1018 replies to this topic

#621 orangejuiced

orangejuiced

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

on one of my razrs I am running eclipse. can I load this as is or do i need to do a complete GB stock RSD load and then do your build.

thank you BTW for your work!

#622 wingdo

wingdo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

Saved my rear end, thanks Batman!

#623 Valkryn

Valkryn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

I am all stock GB and understand the concept of this process. The problem I'm running into is that the utility doesn't seem to be finding my device. I am able to connect my phone to the computer as "USB Mass Storage" and move the ICS file to the SD card. I have also made sure to check in on the phone with Astro and it is where it is supposed to be. After I select option 1, I review the warning, put phone into AP Fastboot and then hit enter. The utility just provides the prompt "<waiting for device>".

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Edit: I believe I found what I needed in a previous post.

#624 JMSexton

JMSexton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Twitter:JarrettSexton
  • LocationMD/PA

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

I am all stock GB and understand the concept of this process. The problem I'm running into is that the utility doesn't seem to be finding my device. I am able to connect my phone to the computer as "USB Mass Storage" and move the ICS file to the SD card. I have also made sure to check in on the phone with Astro and it is where it is supposed to be. After I select option 1, I review the warning, put phone into AP Fastboot and then hit enter. The utility just provides the prompt "<waiting for device>".

Either enable "USB Debugging" and/or "Unknown Sources (allows non-market apps), I can't remember which but I had both on when I did it and I have no issues. On GB, I believe (off memory) located under Applications>Development >Enable USB Debugging and the other I think is Applications>Unknown Sources, If its not under there then try Security.

#625 positivehxcgo

positivehxcgo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

Thank you for the tutorial - I was able to update without a problem!!

I am however, having an issue trying to root. I've tried 4 different PC's and 3 different data cables - for some reason I can't get any computers to identify and install the appropriate ADB driver when connected. It will install the other drivers fine if debugging is unselected, but once checked, it won't install or recognize any matching drivers.

Any ideas?

#626 Hellzknight666

Hellzknight666

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

Help! I fully made it through the install process. But, when I turn my phone on, it's okay for a few minutes. But, then it starts to respond really slow and it gets really hot. I have rebooted my phone 3 times now, and the same thing happens. I followed all of the instructions in the video up until the rooting process. What would you suggest?

#627 Valkryn

Valkryn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

Either enable "USB Debugging" and/or "Unknown Sources (allows non-market apps), I can't remember which but I had both on when I did it and I have no issues. On GB, I believe (off memory) located under Applications>Development >Enable USB Debugging and the other I think is Applications>Unknown Sources, If its not under there then try Security.

Thanks for the help. I was able to track down the problem. I had to install the driver for my particular OS that was included with the utility. It was able to discover the phone after that.

#628 The_Ninja

The_Ninja

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

Anyone know y I run 1.7 click option 2 (I'm on axiom) it says put in Ap mode I do that and as soon as I hit a button to proceed my computer shuts down????

#629 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

Ninja, did you install the latest drivers fm moto on your computer? They are part of the 1.7 package.

What else did you have running when u tried this?
Maybe you had other memory resident programs loaded when you installed your (orig) driver… just in case, remove the driver & reinstall w/out any tsr's loaded on your pc.

If this doesn't help, give details as to which point you were at when prob occured & any error msgs

Good luck SpyderMan
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#630 dcohio

dcohio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:56 AM

Thanks for the great utility. It worked like a charm last night! Finally ICS on my RAZR as nature intended...

Great work!

#631 FcHsChilD

FcHsChilD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:33 AM

Installed .211 and everything seems to be fine but unlike when I loaded .75 or. 79 it never did the updating applications on first boot.
Was wondering if this was normal or happened to anybody else?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#632 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Twitter:17akota
  • Google+:17akota
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Pennsylvania

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

Installed .211 and everything seems to be fine but unlike when I loaded .75 or. 79 it never did the updating applications on first boot.

Its normal. :)

#633 FcHsChilD

FcHsChilD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

Its normal.

Appreciate the reply and your tutorial video also.Thanks.

On a side not since I like to know expected results.Guided a friend over the phone on how to use 1.7 as he did something to his initial ICS install and he said that upon completion of option 2 when he tried to boot into recovery it started "Flashing" the update but stopped and he had to manually power down.Once he entered Recovery again he could select options.Is that also normal?

#634 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

It did for me.
Posted Image

#635 TwoBuells

TwoBuells

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:07 AM

easy peasy, :rolleyes:

Thanks Matt, Great Job! ;)
Better to be a Racer for a moment, Than a Spectator for a lifetime.

#636 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

Thanks Matt this worked Great.

vtc.png

#637 honeydesean

honeydesean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

Fastbooting with this obliterates safe/non-safe. Restores it to stock 6.12.181 system.img and preinstall.img. Just run Option 1 to restore, and install the update from the SD card in recovery.

Can this be in the OP? I got lucky clicking through pages to find this answer, I think it might help clarify exactly what option 1 on the utility does.

I was 90% sure this was the case since the instructions have you go into AP Fastboot mode, but I didn't really know what was meant by "pre-pare to side-load ICS..." I felt it sounded like I was going to be loading the ICS update onto my safesytem or something.

AWESOME job updating your utility so quickly though!!!!!!!
RAZR Maxx - Two steps forward (Maxx>>>Droid1) and one step back (My bootloader! What have they done to you!?!)

#638 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

Anyone know y I run 1.7 click option 2 (I'm on axiom) it says put in Ap mode I do that and as soon as I hit a button to proceed my computer shuts down????

The heck O_o

Use a new computer that is a terrible issue lol

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#639 ClemsonPhoneGuy

ClemsonPhoneGuy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:ClemsonPhoneGuy
  • Google+:Joshua D. Smith
  • LocationClemson, SC

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

Great job Matt - worked great. Phone didn't reboot itself after doing option1 in the utility, so I did and got orange triangle, but rebooted again and system came up, then proceeded to reboot and load ICS. Runs great! Buying you a beer or 2 soon!

#640 MeridianSun

MeridianSun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

maybe one last try umm this comes out

Finding update Package
opening update package
verifying update package
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted

I have followed the directions in this thread over and over and this is all I get. Any suggestions?? Thanks..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users