Photo

Skin Or Cover To Protect Your Razr/maxx? What Kind?

skin cover protector maxx

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

I just picked up one of the soft gel cases from Verizon and I love it. Its not taking a lot away from the thin build yet gives a nice little bit of protection. The button covers that are part of the case actually make the buttons A LOT easier to depress, almost as if they function and respond better.

My RAZR Bleeds Awesomeness!!

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#22 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

I'm using the Seidio active, white gloss case and it's perfect for me.
  • portscan likes this

#23 Trooper

Trooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

Do you guys have the Razr or Razr MAXX?

/me needs a case!

#24 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

All these threads are right below this one:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

:-D :-D

#25 Greeny173

Greeny173

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, Ohio

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

I would highly recommend the Otterbox Defender not only from the viewpoint of how it fits the phone and protects it from droppage, but also for the great warranty that Otterbox stands behind. I had purchased the Otterbox Defender for my Razr and the clips that hold open the ratcheting belt loop bracket snapped off. I contacted Otterbox and in a day I received instructions to take a picture of the busted clips from two angles, and take one with my name, address, and phone number on a plain sheet of paper alongside my broken case. Emailed that back in and within one week I had received, not just a new case, but a complete Otterbox Defender kit. Now that is a fantastic company and great customer service. :)

#26 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

Just ordered me an Otterbox Commuter :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#27 xeene

xeene

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

check these out

i have it for my galaxy nexus and ordered a couple for my wife's razr maxx. should have it next week.

#28 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

check these out

i have it for my galaxy nexus and ordered a couple for my wife's razr maxx. should have it next week.

Wow those are really cool.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#29 mark_lynn1827

mark_lynn1827

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

I am a big fan of skin cover used in protecting mobiles and laptop. I want to know about which one is your most liked skin cover for your expensive mobiles.

#30 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

I'm using the Seidio active, white gloss case and it's perfect for me.

+1 on this one.. I have the same one, but I got the pearl white. I went with the holster combo. Love it.
Posted Image

#31 aceunderfire

aceunderfire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

They do have great customer service. I dropped my maxx probably 100 times now and although it protects it very well my phone is all scratched up around the corners from the case not fitting snug enough. I had to take a real thin rubber pad and put it behind my phone. I also had to remove the screen protector from the case clean all the tape off and put a zagg on it... I then tried a trident kraken because it puts the rubber on the inside of the case. Better protection but the hard plastic outer case is too big and slippery. I ended up just using the inner rubber case from the trident with my zagg screen protector...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#32 Stealthyscooby

Stealthyscooby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

if your opposed to a "case" i'm running the bodyguardz.com armor vinyl.

#33 Toxicwolf

Toxicwolf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Google+:116448988752166128281

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

This is the case I use. I looks cool, works great and doesn't cost an arm & a leg! I like it!

#34 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

I have a CruiserLite case and love it. Since I have insurance, I'm not too worried about the screen. I've never accidentally cracked a screen yet *knock on wood*

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#35 thaijunk

thaijunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

I have a bestskinsever skin. It's pretty good. Sticks on well except for one side where I believe I mistakenly messed around with too much. They were kind enough to send a free replacement. I think it's good for the price and keeps my phone sleek and sexy like it was naked.

Sent from my pager using Tapatalk.

#36 GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

The Cruzerlite Androidified is my current case and it is pretty nice, although it's probably not a lot of protection. It looks good and feels good in the hand but unfortunately doesn't work with the hd dock (the part across the top prevents the phone from pushing all the way onto the plugs, I may try to file down the dock to fix this though). I have also just ordered the Incipio Silicrylic case, which was released this week. It looks like more protection, closer to otterbox but smaller. Also the top is more open so hopefully it will work with the HD dock. I'm also hopeful it will fit with my regular razr car dock with the insert removed. I'll report back here after I get it. The silicryilic is only $30 and Incipio currently has a 20% off sale one everything with the code SUM2012, so I picked it up for only $24 with free shipping.

#37 Jumphouse

Jumphouse

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

Nope. No protection, just cool. LOL In order for the Maxx to fit in my car dock, I can't run a case, so I'll be staying "naked"
Posted Image

I sport the car dock all the time & found that the silicone one from the Vstore was the best option for me. I can whip it off really quick

& then slip it into the dock. Also, bcz it's really silicone (frm Vstore - so real product, no knock-off) it hasn't stretched one bit in the 7+ months I've had it.

Sure it's a pain, but after dropping it once on the ground w/ the case on & no damage to the phone = worth the extra few seconds to take it on & off for the car ride... :D

#38 droid4life

droid4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID Razr XT912, Samsung Nexus 10, ASUS Nexus 7 all with CM 10.1

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

i have the defender otterbox, i like it at first but as it starts to wear out the silicone starts to get too shiny and it bugs me. as of now I don't have a case on it and all of sudden my screen started getting scratched. buuuummmmmmmer!

#39 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

I have a cheap 20 dollar cover that's almost ics blue

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin cover protector, maxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic