Safestrap is the is the only supported install method!-Intro
I present Simplex Revival!
It is still deodexed, debloated, and blur stripped! If you like blur... This ROM is not for you!! I cannot stress that enough. I'v not personally noticed a single FC or issue as of yet. I tend to spend a good bit of time working on these because I cant stand bugs! So I try to take care of as many as I can. Where possible Blur items have been replaced with AOSP compiled from source by myself. Its been a while since an update due to my computer issues... But Simplex is back! So give it a run and as always.. feedback welcome!
DroidRZR, myself, or any other party CANNOT be held responsible for what you decide to do. Modifying system files can lead to a damaged or comletely bricked device!!! Your phone! Your choice! Your responsibility!!!!
Google - For the Android we play with.
Motorola - For fantastic hardware!
Dhacker29 - always listening to my bickering on Gtalk!!! lol
Hashcode - for the Safestrap compatible 211 build ROM - on which this is based
Nitroglycerin33 - Awesome pull down toggles on a 211 build and quad lock with sound toggle!
SparkyMan - Amazing tweaks scripts!
Whirleyes over at XDA - Overclock support.
St3rdroids - Custom Simplex wall papers!
OFFICIAL Statement: I have updated my credits to include the Quadlock with sound toggle credit to Nitro! He politely reminded me. I did a lot of bouncing around getting it ready and forgot to credit properly. :-/ ... so I apologize! Blame it on the akakakalcohol! Lol
Besides being deodexed this ROM is zipaligned at boot. It also has a great tweaks script put together by Sparkyman which makes this thing fly! There are currently 7 notification toggles with possible plans for further modification. The Blur lockscreen has been replaced with the AOSP modded to include the Blur sound toggle. You will also find the built-in Tethering & Hotspot fully functional from first boot! Blur camera is still in place but has been patched for AOSP Gallery2 support. It includes the Beats Mod, Cpu OC/Stock/UC controls, and Spare Parts. All additional settings can be found in system settings "Simplex Settings". Last but not least on this latest update I decided to go another direction with the UI of the ROM. You'll now experience more of an inverted feel with a good bit of semi-transparency! You know you're curious!
To install this ROM you must be on ICS with Safestrap installed! Safestrap is the only tested method! I always recommend doing a full wipe! For those on an older version of Simplex simply flashing the update may be ok without data wipe... The updater script will take care of wiping cache for you.
->Download and place on SDCard. Reboot to recovery. Wipe data/cache!!!. Install from SDCard. Reboot! Allow time for the ROM to boot completely then let it sit for a little while.
New!! - Download SimplexROM-v1.3 - Safestrap - 10/1/2012 - - Gapps included.
Though I don't require it by any means... its always nice! So if you'd like buy me a beer! --->
Quad lock is set up for using MMS messaging app! Removal of MMS and selecting it from the lock screen will cause a hot-reboot.
10/1/2012 - Update v1.3 "The Revival"
- Changed default launcher - Removed Trebuchet and replaced with Apex(free)
- The ever so requested Advanced power menu is here! I don't think more explanation is needed here.
- Updated Framework to build .215
- Revamped UI - Clean, Minimal, and Semi-transparent!
*Themers contact me if you wish to know which apps in particular needed special attention over framework mods*
- Revamped Init-d scripts.
- Updated G-apps. If you don't find a Gapp its in the Play Store. (to keep Download time down)
- Included Google Now!
- Included TeamHaters Wallpaper app w/ custom walls by St3rdroids.
- Included my Modded LatinIME(keyboard). Go to Keyboard/Input settings to select a Keyboard theme! Default is the best... lol
8/4/2012 - Update v1.2
- Incorporated blur sound toggle into AOSP lockscreen.
- Replace aosp Launcher with Trebuchet (compliments of CM)
- added Cpu Control Modules.
- Simplex Settings incorporated into System Settings!
. - CPU control - Overclock to 1.325Ghz, Stock - 1.2Ghz, or Underclock to 1.0Ghz to save some juice!
. - Spare Parts - Advanced android settings.
. - Trebuchet Launcher settings.
. - Beats Audio - Just felt it looked cleaner incorporated into settings vs a separate app.
- A bit of house cleaning.
note : for cpu settings to take affect you will need to reboot.
7/1/2012 - Updated to v-1.0.1(Dropped Beta!)
- Updated AOSP lockscreen - 4 hotseats. Unlock, SMS, Phone, and Camera.
- Updated build.prop - fix some logcat issues - probably unnoticed by most.
- Included Beats Audio!
- Fixed issues with MyVerizon Market app.
- Cleaned up apps and updated as needed.
- Included Gapps! mainly to fix some reporting multiple Galleries. Fixed Picassa Sync.
- Updated Default Wallpaper! Credit to Dubs_X!
- if I missed anything, I'll fill you in later! lol
6-24-2012 - Initial release!