Photo

[How To] What Is Adb And How Do I Use It? Find Out How To Manipulate Your System Files

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 crodgers0618

crodgers0618

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for your help but im still getting adb not recognized so i think ill just give up but thanks trying to help...

#22 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Reinstall the drivers for Moto,use a working USB cable and USB port. Make sure you are on stock, not RazrX or IC3

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#23 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

If you are using safestrap it will show your device offline.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#24 crodgers0618

crodgers0618

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

i have deleted everything and started over twice. Igive up

#25 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

Sorry that we were not able to help you. If you are willing to try again, we are always here to help.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#26 Frogman

Frogman

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Device(s):Rooted Droid Razr with JB Aviator Rom

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

i have deleted everything and started over twice. Igive up

Sometimes try switching from a PC to a laptop. It may work.

#27 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Sometimes try switching from a PC to a laptop. It may work.

With a little bit of trouble shooting, I was able to get him set up and finished. I guess we should have posted that here lol. Thanks for the advice though.

#28 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Thank you very much for this useful guide! I am a complete noob when it comes to ADB - I've never had it set up before. By following this guide, in one attempt I successfully set up ADB & then ran the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. Some of the menus/options/phrasing is a bit different in Vista, but I got through it. Again, many thanks, this was easy!
  • Bignadad likes this

#29 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

I will be the first to admit that I am not the most knowledgeable with ADB and a lot of other things in the development community. But since I have gotten my Razr, I have learned more here than the entire time I had my OG Droid. Not only have I learned how to do things, but I am understanding the what and why aspect of it too (which I think is more important than just knowing how). Tonight for the first time, I really dived into ADB commands and playing around. I was doing this not only for myself but so that I have a better understanding of it and can help others better. Now granted, its like reading a alien language right now when I see all the code, but in time I will understand it better. I want to thank all the admins, moderators, developers, themers, damn i guess everyone for opening my eyes to this. This community is like a second family to me.

#30 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:tumblweed65
  • Google+:kend65
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

Adb is so much fun ain't it? It is a little bit easier for me (and I'm gonna show my age but) because I learned on a pc running nothing but DOS I still think windoze is to complicated lmao

Sent from a device of some sort. Maybe such a new device that I only had to think it..... BAM it is here

#31 OnTheLevel

OnTheLevel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

I know I am doing something wrong. I have tried both examples and still can not recognize adb. i think my environmental variables is wrong somehow. I bricked my droid razr and desperately need to flash a stock rom on it. In the first scroll box, I have adb, when double click or go to edit, I have...
Variable name: adb
Variable value: C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools

In the lower scroll box, i have under path...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin;C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools;C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools

I extracted the Razr1 file to my desktop. USBDeview recognizes my device. When I go to command promt and type: cd DesktopRazr1 The system can not find the path specified.
What do i need to do to correct this?

Thanks,
OnTheLevel

#32 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

Command is... Cd desktoprazr1

Sent from a device of some sort. Maybe such a new device that I only had to think it..... BAM it is here

#33 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

Double post

#34 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

When you open the cmd window what's there? I c:useryourname?

#35 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:12 AM

WOW why are my /'s getting Jacked?... Lol

#36 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

Go to my computer.... Browse through to your razr1 folder copy the path and paste it after the cd pastepathhere enter

#37 jayzonl

jayzonl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

I've got a buddy of mine who seems to have bricked his phone. Tried installing something via RSD and the process failed; I also think his battery died during this and he can no longer get it to boot. Keeps getting a low battery error, but plugging it in only seems to power the phone and not charge the battery. I don't believe he's able to get into fastboot mode either. My question is, can you recover from this using adb at all?? i.e. pushing the system.img??

Thanks for any responses.

#38 bikebuilderdude

bikebuilderdude

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

Question for the OP, are you creating a new user variable called "Path" or are you changing the system variable called "Path" in step 6? Following your steps, there is no user variable called "Path", but there is one in the system variables. Just wanted to clear this up before trying it. Thanks.

#39 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts
  • Twitter:bignadad
  • Google+:bignadad
  • LocationBishopville, SC
  • Current Device(s):DroidX, Bionic, Dinc2, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Gnex, Nex7, Xyboard

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:12 AM

Question for the OP, are you creating a new user variable called "Path" or are you changing the system variable called "Path" in step 6? Following your steps, there is no user variable called "Path", but there is one in the system variables. Just wanted to clear this up before trying it. Thanks.

hmm... Yours does not look like this?

I change the PATH in the user variables.

If yours is not there, just add it

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 bikebuilderdude

bikebuilderdude

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

Bignadad: I have two computers, one XP Pro and the other is Windows 7 and they are both missing the user "path" variable, so I will add it. Thanks for the quick reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users