#61 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

Noted :)

I'm having trouble with some of the major system apk in recompiling and decompiling. So I might wait until the next build comes out before I go ahead and update Aviator AOKP. So it could be awhile :p In the meantime, check out Aviator CM10.1!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Hehe, tempted but remember that's the one that gave me the never ending problem with Tethering not working. So I had to give up on it and since I've kept Aviator AOKP in my 2nd slot and other than the newly introduces "Calendar force close" issue, it's running pretty nicely. ;)

#62 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

Well I attempted this --->

And big mistake. Can't boot now, lol! I need to just leave my damn phone alone. Wanted Pegasus and SIO back. :(

#63 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

Well I attempted this --->

And big mistake. Can't boot now, lol! I need to just leave my damn phone alone. Wanted Pegasus and SIO back. :(

Hope you made a back up! :p When I was first making this I got the same thing and realized that the modules I was using did not play nicely with AOKP :p

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#64 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hope you made a back up! :p When I was first making this I got the same thing and realized that the modules I was using did not play nicely with AOKP :p

I just dirty flashed back over and seem to have had success. blah.... :unsure:

#65 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

Just another observation running the 2.0.0 test. She's being a bit of a battery hog today. Maybe it's just me screwing around with it too much OR

any suggestions on a better gov/scheduler to use rather than Hotplug/Noop ??

#66 tracerfett

tracerfett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

Due to the inability to use HDMI on the 4.2.2 builds, I jump on the stock ROM (4.1.2) so I can watch netflix on my TV. I've noticed however that when I go back to the slot-2 Avaitor AOKP rom, several things are 'off'

As you recommend, I boot into safestrap, wipe cache/dalvik and fix permissions. This seems to solve most of the quirky problems I encounter, but one thing I've noticed is some apps seem to lose their data...

I've used the built in tweak to configure the external SD card to be seen as internal storage (when I initially setup the rom). A few of the apps I've been experiencing issues with on a regular basis are:

OBackup (seems to 'forget' my device and frequently reports that it is not rooted) - I've deleted it's SU permissions, uninstalled/reinstalled, etc. Seems to get it working again, but still winds up forgetting everything.

XPrivacy will report that it's not enabled in the xposed framework, but when you check xposed, it is in fact enabled (reboot, fix permissions fixes this). But this seems to happen every time I come back from stock slot

Swype Keyboard - This app seems to completely disappear from the system altogether (leaving it's /data/data directory in tact). Rebooting, wipe cache/dalvik and fix permissions does not fix this one. And simply reinstalling the app doesn't work either (an error code is generated when the phone tries to perform the installation.) I then have to delete the com.swype data from the /data/data directory and then reinstall again...

These issues aren't critical or anything, overall I'm a huge fan of the rom and all it's tweaks. Just wondering if anyone else experiences similar issues or knows of any fixes?

#67 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

I had an issue last night trying to turn wifi back on once home after turning it off earlier in the day at work with no issue (work wifi not so good so I run with data), anyhow at home, it instantly went into a "Hot-bootloop" going back and forth to the boot animation, bypassing safestrap all together. I had to do the 3-finger salute and force it to boot with safestrap , go in and clear cache & dalvik, then fix permissions. This got me back in and was able to use wifi again. Odd :blink:

#68 tracerfett

tracerfett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

I had an issue last night trying to turn wifi back on once home after turning it off earlier in the day at work with no issue (work wifi not so good so I run with data), anyhow at home, it instantly went into a "Hot-bootloop" going back and forth to the boot animation, bypassing safestrap all together. I had to do the 3-finger salute and force it to boot with safestrap , go in and clear cache & dalvik, then fix permissions. This got me back in and was able to use wifi again. Odd :blink:

I've had the exact same thing happen to me once as well

• rubiconguy likes this

#69 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Also getting a lot of "Google Search has stopped unexpectedly..." randomly when not even in the app.

Positives: Very speedy Rom, possibly the most lag-free screen & app transition ROM I've ever placed on my phone.

