#1 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

POPULAR

THIS LEAK IS NOT RSD/FASTBOOTABLE. THE FILES HAVE BEEN PULLED DUE TO BRICKED PHONES, IF YOU STILL HAVE THE LEAK INSTALLED OR DOWNLOADED IT AND HAVEN'T INSTALLED IT YET PLEASE CONTACT A STAFF MEMBER FOR ASSISTANCE. (I didn't create this edit to my OP so please don't contact arcanexvi as I don't have any new information for you on repairing bricks... When I have more information this OP will be updated by myself or I'll create a new thread. Thanks. My PM box is just exploding and I don't have anything other than my already posted assistance thread for you at this time. -arcanexvi)

Well it's Friday.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and I both pulled this update early yesterday morning (very shortly after it was compiled) so I want to make sure that he gets mentioned. After the shenanigans of last release we're sure of install method this time around. New build for you checking in @ ~350 megs (yeah. that's about 100 megs smaller than the last leak). I've been playing with it since yesterday morning and it's definitely cleaner. Moto's definitely been working hard to get this ready to go.

This is a leak for users currently on 6.12.181.XT912. IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT INSTALL COMING FROM ANY OTHER BUILD/VERSION. As usual, we at droidrzr.com are not responsible for any errors, bricked units, thermonuclear war, etc related to anything posted on this site. You accept all responsibility for your actions by using these files and agree that you're not going to swap out your unit with VZW/Moto/Insurance when you screw it up.

Changes from previous build:

- SPEED. It's way smoother and faster
- New kernel
- New CDMA radio (LTE remains the same)
- When receiving a call, there's a new button in addition to your answer/ignore so that you can respond with a text.
- I'll add more as I find them

Installation is NOT RSD/Fastbootable. - Files were pulled for this reason. Only some people are successful.

Voodoo protects root during upgrade process.

Known Issues

- Battery charge information will report incorrectly after reboots most times. Solution: Don't reboot the phone very often. If you charge/discharge it, it will fix itself. - Need verification on new build. May be fixed. Please comment.
- Outbound Calling/Texting/Data while roaming are not possible. Solution: No known fix - Need verification on new build. May be fixed. Please comment.
- Mass storage mode cannot be disabled (possible security risk). Solution: No known fix
- Mass storage is enabled even through lock screen (previously would not mount until you unlocked the phone). Again. Security risk. Solution: No known fix

For those having install issues. Please do not post here saying you're having XYZ problem until you've done the following:

1) Use RSD and go back to 744 or 173 depending what files you have available. I would say use Matt's utility but there are too many versions floating around and some people are having hit or miss results with it. My guess is people are using the wrong options when using it. As RSD has no options for you to screw up and will just blanket nuke everything, I suggest that route.

2) You have executed a factory wipe immediately before or after the above step. I'm sorry. But whatever issues you're having could be related to your current setup and/or data. Get rid of it and start over.

3) You have re-read and COMPLETELY understand the steps listed in this OP. There are many people asking questions that have answers clearly stated in this OP.

For those having issues restoring root with voodoo after install go

Install Instructions:

1) Download Files pulled. (right-click and save as if you have issues downloading either of these 2 files) and make sure you're above 60% charge. The update takes a while to install and you don't want it to die mid-update. Trust me. Safestrap/Bootstrap must be disabled.

File verification info: MD5: ae998251292cc5323872d868099d7461

2) Make sure you have ROM Manager, ES File Explorer (Make sure root access and system writable are enabled in the ES file explorer settings), and have root access to your system but are on an otherwise stock COMPLETELY UNMODIFIED installation of 181. In ROM Manager, DO NOT INSTALL CLOCKWORKMOD. Just have the ROM Manager app itself installed.

2a) If you plan to retain root after the update, update the Superuser.apk via the market and open the app and go to options/preferences (depending on your version) make sure your binary is up to do date in preferences (3.0.3.2+). Also make sure you have voodoo OTA Rootkeeper protecting your root after those updates before proceeding. I personally used motofail to root once I got to 173. I didn't bother rooting til I got there as it's not required and when I RSD it takes me all the way down to 744.

