145 replies to this topic

#81 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Yeah nice try bud. I'm not berating anyone, what the people who are involved in this fiasco are doing may be legal in an "Unlimited Data" stand point, but ethically wrong. Instigating a party of people to use more data than they normally would on a regular basis in an effort to obtain some level of personal satisfaction by 'sticking it to the man' bears no ethical rights. You all know exactly what you're getting when you sign up with a cell carrier. I don't agree with them locking the bootloaders either as I would love to have new radio's etc... but antagonizing this is WRONG! You are the kind of people that WILL mess things up for ALL the consumers with Verizon. Please don't be naive enough to think they CAN'T read these same posts and track them based on your usage. Again legally this may work as you may have an unlimited plan, but participating in this immature act of retaliation is childish at best. Most of us are grown men and women here and should live our lives that way and not be so petty. If you aren't happy with locked bootloaders, get a new device or new cell provider.

I'm not gonna even bother. I hope your posts make you feel better about yourself.

#82 TauntingBull

TauntingBull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Holy Crap! I should have seen this thread earlier.... plus my billing cycle closes on the 18th... this should have been alot of fun....

#83 TauntingBull

TauntingBull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Here is my total so far:

Posted Image

WTF?!?! LOL

OK now I wont even bother starting! :D

#84 TauntingBull

TauntingBull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

BTW Matt... Im sorry to see you leave VZ... Does this mean no more Droid Support love from you? And to which carrier and phone are you going to?

#85 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

BTW Matt... Im sorry to see you leave VZ... Does this mean no more Droid Support love from you? And to which carrier and phone are you going to?

I will be supporting Droid's to some extent. Keeping the Droid RAZR Utility updated is something I want to do, but I will not be making any more Droid RAZR Roms. I switched to T-Mobile and got a free HTC One S, however I plan on getting the Intel-Inside RAZR M XT890 soon.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#86 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

Yeah nice try bud. I'm not berating anyone, what the people who are involved in this fiasco are doing may be legal in an "Unlimited Data" stand point, but ethically wrong. Instigating a party of people to use more data than they normally would on a regular basis in an effort to obtain some level of personal satisfaction by 'sticking it to the man' bears no ethical rights. You all know exactly what you're getting when you sign up with a cell carrier. I don't agree with them locking the bootloaders either as I would love to have new radio's etc... but antagonizing this is WRONG! You are the kind of people that WILL mess things up for ALL the consumers with Verizon. Please don't be naive enough to think they CAN'T read these same posts and track them based on your usage. Again legally this may work as you may have an unlimited plan, but participating in this immature act of retaliation is childish at best. Most of us are grown men and women here and should live our lives that way and not be so petty. If you aren't happy with locked bootloaders, get a new device or new cell provider.

And if the posts here seem childish and ethically wrong to you, then by all means please posts somewhere else. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  • HouseMD likes this

#87 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

I just plain suck at this. Too much Wi-Fi I guess...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

46.37KB   22 downloads

#88 Brian

Brian

Everyday holds a different challenge, how will you meet them?

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAnywhere you Aren't

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

You know Sugar Coated, I have about enough of your holier than everyone else act. You do it in the chatroom, and now you are doing it in the forums. I wouls suggest that you go find another forum to be a part of, and I assure you, no one, and I mean no one, will notice that you have left. I really doesn't matter to any of us if Verizon notices us or not, what you have failed to see is that we have a community that has come together, and since you can not, or will not be a part of this community in a non-problematic way, then I suggest you move on.

#89 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

And if the posts here seem childish and ethically wrong to you, then by all means please posts somewhere else. Thanks.

You know Sugar Coated, I have about enough of your holier than everyone else act. You do it in the chatroom, and now you are doing it in the forums. I wouls suggest that you go find another forum to be a part of, and I assure you, no one, and I mean no one, will notice that you have left. I really doesn't matter to any of us if Verizon notices us or not, what you have failed to see is that we have a community that has come together, and since you can not, or will not be a part of this community in a non-problematic way, then I suggest you move on.

I'm not gonna even bother. I hope your posts make you feel better about yourself.

already dealt with thats enough.. all of you

remember we are family.. and yes he was too aggressive about his opinion and was talked to about it.. calmly and on a level headed playing field please follow that example in the future.. everyone has an opinion.. just say respectfully and if you dont agree with it.. you can say so respectfully :D
  • Thach, thaijunk and HouseMD like this
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#90 Brian

Brian

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Sure. I have nothing to more to say, period.

#91 Brian

Brian

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

It has been a little while since I posted my data usage, so here is the latest update:

Posted Image
  • mcjonesy likes this

#92 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

It has been a little while since I posted my data usage, so here is the latest update:

Game over lol.

#93 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

Brian, you still got 3 more days, shoot for 1Tb. :D
  • PillClinton and HouseMD like this

#94 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

Yeah nice try bud. I'm not berating anyone, ...blahblahblah.

I'm going to have to agree what Brian said. Just keep in mind that you can't control anyone's behavior. Yes, some of us do stupid things in our lives, but haven't you? This is just a silly game for us to play that's not going to affect Verizon one bit. I suggest that the subject be dropped, and please try keeping comments like that to yourself. it's for the best.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON...or panic and freak out! :D

EDIT: I have Brian's number now :) (see screenshot) :P

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#95 TauntingBull

TauntingBull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

@ Brian --- All hail the king! :D

#96 Brian

Brian

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

HaHa! I am sure there is someone out there who has used more data than me, they are just keeping quiet, and are going to swoop in at the end, FTW. That being said, I will continue to use my data like crazy, and yes, I am shooting for 1 TB. :P :D

#97 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

HaHa! I am sure there is someone out there who has used more data than me, they are just keeping quiet, and are going to swoop in at the end, FTW. That being said, I will continue to use my data like crazy, and yes, I am shooting for 1 TB.

If you use a TB of data you deserve more than just a $25 dollar gift card.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#98 Brian

Brian

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Well folks, here is the final tally for my usage, unfortunately I fell short of my 1TB goal due to some medical issues thae out me in the hospital and thus lessened my usage. In honor of Matts disdain for VZW, I will continue to monitor and use my data until the end of the month and see what I use for september. I averaged 27 gb a day.
Posted Image Posted Image
  • mcjonesy likes this

#99 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

All users who have finished their cycles need to email me with their member name, data usage, and screenshots. All entries eligible in the top 5 will be verified by me personally.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#100 nin

nin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

dang no where near Brian but still going at it as much as i can
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic