Photo

Skin Or Cover To Protect Your Razr/maxx? What Kind?

skin cover protector maxx

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 bubbasixx

bubbasixx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:bubbasixx

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

I am trying to figure out what to do to protect my MAXX while still keeping its thinness. I don't want to have any type of case that will bulk it up. The other thing that sucks is that the RAZR MAXX car mount does not fit the device with any type of case on it even though the box says it does. I know the RAZR mount has the removable piece but for some reason my MAXX mount does not.

I currently have the holster/shell combo, which is awesome for protection and carrying but I hate having to take it out of the shell to put on my mount every time I get in the car..

What I would ideally like to have is some type of skin on it and then use a standard holster so that there is no actual case on the phone. I have been looking at some of the different skins and have seen the Skinomi and ArmorSuit but I have never talked to anyone that has used one so I just don't know.

Any suggestions?

#2 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

I have the maxx with one of the standard gel/soft plastic slip cases. Even with that it won't fit in the moto docs (car or desktop). Theres too much of a bump near the connections which prevent the connectors to be pushed all the way in. So I just took some scissors and cut just enough so that I don't have to take it out of the case to connect. Worked just fine and the case still holds on tight. Just a thought.

#3 DTrainMusikVein

DTrainMusikVein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Google+:donotippett21
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

vinylskins.com

#4 scottysize

scottysize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:scottysize
  • Google+:scottysize
  • LocationSanger, TX

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

I just ordered 2 of these from a member for wifey's Razr and my Maxx.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

RAZR No Longer.  Currently running the LG G2 and HTC One (M8)

Time for Moto to update the line!

#5 bubbasixx

bubbasixx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:19 AM

I just ordered 2 of these from a member for wifey's Razr and my Maxx.

I thought about one of those. They are just a decal though and not a full protecting skin. The decal is sweet but I am trying to find full body protection. (For my phone you dirty people)

#6 bubbasixx

bubbasixx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

vinylskins.com

Have you used one of these? They look nice but there was no RAZR MAXX listed and they seem to be more like a skin from skinit than a protective covering.

#7 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Get one from Spigen. They are insanely awesome
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#8 koreanschoolkid

koreanschoolkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

Have you used one of these? They look nice but there was no RAZR MAXX listed and they seem to be more like a skin from skinit than a protective covering.

I would also like to know this. Skinit also has the Razr listed and they say "Razr/Razr Maxx" but I just don't know for sure.

#9 Kyle

Kyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:kgreggs105
  • Google+:kgreggs105
  • LocationPittsfield, Ma

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

Anyone use those Skinomi full body skins? I'm considering buying one for my maxx because I still want the thiness but there isn't any reviews on them and I don't want to buy something if it doesn't work as good as it's supposed to. Anyone know anything about those skins and how well they work?
  • dustincook87 likes this

#10 scottysize

scottysize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:scottysize
  • Google+:scottysize
  • LocationSanger, TX

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

I thought about one of those. They are just a decal though and not a full protecting skin. The decal is sweet but I am trying to find full body protection. (For my phone you dirty people)

Nope. No protection, just cool. LOL In order for the Maxx to fit in my car dock, I can't run a case, so I'll be staying "naked"
Posted Image

RAZR No Longer.  Currently running the LG G2 and HTC One (M8)

Time for Moto to update the line!

#11 oswall1065

oswall1065

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

incipio case

#12 arsenic1234

arsenic1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

i went with the verizon holster / case combo
isn't very large and still makes me feel like i have it protected while i slip it in and out of the holster during the day

#13 bubbasixx

bubbasixx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Anyone use those Skinomi full body skins? I'm considering buying one for my maxx because I still want the thiness but there isn't any reviews on them and I don't want to buy something if it doesn't work as good as it's supposed to. Anyone know anything about those skins and how well they work?

These were the ones I was mostly looking at on Amazon. I also checked out their website and they seem to be pretty legit. I just have never seen one to know if they are worth it. Armorsuit also seemed to have a decent website and they seem to be nearly identical to the Skinomi skins.

Hopefully someone, somewhere will know someone with one of these so they can tel us.

#14 bubbasixx

bubbasixx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

i went with the verizon holster / case combo
isn't very large and still makes me feel like i have it protected while i slip it in and out of the holster during the day

That's what I am using too. It is a great option for protection and carrying. I just hate to have to keep taking it out of the case portion to put it in my window mount.

#15 bubbasixx

bubbasixx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Nope. No protection, just cool. LOL In order for the Maxx to fit in my car dock, I can't run a case, so I'll be staying "naked"

Naked, but with a skin is what I am looking for. Then I want a standard, snap-in holster to carry it.

I hate that the dock does not fit any case. It's a pain to keep taking it off every time I get in the car.

Now, I may get one fo these decals and see if it would fit under one of the skins. It is pretty cool looking.

#16 gsk3rd

gsk3rd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the pixels

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:38 AM

I have both dock and car dock. This cases work with the car dock but will not charge with the dock. Working on a solution.

Moto Razr 32gb white

#17 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

I have both dock and car dock. This cases work with the car dock but will not charge with the dock. Working on a solution.

this one is for reg razr isnt it?

#18 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Honestly I would suggest the Otterbox Defender series. I have it on mine and am extremely happy with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#19 phire

phire

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

With how durable the RAZR is, I'm not worried about damaging it as I don't work on a construction site all day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#20 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

With how durable the RAZR is, I'm not worried about damaging it as I don't work on a construction site all day.

I end up spending about an hour a day in a machine shop and I haven't managed to show any signs if wear on mine yet either no protector.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin cover protector, maxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users