3) Copy the 2 files from step 1 into your /cache folder on the root of your system.

4) When the copy operation is complete, using ES File Explorer, tap the zip file in your cache directory and select ROM Manager when it asks you what to use to open the file.

5) ROM Manager will automatically open and prompt you that a reboot is necessary to complete the operation. Hit OK/Accept.

6) The system will reboot and install the ICS leak.

7) Profit.

As usual. Don't forget my only payment I require. Hit the like button over here ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>

Posted Image
  • quadjacks, branshaw09, toolage and 72 others like this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#2 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

Reserved

Posted Image

#3 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Very cool! Downloading now!!!

#4 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Might want to included the process of updating .173 to .181 PRIOR to commencing with ICS upgrade, considering Matt's Util and RSD wont put back .181.

Thanks for the release! +1

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#5 XCellFoneSalesRep

XCellFoneSalesRep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/XCellFoneRep
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/XgDaW
  • LocationThe Joisey Shore, Nu Joisey

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

This is a leak for users currently on 6.12.181.XT912. IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT INSTALL COMING FROM ANY OTHER BUILD/VERSION. As usual, we at droidrzr.com are not responsible for any errors, bricked units, thermonuclear war, etc related to anything posted on this site. You accept all responsibility for your actions by using these files and agree that you're not going to swap out your unit with VZW/Moto/Insurance when you screw it up.

1st, off, THANKS! 2nd, does "WILL NOT INSTALL COMING FROM ANY OTHER BUILD/VERSION" include 6.14.75 ?

#6 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Yes, it does.
  • itzdangerv3 likes this

#7 bmb0y

bmb0y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Doesn't seem to much different than the other leak...worth flashing?????

#8 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Is it possible to install this on a stock .181 without rooting, etc? If so, how would one do so.
Posted Image

#9 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Doesn't seem to much different than the other leak...worth flashing?????

While the listed features won't change a whole lot, the "feel" is incredibly different.

Posted Image

#10 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Is it possible to install this on a stock .181 without rooting, etc? If so, how would one do so.

No.

Posted Image

#11 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Might want to included the process of updating .173 to .181 PRIOR to commencing with ICS upgrade, considering Matt's Util and RSD wont put back .181.

Thanks for the release! +1

X

As 181 has been pushed out as an official update, I shouldn't have to give instructions on how to get there as you can just be unrooted and do the normal update process to 181...

Posted Image

#12 eckdawg5

eckdawg5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/eckdawg5

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Once again arcanexvi doesn't disappoint...great find man

#13 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Cant wait to check this out as soon as I'm off of work!! Nice find once again Arcanexvi!!

#14 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

Any chance of throwing up a torrent for this file?? Download is Sloooooow since a ton of people are pulling it. Thanks

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#15 Rouxe41

Rouxe41

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:@HandlebarGames
  • LocationMidvale, UT

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

cant download the .crc

edit: nvm fixed it

#16 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Any chance of throwing up a torrent for this file?? Download is Sloooooow since a ton of people are pulling it. Thanks

Seconded, it keeps freezing, been downloading since the first thread was posted and i'm at like 8 MB

#17 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

As 181 has been pushed out as an official update, I shouldn't have to give instructions on how to get there as you can just be unrooted and do the normal update process to 181...

I understand, but the only reason I posted that comment is because while sitting on the droidrzr chat on my day off, the amount of "follow each line, step for step" must have been said 50 times for n00bs. I was just suggesting throwing a "allow your system to update to .181" line in there before commencing with the update because that update does not necessarily show right off after reverting back to .173.

Thanks,

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#18 burmjohn

burmjohn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

+1 slowwww

#19 ralphie0108

ralphie0108

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

Crc won't download?

#20 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

Thanks to spc_hicks for posting this earlier !
  • shizumie and FrizzleFry like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users