• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:dunttt
  • Google+:jon36m@gmail.com
  • LocationChicago IL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

New to the RAZR HD community from an OG MAXX . OK so I've rooted and all the dev ROMs are based on the .39 leak but on my safe side my ROM is .41 can someone tell me if there any differences between the two . Probably not If no one bothered to deodex and zipalign right ? Forgive me if this is a dumb question I'm just trying to figure out the differences ? Is it just the bloatware difference and that's it? I noticed .41 to have a few different apps than the deodexed zipaligned .39

#2 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

I didn't notice much other than the fact that the newest version is official from VZW. The reason why no one has DD or zipaligned .41 is because with safestrap, you put your base OS on version .41, then it really doesn't matter if your ROM base is .39 or .41. Since it's running off the .41 Kernel, you're getting the same benefit of having that version installed.

#3 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

I didn't notice much other than the fact that the newest version is official from VZW. The reason why no one has DD or zipaligned .41 is because with safestrap, you put your base OS on version .41, then it really doesn't matter if your ROM base is .39 or .41. Since it's running off the .41 Kernel, you're getting the same benefit of having that version installed.

I figured it was pretty much identical so that's why we only have .39 deodexed . Thanks for the reply man its almost like a ghost town on this side of the fence! I hope to see more activity in the future with all these great developers upgrading from their OG RAZR's and OG MAXX's to (hopefully) hd's lol. I'm thinking of getting into the development community soon I just have to find time to do a lot of reading and practicing !

#4 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

I figured it was pretty much identical so that's why we only have .39 deodexed . Thanks for the reply man its almost like a ghost town on this side of the fence! I hope to see more activity in the future with all these great developers upgrading from their OG RAZR's and OG MAXX's to (hopefully) hd's lol. I'm thinking of getting into the development community soon I just have to find time to do a lot of reading and practicing !

Do it man, it's a lot of fun. I recommend you start off with building a theme to a ROM you run now. That will teach you how to use utilities and apktool. Not as time consuming as building a whole ROM, but still very rewarding. Also, I think dev support for this beast will only get better.

I need to get off my lazy arse and start updating my build. Just been crazy busy with my new job lately.

#5 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Any way to get straight from .39 to .41 with out fastbooting?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

#6 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Any way to get straight from .39 to .41 with out fastbooting?

If you took the ota update then you are on .41 now . The ROMs here are just based on .39 which is why I'm starting to believe I'm getting better performance and a little better battery life from my stock side . Im starting to think there may be some sort of a connection here . Either that or what some users have said its because of safe strap .
  • dunttt likes this

#7 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5, Nexus 10

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

Do it man, it's a lot of fun. I recommend you start off with building a theme to a ROM you run now. That will teach you how to use utilities and apktool. Not as time consuming as building a whole ROM, but still very rewarding. Also, I think dev support for this beast will only get better.

I need to get off my lazy arse and start updating my build. Just been crazy busy with my new job lately.

This right here... I knew next to nothing, but I started screwing around with the .39 base that was already deodexed and zipaligned and ended up releasing a rom of my own. It turns out to be really fun, but it's time consuming if you're a tad on the ocd side like me.

Posted Image

#8 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

If you took the ota update then you are on .41 now . The ROMs here are just based on .39 which is why I'm starting to believe I'm getting better performance and a little better battery life from my stock side . Im starting to think there may be some sort of a connection here . Either that or what some users have said its because of safe strap .

This did not answer my question.

I have been on rooted .39 for a while and am disappointed in performance compared to my wife's stock .41 phone.

#9 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

This did not answer my question.

I have been on rooted .39 for a while and am disappointed in performance compared to my wife's stock .41 phone.

So even you are seeing a difference in performance between the two builds . I think im going to read into learning how to deodex this .41 build . No one else seems to think its any difference between the two but at this point ive heard this from 4 different people.

#10 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Absolutely a difference IMO. I was running stock .39 with BigDX theme and wife is chillin non rooted up to date stock .41. Major lag for me she never complains

But I did have Safe strap installed so I cannot rule that out either...

#11 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Just so we're clear... What kind of lag is everyone experiencing? I want to try and replicate it on my phone between stock and a rom to see if I can see the same sorts of things.

Posted Image

#12 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

General Lag for me. Nothing particular. Opening apps, typing, etc.

#13 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

General Lag for me. Nothing particular. Opening apps, typing, etc.

Same here
I'm going to go on ics for a while to compare the differences in the safestrap version of ics and the stock side of ics. That way we can determine if its safe strap vs .39/.41

#14 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

Same here
I'm going to go on ics for a while to compare the differences in the safestrap version of ics and the stock side of ics. That way we can determine if its safe strap vs .39/.41

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Bone stock .41 is gravy in stock slot. Gonna run this for a while then stock ..41 in slot 1 to test difference

#16 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Bone stock .41 is gravy in stock slot. Gonna run this for a while then stock ..41 in slot 1 to test difference

you have .41 flashable in safestrap? I never thought to just run .41 odexed on safe strap. Do either of you guys have a safetrap .41 I could run? Of that runs better than .39 then I'll definitely be learning how to deodex it. There's a chance we could all be wrong about not being a difference in .39 and .41. But who knows right we can always try it out.

#17 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hit me with the link to flashable .41 and I will run it

#18 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Hit me with the link to flashable .41 and I will run it

Me as well
Maybe someone will create a rom based on .41 lol wishful thinking

#19 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

Me as well
Maybe someone will create a rom based on .41 lol wishful thinking

If it gets deodexed and zipaligned, I wouldn't mind upgrading my rom to .41

I don't know how intensive deodexing and zipaligning is.

Posted Image

#20 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

If it gets deodexed and zipaligned, I wouldn't mind upgrading my rom to .41

I don't know how intensive deodexing and zipaligning is.

I've heard it takes around 8 hours at least! :-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users