Negatives: The battery life needs to be better & the random force closes as mentioned (Maybe just effecting the "Test" build regarding these force closes - can't remember...)

#70 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

Also getting a lot of "Google Search has stopped unexpectedly..." randomly when not even in the app.

Positives: Very speedy Rom, possibly the most lag-free screen & app transition ROM I've ever placed on my phone.

Negatives: The battery life needs to be better & the random force closes as mentioned (Maybe just effecting the "Test" build regarding these force closes - can't remember...)

I've found it doesn't like both Chrome and Google search as system apps. Make 'em both user apps. They're not exclusive, easily found in the Play Store.

sent via RazrMaxx over Tapatalk, y'all!

#71 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

I've found it doesn't like both Chrome and Google search as system apps. Make 'em both user apps. They're not exclusive, easily found in the Play Store.

sent via RazrMaxx over Tapatalk, y'all!

Wonder if I can just convert them within TIBU? And I haven't seemed to have issue with Chrome, rather it's Calendar process or whatever and Google Search.

#72 SoccerRef12

SoccerRef12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Twitter:@SoccerRef12
  • LocationLampasas, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Wonder if I can just convert them within TIBU? And I haven't seemed to have issue with Chrome, rather it's Calendar process or whatever and Google Search.

Yes you definitely can. Remember to "attach" them to the Market so they can be updated.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using TapaTalk 2

"If you truly learned from your mistakes, I would be a genius by now!"

#73 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

If there any Aston Martin fans here, be sure to check this out! :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#74 calipup

calipup

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

I've had the exact same thing happen to me once as well

This just happened to me as well.  Noticed that wifi didnt automatically come on when walking into my house.  then it went into force boot loop.  just a 3 finger salute and that worked.  Did notice that 4g network strength was one bar before and during boot loop.  Then No network triangle after 3 finger salute but had wifi.  I'm wondering if its strugling with transferring from 4g to wifi and back.    Otherwise very fast rom.  

#75 robn30

robn30

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

So I installed this ROM today on my Razr XT912 Verizon phone.  Everything seemed to go well with the install but after about 20 minutes the phone locked up.  It is on the home screen and I cant turn the screen off or get the phone to even power off.  I have never experienced this with my phone before.  Is there any way to get the phone to power off?  I held the power button for over 30 seconds and nothing happened.  I of course installed it to ROM Slot 2 and followed the instructions.  I didn't get to set the CPU Sleep setting.  I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it.  Hopefully after the phone powers off due to the battery dying, I will be able to get back to my Stock ROM.  Any help on this will be appreciated.  Thanks.

• rnh likes this

#76 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

So I installed this ROM today on my Razr XT912 Verizon phone. Everything seemed to go well with the install but after about 20 minutes the phone locked up. It is on the home screen and I cant turn the screen off or get the phone to even power off. I have never experienced this with my phone before. Is there any way to get the phone to power off? I held the power button for over 30 seconds and nothing happened. I of course installed it to ROM Slot 2 and followed the instructions. I didn't get to set the CPU Sleep setting. I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it. Hopefully after the phone powers off due to the battery dying, I will be able to get back to my Stock ROM. Any help on this will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hold power + volume down
  • robn30 likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#77 robn30

robn30

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

Hold power + volume down

Awesome!  Thanks.

#78 robn30

robn30

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Awesome!  Thanks.

Hold power + volume down

Awesome!  Thanks.

Is this something that happens a lot? I really like the look and feel of the ROM.  After shutting off and getting back into Safestrap I performed a cache/dalvik wipe and permission fix and rebooted and it would not start the ROM.  Just got a black screen.  I waited for over a minute for the video splash screen to start and nothing happened.  Luckily I was able to easily go back to my stock ROM.

#79 snort

snort

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

Mine seems to go about a week or two and then will lock up. Then I'll usually have to reboot it a couple of times (one of those times going into Recovery and wiping cache/fixing permissions) and restarting again. Other than that it behaves well most of the time.

#80 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

ZKK, curious when/if you will be updating this to the MR2 build released the other day.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviator, AOKP, 4.2.2, ZKK007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users