Part Time Mountain Sage, Part Time Village Idiot

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 5

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

LOL it gets so much better.

Almost 1/2 way through... Prince Lotor is a different animal than the one before and good for it!   Bit more like a Thrawn type now.   

"Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet! You can travel further with both than you can with just one."
- J. Michael Straczynski

#22 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

VERY much so yes.  I REALLY like his character as Voltron really needs a worthy adversary in order to truly shine.  I loved how he just played with them to learn about them.  Could he have destroyed them?  Maybe but the fact that he chose not to was very telling that he's in it for the long game.  Let me know when you're done as I have a theory I want to share but you have to be through the end before we can discuss it.

• SnydersWeb likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#23 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:24 PM

So just finished it..

Interesting back story on how the whole thing got started.

The Sven thing was hilarious! Well done! Though Shiro... Dunno where that is going, somewhere and sometime a button will be pushed and the alternate personalty pop out maybe. Need to rewatch 5 and 6 a bit closer.

The only thing bugging me a tad was Alura's ignorance on Hagar unless Coran was either keeping her in the dark or only suspected but had enough information to tell the real story... The gap is odd frankly.

Funny helmet Alphor received for Alura too... Very familiar..

Lotor has his own ideas it seems. He's after a teledov, has the comet, and has that team. Could be angling for a dark Voltron but where does the teledov fit in? So it wasn't Lotor in the weblum but one of his troupe..

Either way looking forward to October.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

"Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet! You can travel further with both than you can with just one."
- J. Michael Straczynski

#24 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:03 AM

Here's what I wanted to discuss... His new ship is the head of a dark voltron like robot. Look closely and you'll see what I'm thinking.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#25 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:22 AM

Here's what I wanted to discuss... His new ship is the head of a dark voltron like robot. Look closely and you'll see what I'm thinking.

I'll go back an take a look.  The shape of it is reminiscent of Voltron 1 (Car) head if memory serves me.

Wondering though.. Lotor would have had to have been conceived post dark-quintessence infusion.   Still, I would have expected Alura to know who Hagar was by association.   Not sure the explanation for that plot hole there.

- J. Michael Straczynski

#26 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

Yea, I'm not sure on the Haggar issue other than they thought she was dead and the quintessence is what saved her.  Allura would not have necessarily known that she was alive even if Alfor did because Alfor died shortly thereafter the incident where she was saved.

As for Lotor, NO QUESTION he was conceived post quintessence.  And that makes him VERY dangerous. But I love that.  Here's an opponent, like Thrawn, that is very smart, very calculating, and playing the long game.  I think that's GREAT!

And yes, could be a vehicle type of robeast but to me it looked like it could be the head of some kind.

• SnydersWeb likes this

#27 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

Yea, I'm not sure on the Haggar issue other than they thought she was dead and the quintessence is what saved her.  Allura would not have necessarily known that she was alive even if Alfor did because Alfor died shortly thereafter the incident where she was saved.

As for Lotor, NO QUESTION he was conceived post quintessence.  And that makes him VERY dangerous. But I love that.  Here's an opponent, like Thrawn, that is very smart, very calculating, and playing the long game.  I think that's GREAT!

And yes, could be a vehicle type of robeast but to me it looked like it could be the head of some kind.

Kinda funny a certain parallel of Voltron Re: Quintessence and Doom Re: Argent Energy.  Definitely repeated thematic elements there. 

Lotor is definitely serving himself there.   He isn't doing Hagar's bidding...that much is very clear given the fact he has flat out invaded Galran bases and the fact Hagar was working on waking Zarkon up prematurely.  Next will be some form of conflict I suspect between Zarkon and Lotor.   I would say of the two, Zarkon has the military strength by far plus the undying loyalty of the people but Lotor is the far more dangerous.  What would happen perhaps if Zarkon and Hagar found themselves in exile?  Very real possibility if Lotor's plans fall into place.

If he is a baby of dark quintessence then he would truly be a bad seed.   His mind corrupt from fertilization on.  The incarnate of the first monster slain by Voltron but this time not a ball of unrefined primal rage but honed to be patient, calculating, and truly insidious.  In which case less Thrawn and more Palpatine, who knew not only strategy but also how to manipulate hearts and minds.   

- J. Michael Straczynski

#28 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:38 AM

It remains to be seen just how dangerous an enemy Lotor will be.  So far he's strategizing and seems to have a plan, however, how successful he is in the long term is an open question.  Zarkon won't be much of a threat this coming season I don't think.  Haggar is useless at the moment, having no real political power herself.  Lotor is good at manipulating people to do his bidding, whether they truly want to or not.  He is evil.  He is smart.  But is he Palpatine?  I'm not sure I'd go that far.

#29 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

Rewatched 5 and 6 again.  

No idea what is going on with Shiro.   Makes me wonder if there ever was a real Shiro on the team?   To what end would they want to create them?   Could well be something pretty nefarious as all they'd have to do is flip the switch of sorts and he would take Coran out and have control of the castle easy.

Lotor's new fighter ship.   Could be a head.. but looks more to me like 2 arms.   Either way he has it and whether it is a standalone or simply a component remains to be seen.   Standing alone, it's quite formidable as it has massive firepower and nobody can outfly it.   The Voltron paladins are going to have to improve to beat it or Lotor in general for he made them a laughingstock.   

Looking forward to October.   So far it's very well done.   

- J. Michael Straczynski

#30 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:37 AM

Shiro with his headaches and obvious "escape" I don't really know what Lotor's plan is for him.  It may not be Lotor's plan at all.  It could very well be Haggar's.  We really don't know.  Clearly the Black Lion knows what's up and was like "uhhhhh, no, get the hell out".  LOL

I personally believe that's ship #1 of a bigger robeast with Lotor as the head.  We shall see.  Regardless, as you said, he's formidable either way.  The only lion that's going to match that thing as it stands is the red lion and Lance is WAY unprepared for the speeds we're talking about.  

I do like the fact that Keith has to grow into his leadership role.  We know the leader he eventually becomes but to see him where he is now is awesome.  Not so much from their perspective, I'm sure.  LOL

#31 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

- J. Michael Straczynski

#32 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:38 PM

That pisses me off.

• SnydersWeb likes this

#33 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

2nd episode of Voltron S4 was epic.

- J. Michael Straczynski

#34 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

Ok just finished it... Wow.

Who the hell is Lotor? What's his angle?

The scene with the cow was hilarious. Wasn't a big fan of the brain worm episode but at least it fit in. Lance being more a part of the blade was interesting.

Strong season. Looking forward too the next.

- J. Michael Straczynski

#35 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

We're watching them now.  On episode 2 of this season.  Will definitely not finish the whole thing tonight.  Not a fan of Keith's decision.

#36 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

We're watching them now. On episode 2 of this season. Will definitely not finish the whole thing tonight. Not a fan of Keith's decision.

Gah, Keith... Bleh I'm not so good with names!

- J. Michael Straczynski

#37 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

We have 2 left.  So far so interesting.  Ready to believe my theory of Lotor's Voltron clone now?  3 ships.  ;)  I likey.

#38 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:16 PM

A ton happens in those last two. Especially the finale.

There are 2 ships.

- J. Michael Straczynski

#39 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:02 AM

Because the 3rd one isn't done. He has the comet on his ship when he escapes. We may get to the last 2 today.

#40 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:43 AM

I did rather enjoy the swipe during the"the Voltron show" regarding Shiro that you can't get rid of him. The article I linked definitely makes it a subtle dig at the powers that be.

- J. Michael Straczynski

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users