Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:53 AM

I hate to say it but i fully expected this. I had sworn off moto before due to late updates and locked bootloaders. But im a fiend and was tweeking for something new. The nex was pushed back and razr was available. So.. once i had the razr i must admit this is the best phone i have ever owned. Hands down battery and all. Then nex came out sporting ics, i questioned my decision and aent and played with nex and imediatly realized the razr is better device. Then the razr maxx. Uuggh. I never cared about the slimnes of the razr and would have rather had a max, but i still get a full day of heavy use on 3g so not a big big deal, but still it was messed up. And now they announce this ics bs. MAN! Its something i new would happen but hoped it wouldn't. But hear lies the problem.. i still think razr is the best device out right now. ( this is my opinion) . And yes i would love ics, but really and more importantly (to me) the unlocked bootloader. We have always had and always will have a better dev community than moto. If we were unlocked, we would probly never have to use a moto ota again.
Yes they lied (they always have) yes they screwed us (they always have) yes ILL say screw moto ill never again (i always have) and yes they will make another solid device and ill come back (i always have). All aside they still make top product. If i could get a nex razr hibryd life would be great, but untill then ill rant with the best of em. :P
(Sorry for bad grammer n typo im @ therepy on my razr lol)

sliced by my Razr on Tapatalk
  • The Kid and jeffathammnet like this

Posted Image

#22 ericbee

ericbee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:magicaldustman

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

Why are people mentioning Q2 in here? That schedule seems like Q2 is not a possability.

I just got my Razr Maxx in the mail yesterday, and while I am enjoying the phone. I probably would have went with a nexus or rezound with an extended battery. I was frustrated with the buggy updated for my previous phone, the Motorola Droid X. They broke features I used regualrly twice, but at least they admitted it. I can probably dig up the article for you.

#23 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

First they said Q1, then Q2, now their saying "f%$k if we know".

The fact that IC3 is going to be better than whatever blur smothered $#!+
moto pumps out (you can already see it in the alleged leaked design photo of their first ICS phone), and that I don't particularly like ICS is keeping me from stepping on my Razr

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

:-D :-D

#24 bamsemh

bamsemh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

here is the info :D europe is still saying Q2 :D

#25 ericbee

ericbee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:magicaldustman

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

Ah. Now I see, but for the US it bascially says.... "who knows?" I wonder how different they really are.

#26 Greeny173

Greeny173

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, Ohio

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

Even when we get ICS I bet September,other smartphones will run

Android Jelly Bean. So.. yeah,life sucks sometimes.

I love me some Jelly Bean!! :D

#27 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

It's pushed back to "whenever Google will do it."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#28 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

Eh. Tell me what Android 4.0.X provides in the kernel that makes it superior to Android 2.3.X - at least on the RAZR. What we see from the outside are themes and apps, which are already being copied or surpassed in ROMs based on the OS we have now.. Face unlock? When I greet my phone straight out of bed looking like the Bride of Frankenstein is face unlock really going to work? Slide to unlock (all praise and royalties be to Apple) is faster anyway. Of course eventually one will have to move on to ICS because apps will stop being compatible with Gingerbread, but by the time that happens, I'll bet most people here will be on another phone. I don't even like the ICS themes I see, so if it does come to RAZR I'll be looking for a blur theme to replace it. Lack of ICS on RAZR doesn't keep me up at night. Call quality is most important to me, and Moto gives me that - THAT's why I chose the RAZR, not the promise of ICS.

What Android needs is a "killer app". Apple may have found it in Siri. What is Google's? Maybe devs should think about that because the one who invents it could become filthy rich.

Just some rambling thoughts.
  • DrDavePepper and jpm like this

#29 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

I wonder if Moto/Google people actually know about this or care. I've been saying it for two months now. I can tell you that my next phone will not be a moto device

#30 RAZRW1R3D

RAZRW1R3D

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:adamp83
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

I'm happy with my RAZR Maxx. Yeah it sucks that ICS got pushed back to who knows when, but that wasn't the reason I bought the phone. Besides, most developer's builds of ICS for the RAZR are buggy and half of the crap doesn't even work.

Just load an ICS theme and go on with your life. ;)

#31 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

I'm happy with my RAZR Maxx. Yeah it sucks that ICS got pushed back to who knows when, but that wasn't the reason I bought the phone. Besides, most developer's builds of ICS for the RAZR are buggy and half of the crap doesn't even work.

