Photo

Have everything save to my 64GB card instead of Internal. (AOKP setting doesn't seem to be working.)

App2sd sdcard sd card AOKP swap download

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 michaeljane

michaeljane

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Google+:michaeljane1997@gmail.com
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX XT912

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

I've recently purchased a 64GB sandisk U10 card and i love it. I am running on  the 6/30 AOKP nightly and it has a setting under device options to "Use external SD Card for apps and media". I purchased one of the Humble Bundles for Android and it contained 5 or 6 apps and many of them are over 100mb. In my romslot, I set the userdata partition to 3gb as this would be my daily driver. Well when i look at the manage apps (miniapp?) it says i have ~300mb of space left out of my 3gb. When i install an app, this goes down. If I have the setting to use the external storage checked, should the apps install to my external card instead of my UserData Partition? I can'y install many of the apps i purchased for lack of room. Please help?

#2 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

Most apps will install to the phone storage by default. You can move them by going to manage apps, or by using titanium backup or Rom toolbox to do batch moves. Be careful what you move, as these apps will not be available unless the sd card is mounted. Immediately after booting, or when connected to your computer with mass storage mode, the apps you've moved will not be available, so I would avoid moving your launcher etc.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#3 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Most apps will install to the phone storage by default. You can move them by going to manage apps, or by using titanium backup or Rom toolbox to do batch moves. Be careful what you move, as these apps will not be available unless the sd card is mounted. Immediately after booting, or when connected to your computer with mass storage mode, the apps you've moved will not be available, so I would avoid moving your launcher etc.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So, if I am reading your Mail correctly, any App or Apps you move to an External Storage will not be available to use on your Phone to get Extra Space...Unless, you move it back to your Internal Storage to Activate your App or Apps...

Or How about getting Rid of Apps you don't need anymore as well...

Am I close...

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#4 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

So, if I am reading your Mail correctly, any App or Apps you move to an External Storage will not be available to use on your Phone to get Extra Space...Unless, you move it back to your Internal Storage to Activate your App or Apps...

Or How about getting Rid of Apps you don't need anymore as well...

Am I close...

No, apps moved to the sd card will be available after it is mounted. It mounts automatically on boot, but takes a few seconds. The apps are actually moved to the .androidsecure folder. It will free up room in your data partition, but not on the sd card itself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• The Persuader likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: App2sd, sdcard, sd, card, AOKP, swap, download

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users