46 replies to this topic

#1 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

Posted Image

Introducing the Powerful Motorola RAZR™ i with Intel Inside® and an Edge-to-Edge Display
Say hello to the full-screen phone
LONDON – Sept. 18, 2012 – Motorola Mobility in partnership with Intel Corporation introduced the powerful Motorola RAZR™ i with Intel Inside®: the new full-screen smartphone
that fits in the palm of your hand. Its Super AMOLED Advanced 4.3-inch display spans from edge-to-edge with virtually no border - giving you more screen with less phone. RAZR
i is the first smartphone that can achieve speeds of 2.0 GHz thanks to a fast Intel® Atom™ processor. Jump from a game to a text and over to a playlist, then off to browse the
Web - all without stopping and on a long-lasting battery that is 40 percent more powerful than the competition

1.The power of Intel Inside means you also get an instant-launch 8-megapixel camera that can load in less than a second

2. Just use the dedicated camera key so you get the shot
you want. When there’s action involved, multi-shot mode lets you snap 10 pictures in less than a second. And with the illuminated sensor located on the back and High Dynamic
Range (HDR) capabilities, you’ll get a great shot, even in challenging lighting conditions.
“Together with Intel, we’re redefining what people can expect from a mobile device. A camera that launches in an instant, Web pages that load blazingly fast and a device that’s
the perfect balance of screen size and fit in hand,” said Jim Wicks, senior vice president, Consumer Experience Design, Motorola Mobility. “RAZR i delivers just that when you
put an Intel-fast processor in a beautifully designed phone and add in extra long battery life.”
“Motorola RAZR i with Intel Inside naturally blends together the value propositions of high performance Intel Architecture and great battery life, Motorola Mobility device innovation
and the Android™ platform,” said Erik Reid, general manager, Intel’s Mobile and Communications Group. “Intel’s goal is to provide compelling technology options that translate
into great user benefits and experiences. RAZR i is a great proofpoint in the collaboration and we’re thrilled to be working with Motorola to bring this edge-to-edge experience
enhanced with Intel Inside to people around the world.”
Powered by Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich (upgradeable to Jelly Bean), RAZR i puts the Google universe in your hand. Google Play™ gives you access to more than
600,000 apps and games, millions of books and thousands of movies. Get where you need to go with Google Maps for Android™ with free turn-by-turn directions and voice
guidance. And when your hands are full, use Voice Actions for Android™ on RAZR i to compose a text, get directions, make a call, play a song...or simply Google something.
RAZR i also features near field communication (NFC) technology so you can send contacts, links, maps and more directly to compatible phones with Android Beam™. Just hold
the phones together and tap the screen.
Designed with premium protective materials, RAZR i is built to go everywhere. A diamond cut aircraft-grade aluminum4 frame surrounds the display, which is made of Corning®
Gorilla® Glass, to deflect both scratches and scrapes. On the back, RAZR i is made DuPont™ KEVLAR® strong

3. Spilled coffee? Caught in the rain? Don’t worry. RAZR i is
protected with a splash-guard coating—even on the electrical boards inside.

RAZR i already has a long battery - and when you set up the SMARTACTIONS™ battery savings rule your phone will automatically adjust to squeeze more out of each charge.
Whether you want to maximize your last ounce of power, or prevent your phone from ringing during a meeting, SMARTACTIONS will automatically trigger specific actions.
Motorola’s exclusive Guide Me app comes preloaded with interactive, swipe-by-swipe tutorials for tons of features – no instruction manual required. Also unique to Motorola, the
interactive Circles Widget allows quick access to notifications, weather, time and more.

Availability and pricing
Motorola RAZR i will be available in black beginning in October in select European and Latin American markets including the U.K., France, Germany, Argentina, Brazil and
Mexico with more to be announced. A stand out white version will also be coming to select markets. Pricing and availability will vary by country, so please visit
www.motorola.com/razri for the latest information.

Source: motorola.com

Blah blah blah where's the bootloader information?

They've told us the general its unlockable per carrier-approval stuff as before. Assuming they make a Retail.en model (they always have in the past) which isn't carrier branded, it will be unlockable via the Motorola Unlock My Device webpage.

