mattfox27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:@Mattfox27
  • Google+:Mattfox27@gmail.com (Gtalk)
  • LocationSoCali

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Everytime i try to use netflix i get this error while the media is trying to start to play it says "cannot connect to Netflix services error 1009" I called and looked around everywhere and everyone said to do a factory reset and that would fix the issue well it doesn't, anyone else having problems with Netflix?
Don't take me too seriously, its only my opinion...

#2 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

What rom/system version are you running?

#3 RazrSharpJoel

RazrSharpJoel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

Netflix says that they require a minimum of 1.5mb download to connect to Netflix server. I just got off the phone with Verizon and apparently there is an alert on the 173 update with data connectivity. The update is slowing phones down and messing with connections

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZR SHARP RAZR MAXX ROCKIN ECLIPSE FRANKENSTEIN AND A SUPER LONG SIGNATURE

#4 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

Ran into this tonight. I have a strong wifi connection at home, I don't understand why this issue would occur if the problem is with data on stock .173? I don't recall running into this previously, but according to my Netflix history the last movie I watched was on 1/23. It's been a while for me, but I sure hope there is a fix soon though!

#5 mattfox27

mattfox27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSoCali

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

Ya i have been speaking with netflix and troubleshooting they say everything is good on there end and since not many Razrs are having this issue that there was nothing more they could do..

I restored my phone to stock, erased and SBF'd everything to .173 kept it stock unrooted and i still got that error, I also re sbf'd back to .748 firmware and still got the error on that. Its funny because verizon stores netflix in the system directory so you can't even remove without root. I rooted and removed from phone and reinstalled market version and still got 1009 error I ordered the streaming only package and there are 2 places to use it, at home and on my new fancy Razr that was one of the reasons i finally got netflix....LAME

Im on a strong 4G and Wifi connection 20mb D/L this is BS.
  • jimyv likes this

#6 mattfox27

mattfox27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSoCali

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

What rom/system version are you running?

Stock/ .173

#7 runner1717

runner1717

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

Had this happen on my Droid X a year or so ago. Same thing happened on my RAZR a couple of weeks ago out of the blue. Talked with Netflix advanced support and they could not resolve it.

The only solution that worked both times was to back everything with Titianum Backup (apps & system data) and do a factory reset and check to see if Netflix works. Once that's done, do a full TI restore of everything and Netflix should still work.

Whatever the problem is, it's not a setting in the data because a full restore (apps & system data) doesn't make the problem reappear.

Mike

#8 mattfox27

mattfox27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSoCali

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

I tried doing the full system restore and it still didn't work even stock before restoring anything...

#9 runner1717

runner1717

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Don't just do an SBF. Do a factory data reset under settings on the phone.

Mike

I tried doing the full system restore and it still didn't work even stock before restoring anything...

#10 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

It's gotta be an issue with the app & our Razrs. I had it on stock (although not pre .173) & now also on Eclipse, after I installed it from the market. More people need to report it to Netflix I think!
  • jimyv likes this

#11 mattfox27

mattfox27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSoCali

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Don't just do an SBF. Do a factory data reset under settings on the phone.

Mike

Yes i did that also...sbf'd + factory reset also tried in reverse order and also just a factory reset no SBF still 1009 error. I have tried on all different versions of firmware .648 .8whatever .173 still error. I have cleared app data/cache removed Verizon bloat version, installed new, old older versions of netflix still 1009 error. The person from netflix says its a security error they see my phone loggin in but there servers are rejecting it. They then said they could by-pass it for me but then said other people with razrs are not having any issues so they couldn't do it for me... :(

#12 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

I've ran into this error but it seems to be random. I'll get the error, restart Netflix and get it to work probably %75 of the time (sometimes taking a couple restarts)

I don't think anyone knows what the issue is, but one thing I have noticed is when getting the error when running a custom ROM (every ROM I've tried), I can toggle to my non-safe side and 9/10 times get it to work.

But again other times while on a custom ROM it works fine. Really weird...

:-D :-D

#13 scottysize

scottysize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:scottysize
  • Google+:scottysize
  • LocationSanger, TX

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

It's gotta be an issue with the app & our Razrs. I had it on stock (although not pre .173) & now also on Eclipse, after I installed it from the market. More people need to report it to Netflix I think!

What would you like me to report? That mine works fine? Sorry. I'm not having any problems with my Maxx after updating and remaining stock.

RAZR No Longer.  Currently running the LG G2 and HTC One (M8)

Time for Moto to update the line!

#14 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

Yay Netflix is working now on Eclipse 1.2.1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#15 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

not for me
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#16 charlie115

charlie115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

I lost ability to sream netflix after ota update .181,had no problem on .173,only .173 base roms seem to let netflix stream smoothly. My own experience if it helps

#17 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

This thread is alive... ALIVE!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users