(Mod) Speedhog_Deblur_Debloater Script.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

I made this script for myself a while ago and just got around to finishing it. This script will get rid of most Blur components and do a basic Debloat. Also it will free up memory and RAM, essentially speeding up your phone and making it more fluid. This will also work on pretty much any moto device, I have not tested it other then on my RAZR.

****THIS HAS BEEN TESTED ON 171, 181 AND THE ICS LEAK. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you being on a stock system, but it's your choice. Yes you can have bootstrap or safestrap installed. As always make sure you have a nandroid backup. ****

+++MYSELF OR DR ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE FROM THIS MOD OR ANY MOD ON THIS SITE+++

Install instructions,

1) Download the zip, open the zip and put the file on the root of your SD card . or just open it up when you go to install it.

2) Have busybox installed

3) Use Rom Toolbox or something similar to execute the script.

4) Navigate to the script chose run.
It will show some errors or force closes, just ignore it.

5) After its done do a hard reset = holding VOL - and power for a few seconds, till it reboots.

6) Enjoy

Download >>

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2.46KB   250 downloads
  • Thach, Nubia1, JBeXX and 5 others like this

#2 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Reserved

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#3 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

I will be the first to confirm that this DOES work on the new 181 build. Great job DDX

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#4 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Awesome! I'm giving this a go but i do have some bloat removed. I'll posts results here soon...

Edit: worked great. I couldn't figure how to use Rom Manager to execute the script so I used Script Manager.

Thanks buddy!

#5 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

What tweaks do you put in your SystemUI and build.prop? I've been debating building a script like this to do my own customized setup as well.

#6 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

What tweaks do you put in your SystemUI and build.prop? I've been debating building a script like this to do my own customized setup as well.

PM me i will show you what i compiled .

#7 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Checking this out now, thanks man!

"Like" button clicked as well!

#8 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

any idea how to find out of this script work :)

#9 fastfoodfred

fastfoodfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Like a belt on my boys behind, it just feels snappier.

#10 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • Google+:kebob.rzr@gmail.com
  • LocationWashington

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

May I ask what Blur is removed? i would love to use this but i actually use about 75% of the blur. i know, i know, i shouldn't be using anything but i payed for the phone and the software and i thought i might as well use it. So i actually liek some of it. Can you List What has exactly been changed? Thanks

#11 jamRwoo

jamRwoo

Iconoclast

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Twitter:jamRwoo

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

Well, perhaps I missed something, but...

I just attempted this on the new OTA .181 using script manager...script ran alright, some errors within the script (toward the beginning, mostly) but I figured that was to be expected. Did the hard reset, and my phone sat on the "red arcing eye" boot screen for quite some time...finally decided to boot into (stock) recovery, wiped the cache and then told it to reboot, and I'm still sitting on the red eye now after like 5 minutes. Guess I'm gonna use recovery to do a data/factory reset unless I'm just missing something here...
I like big hairy Vantenhickserkeists in diapers.

#12 fastfoodfred

fastfoodfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

Give it a few moments longer. Watch the eye. Is it stopping and starting over at one point, or just continuing to spin smooth circles withtwith the little lightning looking stuff. All my boot looping has had a stop, then jump to a point, then repeat kind of thing and no little vibrations at all.

#13 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

Not saying it is a bootloop. But on the ics leak... Im working on the services.jar. something wasnt right so on boot... i was bootlooped without a pause. I would give it some more time. If youre really ancy pull a logcat to see whats going on during the animation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#14 jamRwoo

jamRwoo

Iconoclast

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

Give it a few moments longer. Watch the eye. Is it stopping and starting over at one point, or just continuing to spin smooth circles withtwith the little lightning looking stuff. All my boot looping has had a stop, then jump to a point, then repeat kind of thing and no little vibrations at all.

I waited a good while...it was trying to look for a "loop" but it was hard to tell, honestly. It wasn't starting completely over...simply sticking on that one sparking eye part....spinning the smooth circles as you said, but I gave it at least 10 minutes. Could I have done something wrong? These steps were pretty simple haha.

I did a factory reset within stock recovery, and my phone booted up...but in the initial setup something (the setup app?) force closed and now my phone is doing the same thing...I agree that it doesn't look like a bootloop...more like, stuck booting. Perhaps updating to .181 on stock/unrooted then using DRU to root it didn't work as well as I thought?

#15 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

Yes and like I said if your not stock or very close to it. Things will go wrong. And a log cat would help. Has anyone else put this one the ics Leak?

I have some tweaking to do so this will be a work in progress.

#16 jamRwoo

jamRwoo

Iconoclast

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

Yes and like I said if your not stock or very close to it. Things will go wrong. And a log cat would help. Has anyone else put this one the ics Leak?

I have some tweaking to do so this will be a work in progress.

I was literally 100% stock, with the exception of root. Are you saying don't even have root? I ran the script as SU, assuming it would need those permissions to do what it was doing...was I being silly?

#17 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

Well, perhaps I missed something, but...

I just attempted this on the new OTA .181 using script manager...script ran alright, some errors within the script (toward the beginning, mostly) but I figured that was to be expected. Did the hard reset, and my phone sat on the "red arcing eye" boot screen for quite some time...finally decided to boot into (stock) recovery, wiped the cache and then told it to reboot, and I'm still sitting on the red eye now after like 5 minutes. Guess I'm gonna use recovery to do a data/factory reset unless I'm just missing something here...

also did you have any modifications, themes etc before hand? I got @thach to be my test subject on 181 and his worked without problems.

#18 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

I was literally 100% stock, with the exception of root. Are you saying don't even have root? I ran the script as SU, assuming it would need those permissions to do what it was doing...was I being silly?

No root is needed:-P like I said I recommend. Using Rom Toolbox by jrummy but u can use others.

#19 jamRwoo

jamRwoo

Iconoclast

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

also did you have any modifications, themes etc before hand? I got @thach to be my test subject on 181 and his worked without problems.

Why won't you believe me?! :'(

But forreals, I'm not new to fiddling with Android, but i am new to the Razr. I got this phone from a friend, used DRU to flash .173. OTA'ed to .181, rooted using DRU, installed script manager, then ran this tool. Literally nothing happened between there. pinky promise.

EDIT: TBH, I've never really understood how to add one's own scripts to ROM Toolbox...and I've never had any problems with script manager...but if I can get this sonuvabeotch through this initial setup without doing the same perpetual eye of sauron thing on me, I'll try that...without root. Appreciate the fast replies, and the kindness. I need to get rid of this 'n00b' branding above my name...makes me feel insecure.

Edited by jamRwoo, 24 April 2012 - 04:46 AM.

#20 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

I waited a good while...it was trying to look for a "loop" but it was hard to tell, honestly. It wasn't starting completely over...simply sticking on that one sparking eye part....spinning the smooth circles as you said, but I gave it at least 10 minutes. Could I have done something wrong? These steps were pretty simple haha.

I did a factory reset within stock recovery, and my phone booted up...but in the initial setup something (the setup app?) force closed and now my phone is doing the same thing...I agree that it doesn't look like a bootloop...more like, stuck booting. Perhaps updating to .181 on stock/unrooted then using DRU to root it didn't work as well as I thought?

also if u made a backup, lol which I hope u did and should always do. Just side load bootstrap and restore it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users