#501 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

Again, I ask, what device are trying to run this on? You keep showing an Asus tablet. If this root is not working, you need to find an exploit specific to your device. Not all root exploits work on all devices. For example, I would never be able to get this to work on my Samsung tablet.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#502 mmmmmarc

mmmmmarc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

I try to get root on my Asus TF300TG. According to posts on the internet Mobochopper is able to do that.

I am not a technician and don't even know what an exploit is. Suppose I find one using Google: what do I do with it?

Marc

#503 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

Yeah, after reading a little, there have been some people that have reported Motochopper working. However, you would be better off looking through the thread for your device that I posted earlier, and posting your issues there. Plus, rooting this tablet seems as simple as flashing a custom recovery, then flashing a ROM that is already rooted, you might want to look into that.

I am sure that someone might chime in on your issues in this thread, I'm no expert on interpreting what happened when you tried to root. However, it definitely looks like your device is not being recognized. I'll try to help the best I can. Do you have the appropriate drivers installed for Asus? Are you using the Asus data cable? Do you have usb debugging enabled? Are you booted normally? Make sure you hit "enter" when it says "hit any key."

My previous post:

RikRong, on 29 Jul 2013 - 11:03 PM, said: What device did you try to run this on? For your tab you'll probably want to try something in this thread:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#504 mmmmmarc

mmmmmarc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:06 AM

Yeah, after reading a little, there have been some people that have reported Motochopper working. However, you would be better off looking through the thread for your device that I posted earlier, and posting your issues there. Plus, rooting this tablet seems as simple as flashing a custom recovery, then flashing a ROM that is already rooted, you might want to look into that.

I am sure that someone might chime in on your issues in this thread, I'm no expert on interpreting what happened when you tried to root. However, it definitely looks like your device is not being recognized. I'll try to help the best I can. Do you have the appropriate drivers installed for Asus? Are you using the Asus data cable? Do you have usb debugging enabled? Are you booted normally? Make sure you hit "enter" when it says "hit any key."

My previous post:

Thanks for your willingness to help.

Appropriate drivers for Asus: what do you mean? Drivers on my PC for my tablet? My tablet has all necessary drivers installed I suppose (vrand new, got it three days ago). I use the Asus USB cable. I have USB debugging enables on the tablet. Are you booted normally: both tablet and PC started up normally. Make sure to hit "enter".  I suppose you refer to Motochopper. I start CMD. In the command window I cd \Temp where I unzipped Motochopper (and I replaced adb.exe with the one from the SDK). THen I type run and hit enter when the run.bat requires it.

The sequence

- waiting for device -
error: protocol fault (no status)
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
- waiting for device -

seems to go on for ever. I use <ctrl>C to stop it.

Kind regards.

Marc

#505 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

Try extracting to desktop instead of the temp folder...... then instead of opening CMD .... just run the .bat file directly, see what it shows then....

... telekinetically tapped, tenaciously traversing the terrain ...

• RikRong likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#506 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

^^^Yep, definitely try what John said.  Once you extract the utility, there's no need to run a CMD prompt.  

#507 mmmmmarc

mmmmmarc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

Very strange behavior.

I ran Asus Sync (program to sync calendar and contacts between Tablet and PC) on my PC. Asus Sync says device not connected. I stop and restart Asus Sync on the tablet. Device is now connected.

I start motochopper (just start run, not in CMD window (which I did to see the output of Motochopper when it stops running)). Immediately after hitting the return key I see that Asus Sync says "No Device Found. So, Motochopper seems to disconnect the device.

Then, of cource it starts the never ending sequence I posted before.

Any clue?

Thanks

Marc

#508 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Running ASUS sync at the same time as motochopper will most likely cause it to fail...... basically the ADB connection is limited and can only do one thing at a time.....

• RikRong likes this

jhf.png

#509 mmmmmarc

mmmmmarc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

I modified the run.bat to include a pause after each command.

Running it together with Asus Sync gives the following:

[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
Press any key to continue . . .

Running it again without Asys Sync (Asus Sync not running on PC and on Tablet) gives exactly the same result. This is the result of adb wait-for-device

Remember that when I start Asus Sync on the PC it also says device not found. It is only after I start Asus Sync on both PC and tablet that I the device is found. I also tried: start Asus Sync on both devices to get connection. Stop Asus Sync on both devices and then run motochopper. Still same result.

