#121 Sleehrat00

Sleehrat00

Moot Consumer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

I double checked and the system is not set to mount.

Any other ideas?

And yes, im interested in the hangout.
Current consumer, but hopefully one-day purveyor, of high quality moot products.

#122 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

does it actually show asterisks in the filename like that? maybe youre having a similar problem and the download name is too long. try changing the zip files name and trying again

#123 Sleehrat00

Sleehrat00

Moot Consumer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

Sorry, I just put the asterisks in there to show whatever filename it was saved under would fail.

I've reflashed twrp, renamed the file, tried to dirty flash an existing 4.4 ROM... and yet it still fails, occasionally saying that some symlinks failed to load.  But it continues to fail.

Current consumer, but hopefully one-day purveyor, of high quality moot products.

#124 stp2001

stp2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr hd

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Sorry, I just put the asterisks in there to show whatever filename it was saved under would fail.

I've reflashed twrp, renamed the file, tried to dirty flash an existing 4.4 ROM... and yet it still fails, occasionally saying that some symlinks failed to load. But it continues to fail.

you said a 16 gig hd? They have problems with Twrp get the cwm it will work or should lol send me your Gmail I'll add you.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

• cmh714 likes this

#125 Sleehrat00

Sleehrat00

Moot Consumer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

I have a 32GB HD on the RAZR MAXX HD and 32GB micosd card, but I'm willing to try cwm as an option for flashing the AOSP build.

stp2001 - check your pm for the email address.

Any other suggestions?!?  I really am at a loss here.  I am able to flash other 4.4 ROMS - OSE dailys for example.  I tried one of those this morning and it flashed perfectly fine using TWRP.

UPDATE: I actually flashed CWM recovery with the same result.  The same error came up as I described earlier.  I was able to restore my backup, so I am back up and running, but I am very much at a loss as to why this will not flash...

#126 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:@BionicMan_69
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Maybe you got a bad download. Have you tried re-downloading the ROM and try to flash it....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#127 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

try downloading with a different browser or something

#128 Sleehrat00

Sleehrat00

Moot Consumer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

Downloaded the rom over the air directly to the device as well as from Chrome.  Neither flashed.

I actually used the droid RAZR maxx HD utility and started from scratch and it still won't flash.  No earthly idea!

#129 stp2001

stp2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

@sleehart00 does any 4.4 rom flash?

#130 Sleehrat00

Sleehrat00

Moot Consumer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

OSE 4.4 ROM's flash successfully using TWRP.  I have a valid 4.4 backup that I can restore as well.

However, SlimKat Alpha 4.4 ROM fails just like the AOSP ROM.

I have not tried the CM11 4.4 ROM.

#131 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

definitely something strange going on on your device. whos version of twrp did you install? maybe try a different one.

djuniah posted on our forum, but others have posted elsewhere. I am still on 2.6.1 from hashcode so I havent chosen to update yet

#132 Sleehrat00

Sleehrat00

Moot Consumer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

I downloaded the TWRP referenced in this thread.  I would like to try the 2.6.1 from hashcode though.  Where can I find that version?  Maybe that will be the ticket.  Who knows?

#133 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

I will see whats posted in the thread, but heres a link to my dropbox for 2.6.1

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#134 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

I dont know where Tucs version came from, he probably compiled it himself, so @blametucstwo :)

Seriously tho, you have something odd going on since you are the only one having issues like this that I know of.

• RikRong likes this

#135 Sleehrat00

Sleehrat00

Moot Consumer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:20 AM

Great to know... ugh.

I tried 2.6.1 and again it failed.  Went to dhacker's download site and downloaded the 2.6.3 recovery from there and again flashing the aosp build and slimkat builds failed, , but flashing gapps of any variety, or the OSE 4.4 ROMs work great.

I used the Droid HD Utility to flash everything back to stock including the recovery, and went rerooting and even trying unlocking again.  Everything worked fine there and then reflashed 2.6.3 twrp.  Mounted system, wiped cache, dalvik, system, data, and internal storage.  And then attempted to flash the aosp build and slimkat builds (obviously not at once).  Nothing changed in terms of flashing as both failed, but flashing gapps of any variety, or the OSE 4.4 ROMs work great.

Is there something that I am missing here in wiping clean?!?

The OSE ROM series was the first ROM that I flashed on the device, but I really don't see why that would be the only one that would flash from thereafter.

Interestingly, when I try to even change the filename in the twrp file browser, this causes the "E: Unable to mount system" error to occur.  The filename changes, but the recovery is unable mount system until a reboot of recovery.

FYI, I just tried the OSE 11/27 nightly and it flashed without incident.

#136 stp2001

stp2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

That's crazy makes no sense. I know you have already tried mounting and unmounting system when flashing. And ose works fine so this really doesn't make sense

#137 animez

animez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

Just installed this rom earlier today and so far it's been rock solid. The status bar peek works better than CM. Only things I'm missing is customizing the quick panels and the brightness control by swiping the status bar. Guess the display brightness app will have to do. Edit - spoke too soon, MMS does not seem to work even in third party apps. Have not tried hangouts though. Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

#138 animez

animez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

This is what I get when I try to send a MMS via Textra.

Attached Files

#139 dmdj232

dmdj232

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:09 AM

Been running this Rom for a few days so far....It has been rock solid and fast!  The only thing I have noticed is that I get a "Clicking" sound while streaming through Bluetooth in my car....Anyone else experience this and if so have you come up with a solution??

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

BTW...Glad to see the RAZR HD still receiving some love from the DEVS!!

#140 Joseberga

Joseberga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Twitter:djjosemix
  • Google+:+JoseBaez990
  • LocationArgentina - Formosa
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD XT925

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hi! Please, build this rom for xt925 too! :)

Enviado desde mi XT925 mediante Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rom, 4.4, kit kat, aosp, xt926, razr hd, razr hd maxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users