+.
  • Mazler420 and leviwg like this
Posted Image

#10 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

I have a sneaking suspicion that what this means is that vzw has to figure out how to lock it down & bloat it up before we get it. Or they just want Google to fix it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#11 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

I have a sneaking suspicion that what this means is that vzw has to figure out how to lock it down & bloat it up before we get it. Or they just want Google to fix it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

if its not even in development how dose verizon have a say yet?

#12 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

Q2 YESSSSSS...... Oh wait that's only for EVERYONE ELSE

#13 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

In the meantime maybe I'll just order some "Drugs Pills" from the other new post! Hopefully something in there will make me forget.

#14 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Q2 YESSSSSS...... Oh wait that's only for EVERYONE ELSE

HTC by end of March.
Samsung by March 1st.

Stay classy Motorola!!!!!

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#15 en7gm4

en7gm4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/en7gm4
  • LocationtEXas

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

this is why you don't trust companies they will take your money and screw you literally with no vaseline and expect you to smile and take it while they're doing it.

#16 Motorulz

Motorulz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationDayton Ohio

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

Fingers still crossed hoping that it happens sooner rather than later.. Won't give up on Moto just yet. I love the build quality of their products and my Razr MAXX is an amazing phone ICS or not..

#17 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

I wonder when windows 97 will drop for the Razr...
  • Hardtime3015, dawg72 and leviwg like this

#18 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

As soon as the camera is fixed on the ICS rom out now it won,t matter anyway..
  • frankyvee, Mazler420 and dawg72 like this

#19 ericbee

ericbee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:magicaldustman

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

I just got my Razr to see this. After moto admitted to releasing bugged updates for the Droid X again and again, I only went with the Razr to replace my lost phone because of how slim it was, the great battery on the Maxx, and the fact that they said ICS was on its way soon. This is not what I call soon. I might just send this thing back, as I am fed up with their BS.

#20 jasper1931

jasper1931

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

I am sitting in the next building to them in Libertyville. I just want to throw my phone at one of the developers when they come out. How can they put the Razr at the bottom of the list????? :) Kidding no violence but come on!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ICS, Razr, Motorola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users