Just load an ICS theme and go on with your life. ;)

Since when was a camera half the crap that doesn't work? We are blessed to have so many GOOD ICS roms it isn't even fair for the guys that have unlocked bootloaders and worse ICS roms than the Razr devices :P

I'm gonna laugh if Moto throws us for a loop and says...okay we're tired of you guys bitc$%#g...so here's some Jelly Bean OS w/ some ICS and WM8 :P (I seriously doubt it though). We'll probably be getting ICS about the time every other flagship phone and non flagship phone from other manufacturers are get OTA's for Jelly Bean lol
Posted Image

#32 vhelioz

vhelioz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

Motorola cared about customers?

+1 on this..

i got RAZR after had a great time with defy,
even moto do really lame with their support, it have really wonderful developers community

i expect the same (or more with RAZR spec!)
but after a while, it totally different.... -_-

had CWM 5, but there's nothing to do more :rolleyes:

#33 CyberdineX

CyberdineX

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

ICS would be nice... but the GB version of RAZR is still awesome.
What I really want is Chrome Beta and for that I need ICS!!!

Moto lets get moving on this.
Google come on already, Release Chrome for all you phones. or at Least your Moto Phone since you now own the company...

#34 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Posted Image

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • ThaTwizzla likes this

:-D :-D

#35 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LOL!

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#36 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

ICS would be nice... but the GB version of RAZR is still awesome.
What I really want is Chrome Beta and for that I need ICS!!!

Moto lets get moving on this.
Google come on already, Release Chrome for all you phones. or at Least your Moto Phone since you now own the company...

After using chrome on ICS its definitely my favorite browser

#37 rnovak

rnovak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

That is true. Can't fault that point. I would rather not upgrade to ICS and have the bugs first. Would rather wait and let the rest of the world deal with those first. So I guess that's somewhat of a good thing.

I think this sentiment is kind of funny. It's the same thing I heard when I had my Droid X. "Oh, we dont want GB until everying is smooth", but even when they got it, it sucked.

Q2...... this sooo freakin lame.. How would you like it, if I decided to pay you for your phone sometime in April or maybe May or possibly in June..

No more Moto after this AAA battery Razr I'm stuck with. You release a double battery capacity razor three weeks after I bought the one with the lame battery.
Thanks Moto you sure know how to treat your most loyal customers...

Hey devs, bring on the ICS roms.... !@#$% waiting on lame a$$ Moto.

I think being taken over by Google, Motorola just doesn't care about its customers anymore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Here's the thing. Motorolla used to be the LEADING microcontroller manufacturer. At the time of the 68k processor, they were on top of their games. Then, someone decided "Hey, no one is ever going to use microcontrollers, like EVER, so screw that industry, lets just make phones". They have shown themselves to be a poor company, vision wise, it seems like their lead people know absolutely nothing about the industry, but hey, that's just my opinion

#38 latinoguy

latinoguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

This is my frist motorola divice the razr and I promise it will be the last one, I´m so dissapointment about motorola that I will never buy phones from this company.

#39 xbloodworkx

xbloodworkx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:cpoulter
  • Google+:bloodwork21@gmail.com
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

This is my frist motorola divice the razr and I promise it will be the last one, I´m so dissapointment about motorola that I will never buy phones from this company.

Agreed, I will only be going with phones that have unlockable bootloaders going forward. I miss my Evo 3D too bad Sprints network is so $#!+ty, dumped it to get the RAZR and have regretted my choice of Motorola ever since, great phone, but horrible at the same time.
Motorola Droid RAZR Stock Root 6.12.181.XT912 running Go Launcher + Amazon Kindle Fire AOKP KF Edition

#40 CURaven

CURaven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Eh. Tell me what Android 4.0.X provides in the kernel that makes it superior to Android 2.3.X - at least on the RAZR. What we see from the outside are themes and apps, which are already being copied or surpassed in ROMs based on the OS we have now.. Face unlock? When I greet my phone straight out of bed looking like the Bride of Frankenstein is face unlock really going to work? Slide to unlock (all praise and royalties be to Apple) is faster anyway. Of course eventually one will have to move on to ICS because apps will stop being compatible with Gingerbread, but by the time that happens, I'll bet most people here will be on another phone. I don't even like the ICS themes I see, so if it does come to RAZR I'll be looking for a blur theme to replace it. Lack of ICS on RAZR doesn't keep me up at night. Call quality is most important to me, and Moto gives me that - THAT's why I chose the RAZR, not the promise of ICS.

What Android needs is a "killer app". Apple may have found it in Siri. What is Google's? Maybe devs should think about that because the one who invents it could become filthy rich.

Just some rambling thoughts.

Man you were doing so well there...
Killer app? How about that call quality you mentioned? I think you have a great point and it's one that's not even a part of this debate. Makes me think I should check out some of these ROMs you mentioned. ICS can wait. I had ICS on my HD2 and although I miss a widget or two and can't tether (yet) I LOVE MY RAZR as is.

Edited by CURaven, 01 May 2012 - 05:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users