So the problem is clearly communication between my PC and the Asus TF300TG. Maybe I should install or re-install some drivers, but I have no idea which drivers and how to do it.

Marc

#510 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

Ok try this ....unplug USB .. restart both computer and ASUS (just to basically refresh)..... when restarted, plug back in, don't start any programs..and close any that may be running........ on the ASUS, change USB mode from media , to camera,(or mass storage) whichever is available ...... wait for a min for computer to recognize...... repeat this for all available USB modes.....

Its very possible that the drivers are "half" installed ....... this should finish the installation....... then we can go from there :)

• shane1 likes this

jhf.png

#511 mmmmmarc

mmmmmarc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

WOW!!!

Thanks a lot. Switching USB mode to camera did indeed install three drivers on my PC (amongst others some adb thing). Now motochopper worked without a glitch.

Root checker confirms I have root access.

JohnTheHillBilly thanks a lot for your patience and excellent advice.

Kind regards.

Marc

• rickw, SamuriHL, johnthehillbilly and 2 others like this

#512 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

WOW!!!
Thanks a lot. Switching USB mode to camera did indeed install three drivers on my PC (amongst others some adb thing). Now motochopper worked without a glitch.

Root checker confirms I have root access.

JohnTheHillBilly thanks a lot for your patience and excellent advice.

Kind regards.

Marc

You're welcome...... I'm glad it finally worked for you.....:)

jhf.png

#513 Aircooled

Aircooled

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

When I was looking for this program, I was first linked here:

Downloaded it, ran it, didn't work, came to this site and saw the actual file is a different size.

These two files:

SU

Superuser

These two are what seem to be different.  I have no idea what I just ran or what I just did.  Phone still works, antiviruses aren't coming up with anything (which, doesn't really mean anything).  I'm in the middle of backing stuff up and doing a facotry reset on my phone to try this again with the real software this time.  Just a heads up, I have no clue what this one is but be careful around here.

Edit:  Done

Downloading everything to attempt the downgrade and root.  Wish me luck.

#514 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

The one linked here on DroidRzr is the official one.  No worries there.  Good luck with your process.  We're here if something goes wrong.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#515 Aircooled

Aircooled

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

So I believe I've got everything in order but I have a strange issue.

I'm running RSD lite, modifying the stock xml file from the downloaded MR2 with the final provided SamuraiHL which is the following:

When I attempt to drag the modified xml into the MR2 file folder (with it renamed as the old, stock xml file) and open it with RSD it tells me "Please check input file.  Either XML format is wrong or image files associated with it are missing."

So something is missing from the downgrade XML.  I'm attempting to identify it at the moment but is there anything anybody can tell me that I'm doing incorrectly?  It doesn't appear to be a syntax error beyond that something is just missing.

Edit: I take that back, the difference is the the lines after MD5= and when I replace those the xml file takes.  Can somebody tell me why the MD5 line is different?

#516 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Check the system . img. Ext4 file. I think in mr2 it doesn't have the ext4 extension. Just change my xml file and it should work. I don't know why they changed it.

Etched in blood by a katana

Non potest esse nisi unus

#517 Aircooled

Aircooled

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

Actually I ended up just combining your file with the MP5's from the xml that came with it, the system liked it, I didn't know if I was going to screw something up by doing this but I crossed my fingers and did it anyway.  My phone flashed, booted up in MR2, the root took and I've got it protected now.  Thank you Samuri, thank you Matt, especially thank you to the man who made the rooting possible in the first place!  I'll have to donate when I get a little less poor because this, is worth it.

Thanks again!

• SamuriHL and livinginkaos like this

#518 Aircooled

Aircooled

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

One more thing, I plugged my phone into my computer, walked away and when I came back it searched for updates, I didn't install the OTA but they noticed I had modified my phone.  Since I didn't do anything, am I still ok?

#519 imnova12

imnova12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:23 AM

bzM9LKu.png?1

How is it? I had do step by step 

• Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
  • If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Motorola USB drivers available for your phone.
  • Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
  • If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute "run.bat".

but it didn't work.

Please help me!

I use droid razr hd xt926, droid version 4.1.2

#520 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

WHICH version of 4.1.2?

Non potest esse nisi unus