#21 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

The Photon Q 4G LTE wasn't a RAZR!

Also. after seeing the benchmarks on this device... I wouldn't recommend anyone get it.

#22 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

The Photon Q 4G LTE wasn't a RAZR!

Also. after seeing the benchmarks on this device... I wouldn't recommend anyone get it.

Linky to benchamrks? I was actually extremely excited for an Intel inside Moto phone.....

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#23 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Bleh, not seeing what all the hype is about other than the Intel processor. There is currently no phone that can make me want to leave the RAZR, except "maybe" the S3. That's about it.

To me, Moto is starting to fall out, which is why there is nothing but variations of the RAZR coming out now.

RAZR
RAZR MAXX
RAZR HD
RAZR HD MAXX
RAZR M
RAZRi

Give it a rest, it's starting to become an Apple gimmick. 1 phone, just small improvements along the way.

Yea but I think the trade off will be Moto being able to be much more current with software updates....It's one thing Apple has done well that Android hasnt....

There;s only a few variations of iphone....which means Apple is able to concentrate on a few and pump out new OS's, and keep them current, more frequently....I imagine it takes ALOT of manhours to be able to cover each and every variation of diff Android phones and software upgrades....

Think about it....we just received ICS and they released a whole other OS we prob wont ever see on the reg Razr...sux...

So what would you rather: most current OS or more selection from Moto? Somethings gotta give...

#24 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

Some benchmarks I found on engadget, it pretty much shown that the M is better stock with a slower processor....hmmmm.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Make It Your Own

#25 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

The Photon Q 4G LTE wasn't a RAZR! Also. after seeing the benchmarks on this device... I wouldn't recommend anyone get it.

Have you seen the Photon Q? Lol, just because it doesn't have "RAZR" in the name, doesn't mean it's not a RAZR lol.
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#26 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

How come Samsung keeps coming out with Galaxy?

Motorola's new/old brand name is RAZR and its hear to stay for a while.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#27 Pego99

Pego99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

A couple of weeks ago Motorola, Google and Verizon announced some new Razr phones the Razr HD and the Razr Maxx HD which will be out later this year. I just thought I would mention this as the announcement may have been missed here.

#28 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

A couple of weeks ago Motorola, Google and Verizon announced some new Razr phones the Razr HD and the Razr Maxx HD which will be out later this year. I just thought I would mention this as the announcement may have been missed here.

No way, We all knew about it. Thanks though. Hardly anything gets past the guys here, lol.
Posted Image

#29 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

Looks like a Razr M with an intel chipset. None of these new Razr`s impress me at all. The OG and Maxx should`ve had the HD screen to start with, Come to think of it, this phone does`nt even have the HD screen. It`s ridiculous that Mid and High end phones by Moto are still being released with old screen tech, especially low res pentile. The newer devices that we`re being released at the same time period as the Razr line, like the Rezound and Gnex had them. The Rezound even had a higher clock speed.. Just like Hicks said, they`re incremental upgrades at the most. The OG Razr and Maxx are still very worthy phones.
Posted Image

#30 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

Looks like a Razr M with an intel chipset. None of these new Razr`s impress me at all. The OG and Maxx should`ve had the HD screen to start with, Come to think of it, this phone does`nt even have the HD screen. It`s ridiculous that Mid and High end phones by Moto are still being released with old screen tech, especially low res pentile. The newer devices that we`re being released at the same time period as the Razr line, like the Rezound and Gnex had them. The Rezound even had a higher clock speed.. Just like Hicks said, they`re incremental upgrades at the most. The OG Razr and Maxx are still very worthy phones.

Definitely true statement. None of these announcements are "Wow" phones just "Meh" phones.
  • Oaklands likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#31 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

Agreed

Make It Your Own

#32 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

How come Samsung keeps coming out with Galaxy?

Motorola's new/old brand name is RAZR and its hear to stay for a while.

That's exactly it, that's why its ridiculous. Samsung is the same way and now Moto is jumping on board with the "Samsung Galaxy S 2 Skyrocket Touch in White". It's insane. You don't need 6 versions of the same phone. And you don't need 1 phone with 6 descriptors. It dilutes the market and who's to even say what the "Flagship" phone is anymore? Lg is the same way even tho their market share is so low. With the LG Optimus line. A million names, 1 phone.

It's dumb.

What ever happened to small, medium and large?

My other hobby is mountain biking and they are equally as guilty with this crap. Take a look at Trek as an example. Trek sells 84 road bikes, 82 mountain bikes and 76 "recreational" bikes. Now I'm mainly into mountain biking so if I wanted a new bike, I have to choose from 82 different versions with a million points of overlap. And after 500 years of reading the specs, not one is made the way I would build one.

TL;DR
Its just getting crazy with the phones and the names

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#33 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

Moto's probably sticking with the razr name as they advertised the hell out of it with the original. It's a known brand

#34 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

Honestly though...how much more are you expecting? I feel like hardware development has slowed across the board. We all make fun of apple but what other OEMs have actually done anything revolutionary lately? Sure CPU speeds will increase, become more efficient, batteries will get bigger, screen res will increase...but everything across the board has kind of plateaued. There will be a big jump when quad-cores become more norm, then plateau, then there will be a display breakthrough, then plateau. Rinse and repeat.

