1018 replies to this topic

#581 silentbob13

silentbob13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

If you tap on the "folder" in Astro, does it jump straight into the folder structure or does it ask you to extract it?

Folder Structure

#582 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

Folder Structure

LOL, I guess it would. I don't use Astro so I assumed it would do as most other file managers do and "ask" before it opens a compressed file. I just tried it on mine and it does as you say, but the thing is, I know mine is a .zip file.

If you long press the folder in Astro and select Details, what does it say the file name is and what is MD5sum.

#583 silentbob13

silentbob13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

LOL, I guess it would. I don't use Astro so I assumed it would do as most other file managers do and "ask" before it opens a compressed file. I just tried it on mine and it does as you say, but the thing is, I know mine is a .zip file.

If you long press the folder in Astro and select Details, what does it say the file name is and what is MD5sum.

Name: Blur_Verizon.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.us.zip
MDS Sum: 79a1ee4a992eacd1d08f98dee5deebf7

#584 silentbob13

silentbob13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

Name: Blur_Verizon.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.us.zip
MDS Sum: 79a1ee4a992eacd1d08f98dee5deebf7

I can Download the link just fine. But if i open RSD LIte and try to install it. RSD lite doesn't recognize it because it is a folder instead of a file. Can someone who downloaded this file correctly send it to me please

#585 silentbob13

silentbob13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

I can Download the link just fine. But if i open RSD LIte and try to install it. RSD lite doesn't recognize it because it is a folder instead of a file. Can someone who downloaded this file correctly send it to me please

I just tried Downloading it with my phone and the same thing happened. It downloads and a .zip folder. I can open it up and see the contents. If i try to extraxt the folder it just takes all the contents and dumps them into another folder. I do not get what is happening.

#586 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

That is what I'm trying to tell you. IT IS a .zip file. The MD5 sum you gave is the MD5 of the .211 update. Also, if you go back to Astro and check details again, I would bet that under mime type it says "application/x-compressed". If it were a folder it would not give you an MD5 nor a mime type.

#587 Ztary

Ztary

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hey there! I signed up for this forum specifically to get this ICS update, I was just wondering if this will work for international and specifically the Canadian version on Rogers?
Thanks a ton for this!

#588 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

I just tried Downloading it with my phone and the same thing happened. It downloads and a .zip folder. I can open it up and see the contents. If i try to extraxt the folder it just takes all the contents and dumps them into another folder. I do not get what is happening.

FYI the Blur_Verizon.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.us.zip is not for use with RSD Lite. It is the OTA *.zip that needs to be on the phone. IE it is useless for any use on a computer
  • Schnider likes this

#589 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

FYI the Blur_Verizon.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.us.zip is not for use with RSD Lite. It is the OTA *.zip that needs to be on the phone. IE it is useless for any use on a computer

Correct, LOL, I meant to mention that in my last post, but forgot.
  • Schnider likes this

#590 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

I still think your computer was set to "open" instead of save files of this type set as default. You need to change that.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#591 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

Correct, LOL, I meant to mention that in my last post, but forgot.

This is a perfect example of ppl not reading the threads! I can understand thst this some of this stuff sounds foreign but just please take some time to read and search other threads and you will catch on real quick. Im not trying to be a a** but so many ppl are sighning up for the site and if you dont read you will end up with a soft bricked phone. So please just go threw the pages and you will find your way i promise!
  • Nitewolf likes this

#592 rafa721

rafa721

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

ok well I need help. I need help to get into recovey mode but my volume down button doesnt work. Does anybody know any other way to get in to recovery???
  • nateonator likes this

#593 Damented

Damented

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

sorry if this has been answered already. I am rooted and on stock GB. but I have bootstrap installed. Can this method be used or to I have to uninstall bootstrap?

#594 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

I still think your computer was set to "open" instead of save files of this type set as default. You need to change that.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Since Vista, maybe even XP, I don't remember for sure, Windows has natively supported zip files. If you have file extensions hidden and you do not have a third party utility like winzip or 7zip installed, .zip files will appear to be just another folder, only with a little zipper in the icon. It is still a zip file, but for the those not as familiar with computers as most of us, it could look like just another folder. From the descriptions that silentbob13 was giving, I believe that this was his issue.

#595 diesel84

diesel84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

I was able to get the leak installed after trying for the second time. Thanks Matt, excellent work. One weird issue I am having and this doesnt happen all the time but periodically the Notification bar at the top of the phone will not allow me to select it and view new notifications. I can get around this by checking text messages and email through their respective apps but has anyone else had this issue? I wiped the cache partition twice but I didnt do a factory reset. Any ideas?

#596 Schnider

Schnider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:Schnider89

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

I was able to get the leak installed after trying for the second time. Thanks Matt, excellent work. One weird issue I am having and this doesnt happen all the time but periodically the Notification bar at the top of the phone will not allow me to select it and view new notifications. I can get around this by checking text messages and email through their respective apps but has anyone else had this issue? I wiped the cache partition twice but I didnt do a factory reset. Any ideas?

I would recommend a Factory Reset. Should clear up your issue.
Droid Razr in MAXX

#597 diesel84

diesel84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Thanks Schnider, will that require me to go through the whole flash process again? And when you say Factory reset, will I have to go in through Recover by pressing Vol up, Vol down, power button? Or just go into phone and select system settings > privacy > factory data reset?

Thanks

#598 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

Either way will work and you will not have to re-flash, but you will have to go through a complete setup of the phone again (ie. homescreens, apps, settings). You may want to do a backup first.

#599 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

Since Vista, maybe even XP, I don't remember for sure, Windows has natively supported zip files. If you have file extensions hidden and you do not have a third party utility like winzip or 7zip installed, .zip files will appear to be just another folder, only with a little zipper in the icon. It is still a zip file, but for the those not as familiar with computers as most of us, it could look like just another folder. From the descriptions that silentbob13 was giving, I believe that this was his issue.

You know, now that you mention it you're probably right. I've used 3rd party software for .zip extentions for so long I forgot about that.
Posted Image

#600 kngovrok

kngovrok

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

how do you get the up date out of the zip file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users