It will NOT be sold in the US and definitely won't be compatible on Verizon.

Personally I am importing one for use on T-Mobile... an unlockable X86 Intel+Motorola device is too hard to pass up!

What are your thoughts on this device?

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#2 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

Wow.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#3 Rom Breaker

Rom Breaker

Rom Breaker

• Developer
  • 55 posts
  • Twitter:@RomBreaker
  • Google+:rombreaker@gmail.com
  • LocationLansing,MI

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

Ehh...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#4 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

This may make me a T-Mobile convert. I likie..... Thanks for the write up Matt I woke up at 6:30 and missed it....

#5 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

When moto offers dev units with the larger battery, and a screen that's larger than the razr, I'd be all over it. Of course, on Verizon's network

#6 loonie01

loonie01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

Im thinking about just leaving Verizon and going to T-Mobile

#7 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

Why would they not release that in the US?

Make It Your Own

#8 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

Could be issues with carriers. Could be the FCC or ITC. Never underestimate the number of people trying to stifle innovation and product improvements.

#9 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

Sounds like a sick phone! Go figure not in u.s. I don't have the luxury of switching companies though. Only thing that works here is Verizon. At&t works some what but not as good and anything else your lucky to get roaming signal.

#10 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

Im thinking about just leaving Verizon and going to T-Mobile

I've been with all off the carriers. If the service was the same with each, I'd go with t-mobile as well.

#11 arparaspolo

arparaspolo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

It is still not a big enough jump from the rest of Moto's lineup. I think I need a UI change. I really want the Note 2. I have also been looking at the Optimus G. That thing looks to be a beast. Moto seems to be playing it safe. Just like crApple. Unfortunate.

#12 nsaechao

nsaechao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

Matt if you are able to get one and works with our network here then hook me up

#13 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

They don't want to risk releasing a phone without LTE in the US. The next Intel Motorola phone will be the dual core chip with LTE and will most likely be out in the US.

Matt if you are able to get one and works with our network here then hook me up

I will be ordering from Negrielectronics.com whenever they get it on their site.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#14 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

Pretty awesome, I just couldn't tolerate being on TSlobile again. OmG, they were the worst.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#15 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

Pretty awesome, I just couldn't tolerate being on TSlobile again. OmG, they were the worst.

Really depends on your area. I get at great signal on every carrier in San Diego besides Sprint

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

#16 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

Move to T-Mobile??? Amateurs.... I'm moving to Europe when this comes out

• mattlgroff, thejakenixon, Nanniepoo and 1 other like this

#17 Daino92

Daino92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Google+:chrisdaino@gmail.com
  • LocationFort Collins
  • Current Device(s):SCH-1535

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

I wish I could have this phone, but I also can't just switch carriers and spend all of that money. Looks cool though.

#18 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

Bleh, not seeing what all the hype is about other than the Intel processor. There is currently no phone that can make me want to leave the RAZR, except "maybe" the S3. That's about it.

To me, Moto is starting to fall out, which is why there is nothing but variations of the RAZR coming out now.

RAZR
RAZR MAXX
RAZR HD
RAZR HD MAXX
RAZR M
RAZRi

Give it a rest, it's starting to become an Apple gimmick. 1 phone, just small improvements along the way.
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#19 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Bleh, not seeing what all the hype is about other than the Intel processor. There is currently no phone that can make me want to leave the RAZR, except "maybe" the S3. That's about it.

To me, Moto is starting to fall out, which is why there is nothing but variations of the RAZR coming out now.

RAZR
RAZR MAXX
RAZR HD
RAZR HD MAXX
RAZR M
RAZRi

Give it a rest, it's starting to become an Apple gimmick. 1 phone, just small improvements along the way.

you know I was thinking the same thing. I just don't wanna believe it :(

Make It Your Own

#20 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

RAZR
RAZR MAXX
RAZR HD
RAZR HD MAXX
RAZR M
RAZRi

Yeah I agree. Even the Droid 4 was a Razr with a keyboard.

I do wonder if these were what was in the pipeline already during the Google buyout. I think the first non-Razr phone we see will have some Google influence and may be a winner.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users