Honestly kind of applies to everything. Cars only get minor updates for 5-7 years or so, then a revamp. TVs were all basically the same, then LED and super thin, now all kind of the same again.

#35 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hey I mountain bike too.....

Make It Your Own

#36 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Honestly though...how much more are you expecting? I feel like hardware development has slowed across the board. We all make fun of apple but what other OEMs have actually done anything revolutionary lately? Sure CPU speeds will increase, become more efficient, batteries will get bigger, screen res will increase...but everything across the board has kind of plateaued. There will be a big jump when quad-cores become more norm, then plateau, then there will be a display breakthrough, then plateau. Rinse and repeat.

Honestly kind of applies to everything. Cars only get minor updates for 5-7 years or so, then a revamp. TVs were all basically the same, then LED and super thin, now all kind of the same again.

If development has plateaued, why not make a phone with all of the best features, then call it your flagship?

#37 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

I got this email from MOTODEV three days ago for developer presale of the RAZR M, unlocked bootloader - $549 - doesn't seem to be GSM (shouldn't be, my MOTODEV prefs are only for CDMA - would make adware pretty stupid if they can't get that right).

Link to the presale page:

I always thought the M was sort of an iPhone knock-off, so I never looked at the specs originally, but looking at it now it seems other than the full screen, that it's the same engine; interesting that it seems to be hitting the US now after all the prior hoopla over nothing. Or maybe this is nothing, too.

Sorry if already posted somewhere, my ADD/schizophrenia level is too high today to look at every single post :D

DROID RAZR M Developer Edition: Unlock the bootloader

1]

GET YOUR DROID RAZR™ M DEVELOPER EDITION BY MOTOROLA.

You have received this email because of a prior transaction or relationship with Motorola.
If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please

For those with the courage to customize: the Developer Edition of DROID RAZR Mboasts all the power, speed and specs of the DROID RAZR M – plus all the new possibilities that are offered by an unlockable bootloader*. Enjoy the device's 4.3 inch edge-to-edge display, impressive 4G LTE speeds, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, and long battery life while tinkering to your heart's content.
Get yours now.

All screen images simulated.
*Unlocking your DEVELOPER EDITION's bootloader voids all warranties and may cause serious harm to your device.

Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation. Contact your service provider for details.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails from Motorola Mobility LLC, please

. Please direct any questions concerning Motorola's privacy practices to

. Inquiries or requests to unsubscribe from ("opt-out" of) communications from Motorola may also be mailed to:

Motorola Mobility LLC
Attn: Privacy Compliance Program
600 N. U.S. Highway 45
Mailstop W4-35M
Libertyville, IL USA 60048
Motorola values your privacy. For more information on our Privacy Practices, please visit

. Please visit

to see Motorola's website terms of use.

MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license. Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. Android, Google Play, Google, Gmail, the Google Logo, Google Maps, Google Talk, YouTube and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2012 Motorola Mobility LLC. All rights reserved.

EDIT: Sorry for the choppiness, there were a lot of embedded images that I cut out (so that it would post) and the reformatting caused it to be a little choppy. Turning HTML first might have been a good idea, if it had actually occurred to me.
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#38 carracerz14

carracerz14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Why is there such a big gap between the navigation bar and the bottom of the phone?

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

#39 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

That's exactly it, that's why its ridiculous. Samsung is the same way and now Moto is jumping on board with the "Samsung Galaxy S 2 Skyrocket Touch in White". It's insane. You don't need 6 versions of the same phone. And you don't need 1 phone with 6 descriptors. It dilutes the market and who's to even say what the "Flagship" phone is anymore? Lg is the same way even tho their market share is so low. With the LG Optimus line. A million names, 1 phone.

It's dumb.

What ever happened to small, medium and large?

My other hobby is mountain biking and they are equally as guilty with this crap. Take a look at Trek as an example. Trek sells 84 road bikes, 82 mountain bikes and 76 "recreational" bikes. Now I'm mainly into mountain biking so if I wanted a new bike, I have to choose from 82 different versions with a million points of overlap. And after 500 years of reading the specs, not one is made the way I would build one.

TL;DR
Its just getting crazy with the phones and the names

I remember back in microeconomics, the professor telling us there are something like 18 brands of cornflakes, then saying "Who the hell needs that many cornflakes? And really, how different can they be?" Answer - they're not, they're just flooding the shelf space to keep other brands out. Just like all those Trek bikes and Galaxy phones. But unfortunately, phones have a problem that Trek bikes and cornflakes don't have - about a dozen similar but completely distinct OS's to drive developers crazy upgrading for Gingerbread from 18 months ago, or face the wrath of consumers who can't understand that not only is their OS outdated, but it's surprising they even get phone service on it at all. Just sayin'....but one model would be nice. I know I don't need 18 brands of cornflakes, and all I need for a phone is one like the RAZR, that makes iPhones look bland and slow.
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#40 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Why is there such a big gap between the navigation bar and the bottom of the phone?

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Probably a model and not the real phone - or bad copy layout by someone in MOTO marketing department. I can't imagine the soft keys are that far from the bottom.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users